Ferrari type Kit help? by SEGT-86
Started on: 01-18-2006 10:38 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: SEGT-86 on 04-08-2006 10:08 PM
SEGT-86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
I picked up this F40 project. Who made the body? I do not have the energy to finish it, but would like to keep the 86 Fiero 4cyl chassis and move the body and wheels. The tires are new and the wheels (15") are from England. I was told they cost $2500.
What is the best way to sell this thing? Any ideas what it is worth. It has real Ferrari chome logos and decals. Racing seats and more. Somebody put a lot of bucks into it. E-Bay or what??

Any information about who made it or what it is worth would be great.

Thanks for your help.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Let's see some pics of the other side & the rear. What does it have for a rear window.

I suspect I know who made it just want to confirm with other views.

Archie

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
The wheels are Compomotives.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

The wheels are Compomotives.

Yes model TS.

A

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Archie will be able to tell you what it is. I'm sure he did a lot os studying before he started buidling his F40s. Also, I'd probably suggest that you sell the thing as is and then go buy another Fiero unless there is something special about that 86 that you really want to keep. In my opinion, it is a lot easier to sell a kit car than it is a kti car body.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post
I would have to agree - i don't think removing the body and trying to sell it is worth it. Selling it as is or trying to finsh it would probably be more lukrative.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
Where are you in wisconsin, I would be willing to help you finish it if you would like.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Looks damaged at the drivers side rear?

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. I am in Lake Mills. Will post more pictures Friday night. It is not damaged, but has some parts taped in place. Currently the back pivots on the rear of the chassis, but it has hinges to pivot at the roof. It came with a home video and some hand drawn instructions. The back window is not cool, looks like black plexiglass with slots cut in & it is broken into about three pieces.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post
I have a extra back clear window but slots are not cut, let me know if your interested i can send pics
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I have a extra back clear window but slots are not cut, let me know if your interested i can send pics

I would be interested in the rear window if you could send pics and price,
thanks ,
James

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
86 GT Archie F40 Style Body kit
SBC / 5sp

PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

I would be interested in the rear window if you could send pics and price,
thanks ,
James

You can also get a new one from norms fiberglass
1120 division
bay 10
mishawaka, IN 46545
U.S.A.
574 255 7843
normvandermee@sbcglobal.net

your car may be one of his also.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 01-20-2006).]

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to be slow.... It is Sunday already. Here are a few more snapshots.

Thanks for all the replies.

How about some photos of other F40 kits? In any stage of construction.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
You might also do a little checking on Ari's kit car forum:

http://www.kitcar.ca/

You're more likely to find a buyer (for the car or the pieces) over there, but they're not as active as this forum is.

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

You can also get a new one from norms fiberglass
1120 division
bay 10
mishawaka, IN 46545
U.S.A.
574 255 7843
normvandermee@sbcglobal.net

your car may be one of his also.

Mine came from Archie, I want one of the formed windows like Norm and archie offer. Man they are exspensive..

------------------

87 GT
SBC / 5sp

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
That kit was made by Dave Gossett, Heritage Motorcars, Posin, IL.

He had so many lawsuits filed against him that he moved to Kankakee, IL several years ago & got into screwing people in the Street Rod industry. aka Willis Coupe etc. The people who run the business now claim he's no longer associated with it but I'm not sure.

See the back window Black plastic thing, See how the drivers side 1/4 panel hood support only come up about 1-1/2" short of the front clip? He was a real class act.

Archie

OLDSDOCTOR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OLDSDOCTORSend a Private Message to OLDSDOCTORDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SEGT-86:

Sorry to be slow.... It is Sunday already. Here are a few more snapshots.

Thanks for all the replies.

How about some photos of other F40 kits? In any stage of construction.

Mine is slowly coming together!

bluefiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bluefieroSend a Private Message to bluefieroDirect Link to This Post
Wondering, Was teh chasis lengthen for this body conversion?
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
No the chassis was not changed in any way.

The front clip does not fit down on the front 1/4 panel because the front clip rests (hits) on the original front storage seal. A little sheet metal triming and it should fit fine.

Thanks for the photos. Keep them coming.

Also listed in the Mall https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030178.html

Thanks, Archie for the "Who made it?" info.

[This message has been edited by SEGT-86 (edited 01-23-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SEGT-86:
The front clip does not fit down on the front 1/4 panel because the front clip rests (hits) on the original front storage seal. A little sheet metal triming and it should fit fine.

That means that the front clip hinges were mounted to low, bring them up a little bit & save the modifications to the front seal.

Archie

------------------

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Thank you Archie! Your solution is obvious after you said it.

More photos anyone??

PFF
System Bot
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
what are you using for the hinges for the frontend?

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
OLDSDOCTOR,
any more pics of your car? Id really like to see various pics. I love to see pics of f40 kits that look good gives me motivation to get to work on mine. maybe one day mine will look decent again..

------------------

87 GT
SBC / 5sp

OLDSDOCTOR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2006 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OLDSDOCTORSend a Private Message to OLDSDOCTORDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

OLDSDOCTOR,
any more pics of your car? Id really like to see various pics. I love to see pics of f40 kits that look good gives me motivation to get to work on mine. maybe one day mine will look decent again..

Here is another shot the OEM taillights are not installed in the picture yet!

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

what are you using for the hinges for the frontend?

Thanks to all for the help.

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Bump
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Neat, these cars are awesome! I would love to see one on 20s! lol

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
A lot of you have been asking so here is a little more information.

The frame does not require any mods. It will run and drive when I fix the clutch hydraulics. The body is mounted. But, the rear clip pivots at the back. The real F40 pivots at the rear of the roof, hinges and instructions are included to make this change. The headlights need to be cut into the front clip. No tail lights are mounted. The seats are not mounted. The interior is mostly striped. A fiero roof skin needs to be installed, it has 2-3 of these with sunroof glass. No headliner. The wheels and new tires are very nice (15" never balanced) It seems to me that not much has been done to the body, as far as sanding or prep for paint.

Thanks

3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meDirect Link to This Post
Just curious. Did you say those wheels are 15" ?? My original set is 15" but without the rivets. I'd like to upgrade to the 16" Compomotive TS Rims at some point.

[This message has been edited by 3084me (edited 01-29-2006).]

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Yes they are 15" Not sure of the width but the rears are very wide. Will get sizes & photo of wheels/tires on the GT.
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
More on wheels & tires... B F Goodrich Radial T/A Fronts are P235/60R15 rear P295/50R15
Just to give you an idea of how wide these are & an idea of the offset... Here is how they look on a stock GT. They work great as long as you don't tirn or hit any bumps.

PFF
System Bot
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
the hinges look easy like that.
there is one here locally and he used the hinges that were used for the hood and just fibreglassed them to the front .
On the last pics with the very wide wheels. here in Australia , if we had those we would be defected and told in the next 7 days take the car for a safty inspection.
We are NOT allowed to use thos wheels. here the track ,thats the centre is the right wheel and the centre of the left wheel ,you can not increase that by anymore than one inch.
"Can't wait for this years RFTH

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
These goodie go with the body. Nearly $400 from Kit Car Accessories all seem to be real Ferrari...

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
Do you still plan on selling the body, or do have plans on finishing, to be honest, i would finish it, You dont have to do it all at once, its a project not an assignment, so there is no real deadline. a little bit at a time will all add up. After all the work is done I think you would feel better about it, and the value would be great, not only to you; but the car would be worth way more than it is now.
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Pushed it out to take some photos. The chassis is nice and the Iron Duke runs very well @ 49k miles.

Perhaps I should keep it.

These hinges mount on roof & make the rear clip open like a real F40

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Looks promising . if you are unsure of your final intentions, BE CAREFUL on how much money you're spending. It's easy to get in way over your head before you realize it in putting money into a project you will never get back, especially if you're gonna leave the 4 cylinder engine in. From what I've seen, the 4 cylinder will really limit the value of the car. { don't ask how I know about putting too much money into kitcars ) ....
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Paul thanks for the words of wisdom.

How much is one of these worth, with a 2.8 and reasonably well finished?

How does the rear clip on a Ferrari open, Not like this I think? The rear lights go up with the clip?

Thanks for all the information and advise

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
By the looks of it, most of the really hard work is done to the body, now it looks like it needs the panels to be aligned well, the interior to be assembled, and paint, then good placement of the badges, stuff that takes much patience, not a lot of hard work(except the paint part). Right now i wouldnt expect much money for the car, around 2500, but if the body was finished i think you could see around 7000 and up, with a engine swap you could get 10,000 maybe. those are prices you would see on ebay.
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
I found this on the web....

Keep the comments coming... Thanks!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 308Send a Private Message to 308Direct Link to This Post
Hello All, I am working on an F-40 kit myself, I am looking for a Set of compomotive Rims for the F40. If the ones from this Kit listed above is for sale or someone has a set for sale Please let me know, I am pretty new to Pennock's. If I can figure how to insert photos, I will put a couple photos up, Larry
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock