Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Look what I made!! (especially Indy owners!)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Look what I made!! (especially Indy owners!) by shop_rat45
Started on: 05-08-2006 01:27 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: KEV on 12-07-2006 01:04 PM
shop_rat45

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
I know a lot of Indy owners out there are looking for replica decals to get thier Indy's looking like new. Since I always have been a Fiero love, and also do vinyl and sign work, I figure why not make the Indy decals. As some of you know, I already do the Door decals for the cheapest price around, but I had gotten so many requests for the red matrix stripe at the bottom. Well, I finally got them done and am about ready to sell them. They are THERMAL PRINTED (not just a cheap cutout) on clear 3M vinyl just like the original. Here is what they look like up close:

and this is what the full set looks like:

So, what do you think??

Kris

EDIT: Ok. From the people that have looked at these, the reviews have been very good. For the entire kit, they will be $40 shipped to your door. These are printed on the more expensive 3M vinyl that will conform to the curves of the car much better. At that price, I will be making about $10 a set. That seems pretty fair for my time. I'm not 100% ready to start making these in mass numbers, but should be in a week or two. At the above price, how many people will be interested?

Here is a side by side comparison:

As you can see, the matrix pattern in mine is sharper than the original. The colors are almost exact.

[This message has been edited by shop_rat45 (edited 05-19-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
You are a pure Genious, I could of used these back when I had my Indy project! Good Work!

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
ha ..my spouses brother does graphics for some of the indy cars ..can't remember the companies name though ..I got some custom Alfa grafics from him, good for 200 mph or more
fiero norm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero normSend a Private Message to fiero normDirect Link to This Post
They look good, however they look darker red in the photos. Do the match the original color or are the actually darker?
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. What a great idea recreating those. Good job.

Gave you a "+"

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 05-08-2006).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work, man!
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
Send me a set...
I'll tell you how they work out

------------------

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero norm:

They look good, however they look darker red in the photos. Do the match the original color or are the actually darker?

They match....trust me....

Kevin

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
how much? VERY interested.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
pre-cut? cool!!! phoenix graphis came in a roll.

------------------

LilRdFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilRdFieroSend a Private Message to LilRdFieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! A friend of mine has been bugging me to produce those stripes (also in the sign biz) but I just never seem to get time to work on them for him. I will pass on your info to him.

------------------
Greg
'86 SE
Inland Northwest Fiero Club
Spokane, WA

LilRdFiero

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
AWESOMENESS!! You get a "+" and if I ever get my Indy painted, (and running) you will get an order.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Could you put up a picture of your decals next to a pic of the original? If you don't have one, let me know, I'll do it. I'd like to compare the pattern. If they match, I'll take a few sets.
N8YKC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N8YKCSend a Private Message to N8YKCDirect Link to This Post
How many did you make? How much? PM if you don't want to post. I am not far away, I sure would like to have a look.
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Ok. From the people that have looked at these, the reviews have been very good. For the entire kit, they will be $40 shipped to your door. These are printed on the more expensive 3M vinyl that will conform to the curves of the car much better. At that price, I will be making about $10 a set. That seems pretty fair for my time. I'm not 100% ready to start making these in mass numbers, but should be in a week or two. At the above price, how many people will be interested?

Kris
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

shop_rat45

3271 posts
Member since Mar 2004

Originally posted by fierobear:

Could you put up a picture of your decals next to a pic of the original? If you don't have one, let me know, I'll do it. I'd like to compare the pattern. If they match, I'll take a few sets.

Lambo Nut sent me a pic of the two side by side. The problem is, it is on my other computer. I will try to post it when I get home unless Kevin sees this and posts it before then.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Heck ya I want a set. Let us know when we can order. Nice job.
TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set.
just need address
tg
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
I need a set!!
Fierostarvin

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierostarvinSend a Private Message to FierostarvinDirect Link to This Post
I'd like a set but I don't need them right now. Is there a shelf life if I store them carefully??
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I posted a side by side in the original post. Check them out and let me know what you think.
PFF
System Bot
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierostarvin:

I'd like a set but I don't need them right now. Is there a shelf life if I store them carefully??

As long as they are stored indoors, the shelf life should be over 5 years at least. If they are outside in the changing temps, I'm not really sure, but I don't think it would be affected that much.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
You sir have a PM...

------------------

2004 Pontiac Cosmos Purple GTO 1 of 334
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Fiero Formula
2004 Chevy Blazer

Buffaloman57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Buffaloman57Send a Private Message to Buffaloman57Direct Link to This Post
I'll take a set.
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
curiosity got the better of me...

could you print different colors for non indy fieros?
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making these for the Indy..? I really need to pick up a set..I sent you a PM

thanks!

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 12-06-2006).]

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Are you still making these for the Indy..? I really need to pick up a set..I sent you a PM

thanks!

PM replied!

Yes, I'm still making them. The price for just the stipes is still $40 shipped. If anyone is interested, PM or email me. My email is krisjune (at) sbcglobal.net I also have other INdy decals available.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

thanks!

Kev...do you have an Indy?

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

curiosity got the better of me...

could you print different colors for non indy fieros?

Yes,I can print different colors to a certain extent. What color are you looking for?
Buffaloman57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buffaloman57Send a Private Message to Buffaloman57Direct Link to This Post
What's the price for a complete decale kit?
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Shop-rat i got your PM

FieroBear you have a PM

------------------

2004 Pontiac Cosmos Purple GTO 1 of 334
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Fiero Formula
1984 Indy Pace Car
2006 Grand Prix-daily driver..

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)