Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My 3800SC II Official Build Thread (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
My 3800SC II Official Build Thread by JimmyS
Started on: 09-10-2006 12:50 PM
Replies: 219
Last post by: JimmyS on 11-14-2006 09:52 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple samples of JR's handy work.

1st up is the trans shifter bracket. Nice work huh! Does anyone sell a bracket that will work properly?

Next up is the piece on the trans that the cable connects too. notice that he heated it then bent it down so the cable end would not hit the cross over pipe. Notice the plastic end of the cable is partially melted! Anyone sell a part to correct this?

And next is the throttle cable bracket. I'm no mechanic but I could swear that this is too much play in the cable? Also notice that the bracket will not support the cruise control. Anyone sell this bracket that will support the GTP cruise control?
IP: Logged
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
So you paid $8,000 dollars for a partially installed 3800sc that does not run....and now you have to pay more to someone else to have it completed properly?

That's just insane.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

So you paid $8,000 dollars for a partially installed 3800sc that does not run....and now you have to pay more to someone else to have it completed properly?

That's just insane.

Yes I paid $8,000 but the car does run. It starts and drives but none of the gauges work and the wiring needs to be completed along with the pcm programed.
I took the car Friday morning to the local exhaust place and they bled the brakes and now they work fine, did a full allignment (during the allignment they noticed that the left rear tire was wobbly so they tried to tighten the lug nuts but they were tight. They took the wheel off and found that the large nut that goes on the end of the drive shaft and holds the hub on had not been tightened down all the way. About 3/4" loose. They tightened it but the hub was still wobbly and then found that the hub bearing was shot so they replaced it), the also adjusted the coilovers to bring the ride height down. They said the rear ride height was about 3 inches higher than the front and they adjusted it down to level with the front. All to the tune of $472.59

Today I ordered the 3.5 pulley from The Pulley Boys for $81.50 shipped.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-13-2006).]

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to hear that you have had so many problems with your install. What compounds thing even more is that you are having to spend even more money than anticipated to get tings done the way they should have been in the first place. Time wise I know how you feel I have been waiting a long time for Loyde to finish my engine, dates have come and gone and my poor car sits with it`s backside up in the air waiting for it`s heart transplant so it can live again.
Carl
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
For $8,000 Dollars there are no exuses or reasons for poor, faulty work. It should have been delivered waxed and ready to race. Just my opinion though.
alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Northeastfiero. I am also sorry that you had to experience this. I hope that you'll be able to get everything going soon. Good luck.
speedracerfx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speedracerfxSend a Private Message to speedracerfxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

For $8,000 Dollars there are no exuses or reasons for poor, faulty work. It should have been delivered waxed and ready to race. Just my opinion though.

I agree.
Ponalum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonalumSend a Private Message to PonalumDirect Link to This Post
Those pictures make me want to puke. What an idiot.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Jimmy,

It may not help your wallet much, but it may help your heart to know your struggles will be a help to others who are about to embark on a simlair path.

When it comes to spending that kind of money, it seems nowadays you have to get things in writing, set specific reasonable time deadlines, tie it into their pay, and whatever else you have to do to insure a quality job.

Not saying you did or did not do any of these things but it just stresses how important such things are.

Best of luck.

Tony

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
I agree with getting references and written assurances for work, but how many places are willing to put in this in writing and give a specific date. I mean even most reputable places will not assure anything, especially when it comes to custom work.

I think you are best asking around, and checking references.

It's a shame there is a large custom car market out there, and for those willing to do good and competent work you can make for yourself a good business. Simply doing good work can lead to more prosperity and success, but doing the opposite can lead to business suicide.

If you watch any of those motorcycle and car reality TV shows, they bust their butts to assure the customer gets what they want and that they get it on time. Customer relations are important. When you lose track of that you will lose your business. Customer are allowed to complain, especially when they are paying top dollar. They are allowed to change their mind, its their money. I think the botte line here is a man was paid money to complete work and never completed it. Thanks for warning us all where not to take our Fieros for custom work.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Here are a couple samples of JR's handy work.

1st up is the trans shifter bracket. Nice work huh! Does anyone sell a bracket that will work properly?

Next up is the piece on the trans that the cable connects too. notice that he heated it then bent it down so the cable end would not hit the cross over pipe. Notice the plastic end of the cable is partially melted! Anyone sell a part to correct this?

And next is the throttle cable bracket. I'm no mechanic but I could swear that this is too much play in the cable? Also notice that the bracket will not support the cruise control. Anyone sell this bracket that will support the GTP cruise control?

JR is a peice of work I tell you, That is just Lazy with a big fat capitol L.
For the money this guy charged and if he was that lazy, He should of purchased the already made bracket for the 4t65 HD,
Could of got the THrottle cable from the same place as well.
ZIP TIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
JR was paid all but $740.00. I have spent $554.09 of that money already to fix things on the car. That leaves me with $185.91. As you can tell there is a lot more to fix. The brackets will need to be purchased along with paying to have the computer programmed and the wiring still needs to be fixed. It really sucks that something that was a dream to me turned out to be such a nightmare. I really appreciate all the sympathy but right now what I need is help. Anyone that can donate a little time, a bracket that is needed, or some other small parts that are needed would be greatly appreciated. JR bled my funds dry and to be quite honest I just don't have the money to buy everything that is going to be needed to make this car right. I am not the type of person to ask for help or anything for free but right now just don't see any other option.

Edit to add... Anyone who can lend a little money ($10-$20) would also help. PM me and I will give you my paypal address. From some of the research I have done so far I will need to come up with approximately $500.00 to purchase the rest of the parts needed. I will keep a detailed list of who donates what and after the Christmas Holidays I will begin paying it back. I am not looking for handouts just small loans.

None of you really know me that well but if you did you would know how hard it was for me to just ask that from someone.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-14-2006).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I can make a bracket for the shifter.

In one picture I saw that you had the cruise clip availible next to the throttle cable clip on the bracket. as far as fixing the throttle cable, you can get a fix at the local parts store, its called like a throttle cable stopper or somthing, basicly it looks like a barrel with a screw in it, and there is a hole in the barrel that you put the cable through.

As far as gauges go, I can talk you through how to hook them up.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Yes there is a place to connect the cruise control into but here is the problem. The cable isn't long enough to reach the pin that it is supposed to connect too.
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post

Yes there is a place to connect the cruise control into but here is the problem. The cable isn't long enough to reach the pin that it is supposed to connect too.

Here is what I did for the cruise and throttle cable. No cutting or modifying of cables. Notice that I drilled out the lower rivet and put the bolt with the swage nut. It look like JR tryed on that but didnt quite get it. The cruise from a GTP

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 11-14-2006).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:
Here is what I did for the cruise and throttle cable. No cutting or modifying of cables. Notice that I drilled out the lower rivet and put the bolt with the swage nut. It look like JR tryed on that but didnt quite get it. The cruise from a GTP

If you look at your thottle bracket and the 1 that JR made you will see that your bracket is shorter which would explain why my cruise cable doesn't reach.
Is your bracket the stock 3800 bracket?
Is your cruise the GTP cruise or the stock Fiero cruise?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-14-2006).]

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post

If you look at your thottle bracket and the 1 that JR made you will see that your bracket is shorter which would explain why my cruise cable doesn't reach.
Is your bracket the stock 3800 bracket?
Is your cruise the GTP cruise or the stock Fiero cruise?

My bracket is off of the GTP and the cruise is also off of the GTP

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
..my.. god... i'm sorry this happened to you.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:

My bracket is off of the GTP and the cruise is also off of the GTP

So I may be better off finding a GTP bracket and doing the same thing you did.

Anyone got a GTP bracket lying around they can part with?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I have started a new thread in the Technical section to help me complete this swap. Let this thread die.
Link here... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock