Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Ga Fiero Club Poker Run & Cookout (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ga Fiero Club Poker Run & Cookout by Ronnie
Started on: 06-03-2006 02:30 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Tinton on 07-09-2006 12:47 PM
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Guys & Gals. We're planning the menu for the cookout after the Poker Run on July,8th. The poker run is ending up at our house where we're planning a cookout & pool party. Post here or on the Ga. Club website ( http://gafiero.org/ ) if you plan to attend. We need a head count to plan for the food. Swim suits optional , LOL
So , who's coming? Thanks , Ronnie & Carolyn Fulcher
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tinton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I'll come, and so will my Dad.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Bump
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I should be there.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Mel and I will be there

Also noticed that Robbie and Gail of East Tennessee Fiero Club will be there. Last I heard, there would be about 2-3 more couples from the ETFC that would be attending.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Just so everyone knows beforehand. We have 2-3 couples that will be staying the night with us already , however , anyone that wants to can pile up on the sofas, floors, or wherever if they wish to spend the night.
Or, bring a small tent or whatever and camp out.
Or , I can get info on Hotels if needed.Closest Hotel is about 8 miles from the house.
This should be a fun day and evening. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. Ronnie

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 06-04-2006).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Ronnie, have any space in the yard for a few East Tennessee Fiero's?

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah !!! Might make a cool photo shoot / carshow out front along the road doncha think.Hope you can make.
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
Put me down on the list please. Last year a good pal of mine moved the Athens and I have not been to see his new place yet, so reasons to get down that way are piling up. A cookout is just too much to resist.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Ronnie, I think you need to mow that pasture back there. I think Blue is talking about setting up a tent city.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I'm expecting the guys to cut the hay any time now , hopefully. but either way , I can have a place cut for any campers that might want to set up tents. Starting to sound fun !
PFF
System Bot
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Tell me more about this Poker Run!

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
One-owner '88 Coupe
197K and counting...

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Larry. Ya'll are welcome too you know. Charlie (Fierofool) describes it here on our website.
http://members3.boardhost.com/GeorgiaFiero/msg/1149481207.html
It will be July 8th , Saturday. Maybe Charlie or someone will chime in with more details about the "Poker Run" . Distance , time , etc. Our house is the ending point where we're planning a cookout / swim party . Should be quite a funfilled day.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 06-05-2006).]

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, but where & when does it start?

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 06-05-2006).]

Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
Just FYI-Ellen and I are coming and need a bed.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hey, Ronnie, I think you need to mow that pasture back there. I think Blue is talking about setting up a tent city.

LOL... Camping sounds like a good idea, but I believe my back would appreciate me more if Ronnie could spare a couch.
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SC Coupe:
Tell me more about this Poker Run!

I could stand to know more about poker! It's hard to believe I've made it to this age and never learned the game. Maybe I'll buy a book.

I'm keeping my eye on the camping aspect. Have tent and air mattress. Will travel. July in Georgia does make camping interesting since it could be 105* with 90% humidity.The friend I wanted to visit in Athens will be in Morocco that weekend, so no crashing on his couch for me. Perhaps I'll investigate a nice air conditioned internet-ready motel, too.

Let me know if there is anything I can bring along to help out with the cook-out.

ETFC
No longer registered
Report this Post06-06-2006 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ETFCClick Here to visit ETFC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ETFCDirect Link to This Post
I think the east tennessee fiero club will be bring 4 couples possible more. But I think we'll stay in a motel. Or I could bring my camper down the week before, it has A/C.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
GEORGIA FIERO CLUB
Charity Poker Run
Saturday July 8, 2006

The starting point will be at the parking lot of the Gwinnett County Airport, Briscoe Field. The airport is on Georgia Hwy 316, University Parkway in Lawrenceville, Ga. The airport is easily accessible via I-85 and Ga. Hwy 316. Georgia Hwy 20 also runs from I-75 in the Cartersville area, North of Atlanta, goes under I-85, and intersects Ga. Hwy 316 just 1 traffic light away from the airport.

For anyone coming from other than the Atlanta area, contact Fierofool at (cmmsewell at alltel.net) for directions tailored just for you.

Coming out of Atlanta, take I-85 north and exit right onto Hwy 316 toward Lawrenceville and Athens. Go through 3 traffic lights. The lights are at Collins Hill Rd., Ga. Hwy 20/Buford Drive, and Hurricane Shoals/New Hope Rd.

Traveling East on Hwy 316, go approx ¼ miles past the 3rd traffic light and turn right into Gwinnett County Airport, Briscoe Field. You will immediately dead end into Airport Road. Turn left to the parking lot.

Entry fees are $10 for the driver and $5 for each additional person. All persons attending must pay the fee.

Registration will start at 10:00 AM on July 8 and the cutoff time will be 11:30AM. You will be given a route sheet at the time of registration. No vehicles will be allowed to leave before 10 AM. Bring yourself a folding chair and bathing suit. The club is furnishing the food and soft drinks. Bring your own if you want anything stronger. You are welcome to bring additional food to help us cut expenses. Notify Ronnie & Carolyn you’ll attend so they can purchase the food. RDF21851 at aol.com

This was planned as a fund raiser for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta/Egleston Hospital. All donations will be greatly appreciated. All proceeds left after paying for the food and drink will be donated.
thomasmtoys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thomasmtoysClick Here to visit thomasmtoys's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomasmtoysDirect Link to This Post
But of course I'll be there, I'm running the starting line. Which reminds me, Charlie, we do have permission from them to set up there, right?
CentralFloridaFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CentralFloridaFierosClick Here to visit CentralFloridaFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to CentralFloridaFierosDirect Link to This Post
Ronnie, I like the Idea with the Poker chips. A Lot easier then what we have done the last two years. I see a change coming for our run next year Thanks!

------------------
Central Florida Fieros
Home of
The Fall Haul
And
Spring Fling Poker Run
www.centralfloridafieros.net

PFF
System Bot
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Like I said in an earlier post. The beds are already taken, but we have a couple of sofas , a loveseat (for short people) a couple of recliners , and plenty of floor space for a blowup mattress or sleeping bags.
Sounds like a little commune , LOL. And of course , the yard and 12 acres of pasture. Oh , and we even have a treehouse.
I'll post motel info later.
Jack , yours & Ellen's bed is reserved.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I have just been notified that the poker run will not be for the benefit of the charity. I hope that all who have been planning to attend will still do so. The run and the fun will still be the same. My sincerest apologies to all.

Charlie
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I have just been notified that the poker run will not be for the benefit of the charity. I hope that all who have been planning to attend will still do so. The run and the fun will still be the same. My sincerest apologies to all.

Charlie

Why?

------------------

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Bump , to see who's coming? The other stuff can be handled at the meeting Saturday.
I think everyone's coming for the "fun" anyway , charity or not.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top. Post if you're coming. Thanks
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I was checking out your club website, and that "Run for the Hills" That tail of the dragon thing on your website looks really cool. I wish we could get something like that going around here.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
If you've never made the RFTH's , you need to come on down to it. We have people come from all over to that , even Rhode Island and Michigan.
The "Tail of the Dragon" is one experience no one forgets. 318 curves in an 11 mile stretch of road. That is just a small portion of the RFTH's. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_dragon_road.html
Come on down !!!

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 06-10-2006).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
FieroVIn.... Do a search for RFTH 10. Or RFTH. Or RFTH 9. You will find a lot of good photos. It is a fun and event full weekend.
You need to try to come down this year. We are going to be running the dragon witch is one of the best roads in the south east.

Scott
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
back to the top
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Motel accomodations for anyone wanting one. These Motels are about 15-20 mins from the house.
http://www.bankscountyga.org/lodging.htm
Edit : helps to put the link , duh moment

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 06-10-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Weekly Bump
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Are we there yet?

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Only 9 more days . Post here if you're still coming. Thanks
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Still coming .
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a fun time. Do you have a poker "pot" of winnings?

~Tress

------------------

I may not know alot about cars...but I make a Fiero look good!

"The Hottie" --drowned by Hurricane Katrina but not forgotten: "Memories are forever"; The Hottie Diaries: (A Tribute to my little car)
Preface: Babes Do It Better Volume I: Checkup Ups and Downs: It Runs, Sort of Volume II: Engine Adventures Volume III: Declaration of Independence ...to be continued (she will live again)

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 07-05-2006).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Electrical problems are going to keep me from coming, or else I would be all for it.

Have Fun!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
Wish we could be there but our fieros don't float well
we have to stay in Australia
not enough money for the air fare

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 07-05-2006).]

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Wish we could be there.... but we can't. We're right in the middle of marketing our house for sale...

Have fun!

Larry

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
One-owner '88 Coupe
198K and counting...

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
My engine died..... it didnt die but it doesn't sound good so i can't make it
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock