Fiero slowing rotting away soon to be crushed by RotrexFiero
Started on: 10-06-2006 03:12 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 10-10-2006 03:28 PM
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Found this Fiero GT sitting in the grass next to a auto garage. Its a black GT. I asked the owner about it and he wants to get rid of it. He said that he was going to just send it to the junk yard, but said for $100 or so dollars someone can take it away.

I looked it over.

No steering well.
missing passenger side grill cover
front head light cover missing
was not sure if it runs
rip in seat
very weather, sitting for approx. three years
All the body panels looked good.

Positives. The whole car appears original.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am really considering saving this car myself, if I just had the room for it. Just dont want to see it go to a junk yard.

------------------
87 Fiero GT (3.2 Turbo)
E-mail: david88@peoplepc.com
www.angelfire.com/pa5/davidfiero/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pbd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pbdClick Here to visit pbd's HomePageSend a Private Message to pbdDirect Link to This Post
Pics?
FieroGuy9890

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
wow. I couldn't stand to see that go to a junk yard. If only I lived closer.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

. He said that he was going to just send it to the junk yard, but said for $100 or so dollars someone can take it away.

If he's willing to pay me $100 to haul it away, I would consider it if I was closer...but something tells me that I'm not reading it right.

I'm not sure every Fiero is worth saving. It certainly is not cost effective. To get that $100 car to be a reliable daily driver would take thousands. It's much cheaper to buy one already in nice condition.

I'd rather see it get stripped for parts so that those parts can live on and help another car. What I hate to see is perfectly good parts crushed.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-07-2006 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Found this Fiero GT sitting in the grass next to a auto garage. Its a black GT. I asked the owner about it and he wants to get rid of it. He said that he was going to just send it to the junk yard, but said for $100 or so dollars someone can take it away.

I looked it over.

No steering well.
missing passenger side grill cover
front head light cover missing
was not sure if it runs
rip in seat
very weather, sitting for approx. three years
All the body panels looked good.

Positives. The whole car appears original.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am really considering saving this car myself, if I just had the room for it. Just dont want to see it go to a junk yard.

Darn, to far away for me. For 100 it might be worth it for body parts and other non degradeable components..
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
just pick it up for the 100 and part it out you will get your money back for the car in no time. its better than letting good parts get crushed. if you werent 4 hours away or i had a trailer i would come pick it up myself

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello If it was a 88 then then would change the story, if not just for the suspension alone. Thanks Norm
FieroGuy9890

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
Yeah i don't see it say what year it is anywhere, and that could make a big difference in the value of it.
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
I would pick it up if it was closer to me. You said it was a GT, is it a fastback? Heck if the taillights are in good shape theres your $100.00 bucks back right there.

Jason
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
If it also still has the wing, that alone would would get someone back waht cost them to get it. A good GT nose and especially tail lite would also make it a steel. I have 2 Fieros now and 124 spider or I'd get if only for the body parts.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Okay so you sell the clip and whatever, now you've got a rotting hulk of a Fiero that no one wants...what do you do with that? I've got a whole yard full of those. Unless you are Ed Parks or Archie and do it for a living, I would say pass.
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
good parts car for bobadoofunk..... he's nearby
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have some pictures but I am not sure how to post them. Could I send them to someone?

The steering wheel is in the car, it was laying on the passenger seat. Also the right rear vent is there also it was in the trunk. After looking the car over again it appears too be all there, so not sure why it was just left there.

Odometer says 69k, probably 169k.

I inspected the underside of the car, a lot of rust. My guess is the cradle is just about gone. All body panels appears good, some damage to the front nose on the passenger side, but does not look severe.

Other than that the car is all stock, was not modified. The engine compartment looks completely stock, modifications of any kind.

I believe this car to be a 86 GT, since the V6 plenum is not engraved. Believed in 87 they started engraving them.

My dad gave me the money to purchase the car but I am hesitant since it looks to be a lot of work, and there appears to be so much, possible frame damage from rust. Like someone mentioned except for a few parts, panels, what would I do with the rest of the car?

Is anyone interested, or have space just to keep the poor Fiero from ending up in the junk pile?

Regards
David

------------------
87 Fiero GT (3.2 Turbo)

chopfren-z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chopfren-zSend a Private Message to chopfren-zDirect Link to This Post
You could recycle the metal frame and parts you don't want get a little money there.
speedracerfx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speedracerfxSend a Private Message to speedracerfxDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it's not closer to me. I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.
chopfren-z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chopfren-zSend a Private Message to chopfren-zDirect Link to This Post
So would I!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
if i had a way to get it here, id take it... as long as it had the engine... but alas, i have no way to tow it here!
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
The guy will tow if for you with in a reasonable distance. He has his own tow truck. I will have to get the address phone number.
Acesurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AcesurferClick Here to visit Acesurfer's HomePageSend a Private Message to AcesurferDirect Link to This Post
shipping?
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is the contact information:

McDermott Auto Services
(412) 828-1333

Kevin McDremott Owner

6836 Verona Road
Verona Pa 15147

------------------
87 Fiero GT (3.2 Turbo)

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
send me the pix! BobadooFunk@gmail.com
PFF
System Bot
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Pics sent...
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
it would be cool to see the parts on this fiero saved and put on others to prevent them from going to the metal scrapper in the sky. lol

The fast back conversion people would really like to get ahold of this one.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
ok now i REALLY want it!! im gonna call tomorrow!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
someone else called and gave him what he wanted $200...

he said he could get $100 at the yard for it.. but he wanted atleast $150... but someone else should have it today

back to looking for free-cheap parts so i can have 1 out of 3 Fieros running..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock