Illinois Fiero Owners - Let's meet! by RiceCooker
Started on: 07-05-2006 02:57 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Archie on 08-04-2006 09:11 PM
RiceCooker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Good day, eh, from the great white north!

I'll be heading down in your neck of the woods to park my car in Archie's garage for a few weeks

(EDIT) 07/27/06

See details in post down the page for possible meeting Saturday August 5th...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be in town from July 18th(my birthday) to July 20th before flying back home to Calgary. I would love to meet up and see some of the cars in person that I have only been able to see (and drool over) on PFF.
I have no plans other than to visit Archie's shop, hopefully meet a few people and maybe even play a game of golf or two.

Can anyone recommend any good golf in the area? (nothing too $$$)
I also have to find some lodgings somewhere close to the shop or the airport (O'Hare).
Keep in mind, I won't have a car to drive, maybe I can rent a PFF Roadster from somewhere lol

Thanks,
Todd

[This message has been edited by RiceCooker (edited 07-27-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Angel_Valentino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Angel_ValentinoSend a Private Message to Angel_ValentinoDirect Link to This Post
Hey what's going on. I'm from Chicago and if you'd like I can show you around town (recommed places to eat what to do etc.) Also what are you having done to your car? My fiero is nothing spectacular, it's pretty much stock and in need of a paint job, currently saving up, but if you'd like to chill PM me or something and maybe we can meet up and cruise in our badass fieros lol.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Getting out to Archie's during the weekdays is difficult. (work, kids, etc.)
Too bad it wasn't over the weekend.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 07-06-2006).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I would hook up with you but I work at night so thats a no go. But welcome to our city.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
86 Fiero GT
NIFE Member

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Sorry, Getting out to Archie's during the weekdays is difficult. (work, kids, etc.)
Too bad it wasn't over the weekend.

Hey, no worries

If all goes according to plan, I'll be arriving back in town to pick the car up on Saturday August 5th. Perhaps we could meet up then and take some pics of our cars together. They will be sort of like long lost cousins...lol

On another note......I sprained my wrist very badly playing baseball this week so here will not be any golfing whatsoever
It's gonna make it very hard to put on my new Mr. Mikes leather seats too....

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RiceCooker:

Hey, no worries

If all goes according to plan, I'll be arriving back in town to pick the car up on Saturday August 5th. Perhaps we could meet up then and take some pics of our cars together. They will be sort of like long lost cousins...lol

Now Aug 5th I can do.
Pegasus SD455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus SD455Send a Private Message to Pegasus SD455Direct Link to This Post
Aug.5 is ok with me to.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
aug 5th will work here as well. keep me posted on a time and place.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
86 Fiero GT
NIFE Member

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Howdy again....

I'll be arriving at O'Hare International at 8:40 Saturday morning August 5th.
Is there anyone in that General direction who I can bribe to pick me up from the airport at 9:00ish?

Bribes could include breakfast and/or beer and/or a ride in my new V8 Fiero!

Archie, can we all meet up and hang out at the shop for a couple of hours?

I do plan on driving the car around the area for most of the day and also staying in the area Saturday night. Sunday morning I wil begin the smooth 1700 mile trip home...
I had the chance to meet Paul V (great guy) when I was up a couple weeks ago and would love to see some more Illinois Fieros and maybe share some ideas & stories.

Todd

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Hey Todd, this is Mark over at Archies. Your welcome to stay the night sat. if you need a place, I'm maybe 2 miles from the shop.

Oh, and your car came out VERY nicely, its a whole new world, your gonna love it!!!
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Oh, and your car came out VERY nicely, its a whole new world, your gonna love it!!!

Oh you tell me that, and i'm like an 8 year old kid trying to sleep the night before christmas all hopped up on candy!
PFF
System Bot
vamper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vamperSend a Private Message to vamperDirect Link to This Post
hey just curious... where is archies new shop... i might stop on by after my 3800 conversion is done this weekend and meet up with you guys. but if i cant make it im still interested in seeing the new shop... i only live in belvidere... and its just a hop skip and a jump to swing by
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vamper:

hey just curious... where is archies new shop... i might stop on by after my 3800 conversion is done this weekend and meet up with you guys. but if i cant make it im still interested in seeing the new shop... i only live in belvidere... and its just a hop skip and a jump to swing by

Here is his information.

V-8 Archie
11411 Summerwood Dr.
Machesney Park, IL 61115

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Belvidere,+IL:+61008&daddr=Summerwood+Dr,+Machesney+Park,+IL+61115&ie=UTF8&ll=42.328093,-88.918533&spn=0.176404,0.31929&om=1

1. 0.0 mi (0m) Head northeast from W Madison St - go 0.3 mi 0.3 mi 1 min 15.8 mi (32m 50s)

2. 0.3 mi (0m 45s) Turn left at N State St - go 0.5 mi 0.5 mi 1 min 15.5 mi (32m 4s)

3. 0.8 mi (1m 35s) Bear right at Fairgrounds Rd - go 0.6 mi 0.6 mi 1 min 15.0 mi (31m 15s)

4. 1.4 mi (2m 43s) Continue on IL-76 - go 1.9 mi 1.9 mi 3 mins 14.4 mi (30m 6s)

5. 3.3 mi (6m 3s) Turn left at Caledonia Rd - go 5.1 mi 5.1 mi 9 mins 12.5 mi (26m 47s)

6. 8.5 mi (14m 54s) Turn left at IL-173 - go 2.1 mi 2.1 mi 4 mins 7.4 mi (17m 55s)

7. 10.6 mi (18m 31s) Continue on W Lane Rd - go 3.8 mi 3.8 mi 7 mins 5.3 mi (14m 18s)

8. 14.4 mi (25m 9s) Turn right at Forest Hills Rd - go 1.1 mi 1.1 mi 2 mins 1.4 mi (7m 41s)

9. 15.5 mi (26m 40s) Turn right at Irving Blvd - go 0.2 mi 0.2 mi 0.3 mi (6m 10s)

10. 15.7 mi (27m 7s) Turn right at Summerwood Dr - go 0.1 mi 0.1 mi 0.1 mi (5m 42s)

11. 15.8 mi (27m 22s) Arrive at Summerwood Dr Machesney Park, IL 61115

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2006 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Are you still coming out Oreif?

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
One last bump......

Hope to see you on Saturday!

Todd
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post
did anyone ever commit to picking you up?

------------------

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Archie has offered to make the 60 mile drive out to O'Hare unless someone else closer would like to come out...

Thx
T
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
RiceCooker, A slight change in plans.

As it turns out MotorTV (Chuck) is planning to come out to see me at the shop tomorrow morning. He lives only a few minutes from O'Hare & he would be passing by there just about the same time you'll be arriving. He will be picking you up in his Red 383 LT1 Turbo Fiero so bring your own barf bag

I'm going to send you a PM & an EMail with his Cell Phone number in it. I'll also be EMailing him your info.

Please note that his iontercooler is in the trunk, so you may have your bags in your lap.

Please confirm that you got this information.

Archie

------------------

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Sounds Great!

I will keep one bag for my clothes and one bag for my barf

I am leaving work now so any further messages you can send to my hotmail address: fieromanbiff@hotmail.com or else post them here. I leave for the airport in about 6 hours but can check back before then for sure.

Todd
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

RiceCooker, A slight change in plans.

As it turns out MotorTV (Chuck) is planning to come out to see me at the shop tomorrow morning. He lives only a few minutes from O'Hare & he would be passing by there just about the same time you'll be arriving. He will be picking you up in his Red 383 LT1 Turbo Fiero so bring your own barf bag

I'm going to send you a PM & an EMail with his Cell Phone number in it. I'll also be EMailing him your info.

Please note that his iontercooler is in the trunk, so you may have your bags in your lap.

Please confirm that you got this information.

Archie

"iontercooler"... shhhh... you weren't supposed to talk about my ion drive.... LOL
Chuck

See... you can fit a bag in the back... LOL
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2006 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Todd, you need to watch for my Solstice at the airport in the morning.

As many know, Chuck (MotorTV) is the cameraman for a very popular Chicago area 1 hour long TV show. Motor Sports Unlimited TV is a Cable TV show that is broadcast 52 weeks a year in the greater Chicago area. They produce 50 new one hour productions every year. Considering Chuck also has a full time job, that means that most of those 50 shows have to be taped on weekends.

Anyway, Chuck just called & told me that he had just checked the shooting schedule, thinking that they were only scheduled to tape a car show on Sunday, but he found out that they have to tape another show on Saturday.

So, much to his regret, he just can't make the trip tomorrow.

So watch for my Solstice.

Archie
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock