Anyone seen Rockcrawl?? by Jesse_James
Started on: 02-10-2006 02:07 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Brian Lamberts on 04-17-2006 11:10 PM
Jesse_James

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jesse_JamesSend a Private Message to Jesse_JamesDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, just curious if Rockcrawl is still in the scene. I am almost done with my 4.9 swap and I still need my chip re-programed. Is there anyone else out there that can do the job for the same price? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rockcrawl, if you see this can you please pm me with the info you need to do this and where I can send my chip?

Thanks everyone!

Jesse

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully you're luckier than me. I tried forever to contact him and finally quit after months and did it myself. I don't think he's really in business just helps when he can or whatever.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Darth Fiero burns chips, for OBDI systems, for like the 3800SC and the 3.4DOHC, but I don't know if he can do the Caddy. I would think so, seeing as they're all GM Memcals. Shoot him a PM and see if he can.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ooops, that was suppose to be PM.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 02-10-2006).]

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I know what is keeping him busy..... Thank goodness it's not his cars this time

Pete

------------------

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Darth Fiero burns chips, for OBDI systems, for like the 3800SC and the 3.4DOHC, but I don't know if he can do the Caddy. I would think so, seeing as they're all GM Memcals. Shoot him a PM and see if he can.

I had talked to Darth a year or 2 ago aboutthis and he said he doesen't do the 4.9 chips. Although you never know he may now.

RockCrawl if your reading this JStricker is needing to get a hold of a also.

Dan

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Darth can not do the Cadillac chips.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Who else does the cadero chips? Joe
aqua-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aqua-manSend a Private Message to aqua-manDirect Link to This Post
What would be the investment cost to be able to burn the 4.9 chips and where could you get the equipment to do it?

Earl

------------------
1986 FieroGT now a 4.9

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
You need a chip burner, blank chips and most importantly the software to make it all work.

I have a burner, but I can't find the software that I want for the 4.9

I want a proper G.U.I before I try to edit caddy chips and I was told there was no program that has a GUI for the 4.9.

(gui = graphical user interface) No gui means editing your entire program in a text file, which for me about 2 flights above my capability)

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Cant wait for Dyno Time and Track Results. Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Delta Cam and Allante Intake Soon.

aqua-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aqua-manSend a Private Message to aqua-manDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what program Rockcrawl uses but it didn't look like he was entering text to burn my chip. It was a graphics type program where he just entered values for speed sensor pulses and etc. Maybe he would share the information as to what program he uses and where to get it. I would be interested in purchasing the material needed for me to do my set up to dial in the engine closer. I still have a problem with running rich.

Earl

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I would also like to be able to dial in my motor. So if you either of us find anything I would be more than willing to share.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000
This is what a friend sent me on another forum to get me started.

Originally posted by 89Formula350 [/i]
[b]Ah makes sense!

Looks like you want these two:

http://www.moates.net/files/3)%20Binary%20Editor%20Definitions/1)%20TunerPro%20XDF%20Files/1)%20General%20Motors/24.xdf

http://www.moates.net/files/3)%20Binary%20Editor%20Definitions/1)%20TunerPro%20XDF%20Files/1)%20General%20Motors/24A.xdf

according to this page:

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/ecm_sup.html

Looks like you have there is a lot of stuff to tweak: injector sizes, rev limiters, EGR, etc.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a datastream definition for those ECMs so I don't know if you'll be able to use the scantool software.

I'd love to help out with the tuning, so far it's just been my car but I'd like to try some other vehicles. Send me a PM if you want to have a tuning Pow-wow.

Alex

Edit: You're in luck, I found a program that can do the scanning.

http://winaldl.joby.se/aldldata.htm

Supports the 1227170 ECM. I've used this program before with my laptop and cable and it works fine.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 02-12-2006).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000
This is the main site though.

http://www.moates.net/

They all create bin files for there engines and tweaks and swap the files back and fourth. It is like a PFF for engine tuner people. They have all sorts of stuff, but most of it, is still new to me.

aqua-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aqua-manSend a Private Message to aqua-manDirect Link to This Post
Before I start looking for burning programs, equipment etc I have to get the info off of my ecm as to which it is with the type of chip. I know the chip Rockcrawl used uses uv to erase the info and he had a .bin file on my setup.

Earl

[This message has been edited by aqua-man (edited 02-13-2006).]

hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
has anybody heard from him lately???
dont know if he is really busy or my emails end up in a spam folder somewhere!!
going to have to do something sooooon.
l8r clynt
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
Last I heard he was involved in a huge project for someone. He has to have the car running by Carlisle for its first showing.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
I've also got a 4.9 project in the wings. I'm not that interested in engine tuning but I was sort of counting on being able to go to Rockcrawl to modify the chip to eliminate the anti-theft function.

Based on previous post by PBJ sounds like he's tied up trying to figure out how to run a Northstar with boost.

hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
glad to hear he has a interesting project!!
does that mean he just ignores everyone else?
id like to get mine running right also.
l8r clynt
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

You need a chip burner, blank chips and most importantly the software to make it all work.

I have a burner, but I can't find the software that I want for the 4.9

I want a proper G.U.I before I try to edit caddy chips and I was told there was no program that has a GUI for the 4.9.

(gui = graphical user interface) No gui means editing your entire program in a text file, which for me about 2 flights above my capability)

I could make a gui, but I'd have to charge ya for it. You'd have to supply me with the format so I could extract the data and put it into grids and graphs for you.

TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I've received a couple of emails on this, so I will explain as much as a I can.

Jon (Rockcrawl) might have a different editor now for the 4.9L but I know he was using my GMEPro 4.9L editor. I did that hack some time ago and created a limited definition file. There is not enough in the editor to make it qualify as "thorough" so only three people have it and Jon seems to be the biggest user. The other two seem to use it only for personal use. Well, one.....

One person took the definition file (EPE) and converted it to a Winbin file without permission (and it wasn't Jon or the second person with the editor).They left my sarcastic comments in there to boot! Fool. GMEPro is not and will never be freeware. I've given it away but that is my choice. This person then passed it on to others (including the early mistakes).

For those that have hacked ECM code, the 4.9L is a nightmare and it took a long time to work through it. It was worse than the Northstar code which had some nice little anti-hacking tricks. The ALDL streams are built up on the fly and the cals are relocated multiple times. It just sucked.

I believe one of the other companies (Tuner Cat?) have released an editor for the 2240 4.9L ECM (I don't know for sure). You also might want to see if the Winbin defnition file is floating around. If one person has it, at least 50 more do too. heck, it's possible the EPE file is out there too.

I've moved on to the flash PCMs and it unlikely I will finish the 4.9L editor to a level that makes it good enough for everyone.

Terry

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Terry, can *you* burn 4.9 chips? I might be doing one, and it would be a CA car, of course.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Terry,

So, if I PURCHASE GMEPro from you, can you provide the 4.9L definition file (even if it is at extra cost)? Theft of intellectual property is a big problem and I don't want to promote that, but I haven't been able to find any other legal method up to now. (and I haven't gone the illegal route, I don't even have a burner).

John Stricker

Originally posted by TK:

I've received a couple of emails on this, so I will explain as much as a I can.

Jon (Rockcrawl) might have a different editor now for the 4.9L but I know he was using my GMEPro 4.9L editor. I did that hack some time ago and created a limited definition file. There is not enough in the editor to make it qualify as "thorough" so only three people have it and Jon seems to be the biggest user. The other two seem to use it only for personal use. Well, one.....

One person took the definition file (EPE) and converted it to a Winbin file without permission (and it wasn't Jon or the second person with the editor).They left my sarcastic comments in there to boot! Fool. GMEPro is not and will never be freeware. I've given it away but that is my choice. This person then passed it on to others (including the early mistakes).

For those that have hacked ECM code, the 4.9L is a nightmare and it took a long time to work through it. It was worse than the Northstar code which had some nice little anti-hacking tricks. The ALDL streams are built up on the fly and the cals are relocated multiple times. It just sucked.

I believe one of the other companies (Tuner Cat?) have released an editor for the 2240 4.9L ECM (I don't know for sure). You also might want to see if the Winbin defnition file is floating around. If one person has it, at least 50 more do too. heck, it's possible the EPE file is out there too.

I've moved on to the flash PCMs and it unlikely I will finish the 4.9L editor to a level that makes it good enough for everyone.

Terry

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump so that Terry can see this and answer when he has time.

John Stricker

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd bump this to the top see if there are any other options besides Rockcrawl's chip to eliminate the vehicle security feature from the ECM so that it is not necessary to trick it with a false synthesized signal to get the car to start.

What are all you other 4.9er's doing?

Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
I tried emailing him today, I'll post to the forum if I get a response.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock