Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  This is a REAL Ferrari--Look at the engine!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This is a REAL Ferrari--Look at the engine! by intlcutlass
Started on: 06-23-2006 01:42 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Erik on 06-24-2006 01:00 AM
intlcutlass

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-American-V6-mus t-see_W0QQitemZ4647049381QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6212QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Follow that link....then look at the V6 in it!!!

To quote:
"Very Unique 308 GTS. Someone got tired of the Ferrari Maintence costs, so they dropped in an american v6 and 5 speed. Not sure of the origin of either, but this is a true ferrari body and frame, not a kit car. Car has a Ferrari VIN and Ferrari Title. 52k miles"

[This message has been edited by intlcutlass (edited 06-23-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Actually that is not a bad car. You get a real Ferrari without the $300 oil changes. - Though the soul is gone. You also have the potential for an SBC or other potent swap.
Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
Why would someone put an American V6 in a Ferrari? Especially one with Fiero valve covers. Sounds fishy to me.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:
Actually that is not a bad car. You get a real Ferrari without the $300 oil changes. - Though the soul is gone. You also have the potential for an SBC or other potent swap.

It might not be a bad car in that it's a Ferrari, but the $20k it went for is a bit steep, if it's not the original. I'd rather spend the extra $10k and have an all original Ferrari. The 308 and 328 can be had for anywhere from $25-50k.

-- Rodney
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
ferrari with fiero engine- 20grand
fiero with ferrari body- 10grand
hmmmmm interesting

------------------

Low Original Miles at 37,575!!!
19x8.5(f) and 19x9.5(r) Drifz 520b's
235/35 & 245/35 Nitto NT555s
Otherwise stock for now ;)

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fastcaddy:

ferrari with fiero engine- 20grand
fiero with ferrari body- 10grand
hmmmmm interesting

EXACTLY

It's almost the definition of ironic don't ya think...

Somebody took the time to convert a car that the Fiero was rumor'd to imitate, and dropped a Fiero engine in it!

[This message has been edited by intlcutlass (edited 06-23-2006).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Roylmohr:

Why would someone put an American V6 in a Ferrari? Especially one with Fiero valve covers. Sounds fishy to me.

It's real. The new owner was even posting in one of the online Kit Car Forums recently!

But it does make sense. Have you ever seen the maintenence schedule & costs associated with a Ferrari? I spoke with the owner of a 328 a few years back - who actually worked as a local Ferrari tech... and he was explaining the cost of services - they were outrageous, even at his employee cost!
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Have you ever seen the maintenence schedule & costs associated with a Ferrari? I spoke with the owner of a 328 a few years back - who actually worked as a local Ferrari tech... and he was explaining the cost of services - they were outrageous, even at his employee cost!

Hey , thats how Lamborghini started.....He was a Ferrari owner who had issues with the car and the $$ of maintaining it.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I think average cost of a ferrari of the vintage kit guys are still duplicating is under $17K for a real one with a real ferrari engine. A well done kit might cost someone $30K or more to duplicate the same car. Taking the original car and putting a more reliable drivetrain in isn't a bad idea... I'd save the OE motor of course.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Too much for a chopped up 308.

For 10k more you could get one in much better shape and with an engine with the 30K maintenence done.

The engine is only part of the work needed the suspension also needs work at the 30K mark or the ball joints will fail.

If you were going to replace the engine a N Star would have been a better choice or a SBC Chevy.

All this car is a Ferrari with a Fiero conversion.

This car is ruff and has had a hard life by the looks of it. If it has some ruff parts in the photos it must be worse in person. Photo on the net make all cars look good.

A new buy me red paint and some after market wheels will always sell a car to someone.

I just saw a 575 Ferrari to night at Best Buys of all places. It was looking sweeet and the V12 never sounded better. It was the same store I saw Lebron James Bently R not long ago.
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
I guess this just makes it even with us (is about time), and now the new owner should become a PFF member.
Hey maybe he will be upgrading his engine to a 3.4 TDC or a caddy, well you never know... If anyone told you that one day Ferraris will had fiero engines LOL..., I can't believe it either,

JG

------------------
88GT 4SP
19 INCH RIMS
NEW PAINT
DROP 1.5 INCH
BRAKE UPGRADE AND POLY
3.4 DOHC TURBO - 5 Speed Getrag stage III clutch!
And more!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I like this guys' way of thinking but, I wonder why the owner is selling it? That V6 isn't the best thing since slice bread, hehe. As was mentioned, a V8 or 3800SC would have been a better choice IMO

I wonder what the F-guys are saying? They can't call the car a POS, hehe.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2006 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well ..at least it doesn't have an iron duke

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock