Started on: 05-13-2006 02:22 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: m0sh_man on 05-18-2006 02:06 PM
Vonov

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
One of the nicest Fieros I ever saw was at Ed's swap meet last year; it was a two-tone black and gold paint scheme. There was also another one here on Pennock's done in red and white, which I thought was a knockout (can't find the pic for some reason). I see most of the cars here done in monochromatic paint schemes, maybe different rockers 'n' ground effects, or really pretty but wild, like L'il Devil's car, which is gorgeous, but not really my style. I wanted something that would look clean and understated, and give the car the visual effect of looking lower, without actually changing anything on the suspension. I'm also not a fan of black, (too hot in summer, and hard to keep really clean looking) so duplicating the one I saw at Ed's was out.
It isn't finish sanded and buffed yet, but here is the result so far (with my winter wheels still on the car):

Worth every second of the time I spent in prep...wound up having to shoot it in my carport (only so much time available off from baby and work); wish I'd been able to find another paint booth available, (had one lined up, but fell thru at the last minute) but that's why I put extra clear on it, to allow for sanding out trash. It still came out fairly nice. While I had the mirrors off, (installed new dew wipes) I decided to fabricate a set of LED turn signals in the mirrors. I'll post pics once I get them hooked up.
I think I achieved what I was trying for.
I'd like to see other two-tones out there. Pics?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Here's the one I was trying to find...Helmet1978's car

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-13-2006).]

Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
Sexy, I wouldn't mind seeing a GT
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I LOVE two-toners!

Nice work!
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliment, Rumor. I'm putting my summer wheels on tonight, I'll post later w/pics that show it from a better angle. One of the nice things about the Formula nose (and the bumperpad notchies, IIRC) is that it carries the beltline all the way around the car, making a natural dividing line for this type of color scheme.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-13-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I will post one tomorrow

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Here's a shot with the summer wheels installed...depending on the light and the viewing angle, sometimes it looks all the same color, and sometimes the contrast is remarkably vivid. (Can you tell I like it, lol?)
Edit: Oops, forgot the picture, lol!

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-14-2006).]

Telegram Sam

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Telegram SamSend a Private Message to Telegram SamDirect Link to This Post
Super nice looking. It's a real challenge to get the two tone look right on the aero noses.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
The pic of the one I Seen in the forum
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Here you go as promised its still in progress

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Sam...you wouldn't be a T-Rex fan, would you?

Yellowfiero88, I LIKE that shade of blue; I very nearly decided on a blue and gray scheme, until my eye happened to fall on an ad for a bridal shop and I noticed how nicely white and silver worked together, and how clean it looked.

I'll start another thread in Tech when I get my mirror signals operational. Thanks for the feedback.
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine, kind of the reverse of your.

Jack
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J Gunsett:

Here is mine, kind of the reverse of your.

Jack

Man, does that look hot! Does the silver on the wheels match the body, or are they polished? The pinstripe is an especially nice touch. Nice job, Jack!

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-14-2006).]

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Was watching this thread and wondering when Jack was gonna post a pic of his. Your 2 cars look cool , like the reverse of each other. I like the two-tone look.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Ed mentioned Jack's car when I told him my plan for mine; had I seen his first, I wouldn't have had so much difficulty choosing the colors to go with, lol.
MsLoriFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post
Tony, you should have met Jack and seen his car, you were both at the swap meet.

Lori
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Well, I did get in late Friday afternoon, and was only able to stay for like an hour and a half. > Stupid work thing interfering with my life...
MsLoriFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsLoriFieroSend a Private Message to MsLoriFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Well, I did get in late Friday afternoon, and was only able to stay for like an hour and a half. > Stupid work thing interfering with my life...

That's true, I didn't get to pick on you much this year.

Lori
befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Here is my dads 84 SE 2 tone, done alittle different:

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 HO :: 84 Chevette CS 4 Door 1.6L HO
I got 2 HO's!!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Nice cars! I like the two-tone look, too.
There used to be a two-tone Formula running around here. It was silver and gunmetal (dark gray?) if I remember correctly. Looked really good. I believe the darker color was on the lower half.
Strangely enough, I believe it actually showed up at one of Ed's swap meets one year. I never got to talk with the owner, but I remember it even had Douglas county (my neighborhood) plates on it. That was 2-3 years ago, and I haven't seen it since.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-15-2006).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
here is my 84SC t-top 3800 series II v6 4 speed car.

i picked it up with this paint job already on it, and it no longer has these rims, but a set of 7 spoke Prime rims in chrome.

PFF
System Bot
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
more more more

I want to two tone my car
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
MoshMan, your car is the one I saw at Ed's! I even found a pic I took of it, although this pic doesn't do the car justice, it was rainy that weekend, and all the cars got road dirt on 'em. I don't think it had the scoops back then.

Lol, the other nice thing about two-tone paint jobs---if you can't decide what color ya wanna paint it, you can go with two. For instance, a Lambo orange done with Ford's Performance White Metallic would be beautiful, if done right. Of course, Georgia and Alabama owners would be wise to invest in Kevlar, as they might get mistaken for Vol fans...

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-15-2006).]

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Vonov, the wheels are polished (stock 85) but where the darker color was in the rims, that part was painted same as the silver on the lower panels. Sorry I missed you at Ed's, I have made that meet the last 3 years.

Jack
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Ditto here, Jack. Ed's Swap Meet is becoming a tradition in my house. I'd've come down Saturday, but I had to work that day (Thanksabunch, Chief).
Edit: Sure am glad I wasn't the one who had to mask your wheels. It must've been pretty tedious, but wow, what a nice effect.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-16-2006).]

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
Has anyone ever done a two tone fiero from the windows up? yknow like the 89/90 concept? I wonder how that might look.

------------------

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I considered something like that at one point...it might look better on a GT, but I don't think it works for a notchback...

The lines don't flow quite right.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 05-18-2006).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

MoshMan, your car is the one I saw at Ed's! I even found a pic I took of it, although this pic doesn't do the car justice, it was rainy that weekend, and all the cars got road dirt on 'em. I don't think it had the scoops back then.

Lol, the other nice thing about two-tone paint jobs---if you can't decide what color ya wanna paint it, you can go with two. For instance, a Lambo orange done with Ford's Performance White Metallic would be beautiful, if done right. Of course, Georgia and Alabama owners would be wise to invest in Kevlar, as they might get mistaken for Vol fans...

thats pretty awsome, i traded doug kinney at www.fierowarehouse.com a 1991 grand prix GTP 3.4L DOHC 5 speed for the 84 t-top car, it currently doesnt have the scoops either, dougs got them right now, and ill get them after he makes molds of them.

it has 39,754 original miles on it, and i just removed the original engine to install a 3800 series II, the motors in and cranks over, but i havent finished the wiring and what not yet.

matthew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock