Started on: 02-14-2006 11:15 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: exoticse on 02-14-2006 11:57 PM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Just a "head's up"

The "stock shocks" that come with the kit may fail on ya. Mine failed a few weeks ago.

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1341/12pm.jpg
1.If any paint or other material gets on the shaft, it can ruin the seal.(pssssh)
2. The shock can snap here!

I originally though mine had a blown/ruined seal, but it turns out it had snapped. I ordered the "better" shock.

I had worried a bit when getting the kit, due to the heavy Fiero doors...if you are going to get them, get the "3500n" shock with them...

-FieroRumor

------------------

For the latest Fiero apparel and accessories, please visit F-I-E-R-O's online store Fiero Lives Online

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rumor. Good lookin' out.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Just a "head's up"

The "stock shocks" that come with the kit may fail on ya. Mine failed a few weeks ago.
1.If any paint or other material gets on the shaft, it can ruin the seal.(pssssh)
2. The shock can snap here!

I originally though mine had a blown/ruined seal, but it turns out it had snapped. I ordered the "better" shock.

I had worried a bit when getting the kit, due to the heavy Fiero doors...if you are going to get them, get the "3500n" shock with them...

-FieroRumor

Thanks. I'm glad I ordered the better ones for my choppers. Although my "old" styled ones haven't "snapped" they will be replaced. Like you, I got the better ones too for the "weight" issue and being able to raise the doors easier----girly man, hehe.

------------------
Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & # 20

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

The better ones madcurl was referring to.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock