Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  did ssome fieros come with stock gt lace rims that where white? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
did ssome fieros come with stock gt lace rims that where white? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 10-04-2006 11:08 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Hop on 10-10-2006 12:23 AM
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
mine are white. there defintily not painted white ether. they must be dipped like powdercoated? the lips still shiney metal color but the lace is white. i see a few other owners with what look like the same rims as mine. mine is a 86? was this a option or somthing or did the previous owner powdercoat my rims?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Seems like there was a special version for a specific dealer where they did white GTs with white wheels. I can't remember the name right off though.

**Edit**
Here's the link to the ones I was thinking about... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059040.html
50 cars made for Quality Pontiac. If it is one of these it would be solid white with white wheels and a black Pegasus on the hood.

**Edit 2**
After more research I found that only the prototype had white wheels. It was decided that the cost was too much to do on all 50 cars.

It would be cool if you ended up with the prototype. The special edition was an 86 GT.

------------------

4th Annual California Coast Run
October 27-29, 2006
San Simeon, California

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-04-2006).]

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
yours would be the first ive seen like that... id imagine they'd look pretty good if kept clean... i don't think its a factory option though for sure... impretty sure that in 86 all the lace wheels were just grey.

------------------

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
so everyone else just panted theres? and the previous owner of mine had it powdercoated?

My rims> there really dirty but when u clean them up u can tell the white isnt painted on.

my whole 86 is white too. other 86's have the grey along the bottom. and this one has 44 thousand miles on it and was garaged for 19 years of its life. so i dont see why it would have been repainted? my mirrors are white as well

[This message has been edited by 84fierotrevor (edited 10-04-2006).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
4 speed or 5 speed?

Most 86s had 4 speeds. The special editions had 5 speeds.

You've got half the things to make it a special edition! haha

According to Paul Vargyas, some of these did end up in CA. If you have a 5-speed, you might contact him and ask him if he has serial numbers.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-04-2006).]

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
mine has a 4 speed tho. but it comes with every option except the rear window defrost like that artical says.
and it says somthing about a black nose badge. is this the one they mean?

nope nevermind I just looked it up. i have a stock nose badge. i wonder what the heck is up with my car then!

[This message has been edited by 84fierotrevor (edited 10-04-2006).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That's just a normal GT badge. I don't know what the special one looked like.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

my white mirrors ^^

the other day when I looked deep down into my mirrors i noticed the inside was white too. is there a way to take the guts out and paint the inside as well or would that have to have been done factory?
im almost positve the car was never repainted.
it sat under a car cover in a garage almost its whole life.
somthing is funny with my car. or someone did alot of funky things to it for no reason
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
post the Vin. I have a photo of one of the 50 window stickers. the Vins were consecutive. this way we know for sure if is is one of the 50.
Ron
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Whether it is or not, put a big ole black Pegasus on the hood and make a Quality Pontiac replica! I would think it is not one of the 50 since it is a 4-speed, but it does have a lot of the goodies. They are out there somewhere.

I had a white 85 GT that was done like that...

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-05-2006).]

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
1g2pg9793gp271790
PFF
System Bot
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I have seen a few sets of white (looked like powder coat) on the 15" mesh wheels. All of these wheels were 15x7 so maybe it was the paint scheme for 86 or 87, at least with those cars that were painted white. I think Pondski's white 88 GT has gold mesh rims.

------------------
FierOmar

DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
There was a local car I mistook for an 88 GT, the back story on it was that the guy wanted the aerokit and mirrors matched to the body (one of the reds not sure which) and gold wheels so the dealer had the work done before delivery. I'm sure there are several cars out there that got some special treatment by dealers before the customer took delivery. Same guy owned several corvairs he kept in storage but last I heard he had sold the 87GT.

Could be something a dealer did special for a customer, could be a later change. You could try tracking down the previous owners to get the lowdown.

BTW, I like the all white cars, my first Fiero was a new white 84 base coupe (all I could afford at the time, $9000.00).

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The dealer in Caifornia that had some of the white cars was in Santa Anna if I recall corectly.

For some reason I think it was called Stadium Pontiac and was near the field the Angels played . Which in turn was near FOCCA.

I would have to look it up again as this info all was in the FOCCA Magazine in several issues.

They had a hard time unloading these cars at the mark up.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
well this car came from newport beach which is like ten miles from santana ana. and the angels stadium is in anahiem
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post
I have a White 86 GT, with white lace wheels on it that look like they have been powder coated, automatic, gray interior ...... don't shot the messenger, I am only passing along information I obtained a few years ago when I first purchased this car. The car has a metal plate about 1 inch wide and maybe 6 inches long with red, white and blue stripe running length wise with "deLongpre Design" super imposed over the top of it attached to the front edge of the doors. When I purchased the car I did not have a clue as to who or what this meant. I ask the question here on the forum, not sure if it was general discussion or technical.... anyway...... I got back responses that there was a dealer, Longpre Pontiac in southern California that had some cars special ordered from the factory to his specs and then put his plate on them "deLongpre Design". I ran a carfax on the car and it shows the car as being registered in California. I have no idea if this guy is still in business or not? If anyone finds out differently, please let me know the rest of the story. Thanks Hop

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed - Black
88 GT Auto - Red 4.9 engine swap in progress
88 GT Auto - Yellow
88 GT Auto - White
88 Coupe 4cyl - Auto - Red-For Sale
86 GT Auto - Black - For Sale - No Title
86 GT Auto - White- Longpre Edition
86 SE V6 5sp converted to GT - Silver - For Sale
62 Vette
62 Impala - Anniversary Gold
95 Vette - Auto-White-41,000 miles-For Sale

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post
my wheels are white, they were painted/polished by Kit, but my mirrors arent white (the d/s one has been replaced with a non-power one that i think is off a camarobird), the car has white ground effects too, but they were painted as i can see gray underneath
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Jermz238

1637 posts
Member since Jan 2006
oops forgot to attach picture

------------------
1986 Fiero GT- she's running, working out the kinks :)

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of stock lace type wheels that came with an 88 Mera. They are white with a polished outer lip. I have not looked in a while but am uncertain whether they were powercoated or painted.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Quality Pontiac had White monocrome cars made in 1986. There is information about them in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059040.html

------------------

Awesome Fiero items by F-I-E-R-O

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 10-05-2006).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Quality Pontiac had White monocrome cars made in 1986. There is information about them in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059040.html

Welcome to the 2nd post in the thread.

Obviously I am just teasing you...

------------------

4th Annual California Coast Run
October 27-29, 2006
San Simeon, California

PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Qality Pontiac had White monocrome cars made in 1986. There is onformation about them in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059040.html

thats the thread that made me wonder about my car when someone else above posted it.
i posted my vin im waiting for someone to get back to me on weather my car matches the sequince.
i am sure it doesnt i just find my car odd how my mirrors, lower body modings and rims are white, when it hasn't been repainted and everyone else i asked with white rims said theres was painted. mine also came with every option under the sun like subwoofer. the leatrher/sued seats, cruise control. sunroof. but not rear defrost?? Whats up with that. who says i want it all! all but the rear defrost! lol.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Welcome to the 2nd post in the thread.

Obviously I am just teasing you...

OK you put a smile on my face ( I'm an idiot ) . I "breezed" thru this thread and did not hit the link you had in your post Dale. I was so excited remembering this thread, and thinking I could offer up some assistance. Oh well, maybe next time. And good job on posting it.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
No worries. I'd hate to think how many times I have done that! haha.

Just thought I would rib you a little.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post
Have any of you California members ever heard about ?????

Longpre Pontiac in southern California that had some cars special ordered from the factory to his specs and then put his plate on them "deLongpre Design".
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Actually 5 spd. 86 GT's weren't technically special editions - they were just the cars that were made in June - August of that Model Year (end of the model year technically I guess). Some people call those 5 spds. 86 1/2 GT's to designate the difference.

~ Jen
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
i remember about 5 years ago down in riverside CA i saw an 88whiteGT with white wheels.... or it could be one of these 86's?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Actually 5 spd. 86 GT's weren't technically special editions - they were just the cars that were made in June - August of that Model Year (end of the model year technically I guess). Some people call those 5 spds. 86 1/2 GT's to designate the difference.

~ Jen

But all of the special editions were 5-speeds. Every 86 (86.5) with a 5 speed is not a special edition, but every 86 special edition had a 5-speed. That is the point we were making. If he had a 5-speed, he could have looked deeper to see if his was one of the 50.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-06-2006).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
My bad - I misunderstood your first post. Some people call the SE's - Special Edition and that was where I was confused.

~ Jen
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

post the Vin. I have a photo of one of the 50 window stickers. the Vins were consecutive. this way we know for sure if is is one of the 50.
Ron

its posted. gonna check it?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I have seen other pics of GT's with white wheels. A few years ago, there was a clip on America's Funniest Videos where a guy had just brought home his new white Fiero GT, got out and it rolled away across the street. That car had white wheels.

The Lace wheels also came in black and gold. Not just Gray. But those were in later years.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The Lace wheels also came in black and gold. Not just Gray. But those were in later years.

88s had black and gold as an option. 86 and 87 were only gray from the factory. There seems to be an awful lot of white wheels around now though.

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman: ............ There seems to be an awful lot of white wheels around now though.

Is it possible that Longpre Pontiac in southern California put them all on the street ?
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
The window sticker for #12 of the Quality Pontiac 1986 Fieros show that it is an automatic. Not stick as said in earlier post. The photo is not clear enough, but it is there at a cost of $540.00
Ron T 1984 Indy

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Lifetime FOCCA membeship!!!!

Now there is a rare option.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

The window sticker for #12 of the Quality Pontiac 1986 Fieros show that it is an automatic. Not stick as said in earlier post. The photo is not clear enough, but it is there at a cost of $540.00
Ron T 1984 Indy

That's interesting, Ron. You should send a copy of that to Paul Vargyas so he can research it and change the 'official info' that was released. When they were released they were supposed to be all manuals. I'd like to find out more of the story on how an auto got out...

But in June of 1986, the Quality Pontiac dealership in Pontiac, Michigan arranged to have 50 special
Fiero GT's built. All 50 identical cars were produced in one day at the Fiero plant. Each of these 86
Fiero GT's had white monochrome paint, gray cloth interior, Getrag 5-speed, and most available
options, except rear window defrost. Quality Pontiac purchased fifty, black, Pegasus-style hood
decals from FOCOA for these cars and had a couple of people inside the Fiero plant installing the
decals onto the hoods the day the cars were produced (the only known time that non-union workers
were ever allowed into the factory to work on vehicles). Numbers were added to the window stickers
of these white monochrome 1986 Fiero GT's identifying the 50 cars sequentially from 000 through
049, with number 000 being the first one produced.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-08-2006).]

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
anyone know if my vin is even close the the vins of these special editions?
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post
heres new pic of mine

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

heres new pic of mine

man your fiero is sweet, it looks alot like mine
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post
hehe ty
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock