GT Tail Lights by thecage
Started on: 12-14-2005 10:31 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Saber49 on 01-08-2006 02:40 PM
thecage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if anyone got the GT Tail Light Lens in yet. I got a ups tag in my mailbox for an order from the fiero store and i'm pretty sure they are going to be the lenses. I won't know what they will look like until Friday when I get a chance to go pick them up at the ups depot as there is a cod charge for brokerage. I'm in Canada so i'm sure someone in the USA must have got there's by now. Anyone with good pictures if possible.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
this is the best news for Fiero GT owners in recent times! All we need now is for Fierostore or somebody else to get the tooling for GT sail windows. some have come sort of close to original, but none seem to be able to match the over all curv.

I will be placing an order for tail lights after X-mas....if they still have any that is....

on a side note. I am happy that you wont be paying stupid prices for NOS lenses on ebay anymore. I really felt for those guys that were paying $375-$425 FOR ONE LENSE these past few months...good news indeed.

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Thumbs up for the Fiero Store for supplying replacements lenses for fastbacks, now does anyone still make the long srews that keep them in place?
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:
this is the best news for Fiero GT owners in recent times! All we need now is for Fierostore or somebody else to get the tooling for GT sail windows. some have come sort of close to original, but none seem to be able to match the over all curv.

Hmmmm...I have checked into getting some made up, I can have them made (from a mold) for approx $250 each side. The place I talk to can make the mold so that it matches the window exactly (curves, edges, tint and graphics) - I just don't feel that people would be willing to spend the $500 for a set when they can get one of the other sets for $150 (I think is the going rate). So I didn't pursure it any further (plus I would have to sell a mess of them just to break even on the cost of having the molds made up).

BTW: for us Canadian's, the Fiero Store does have brokerage free shipping with UPS - it costs a bit more (you have to ask for it), but you will save on the outrageous UPS fees...you still have to pay the 'gouge and screw tax' (gst) however.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 12-15-2005).]

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Hmmmm...I have checked into getting some made up, I can have them made (from a mold) for approx $250 each side. The place I talk to can make the mold so that it matches the window exactly (curves, edges, tint and graphics) - I just don't feel that people would be willing to spend the $500 for a set when they can get one of the other sets for $150 (I think is the going rate). So I didn't pursure it any further (plus I would have to sell a mess of them just to break even on the cost of having the molds made up).

BTW: for us Canadian's, the Fiero Store does have brokerage free shipping with UPS - it costs a bit more (you have to ask for it), but you will save on the outrageous UPS fees...you still have to pay the 'gouge and screw tax' (gst) however.

Hmm, well. If you are not interested in persueing it, I would be interested in whatever info or contact info you have on reproducing them. Aside from the initial tooling cost. it should be a bit cheaper to actually produce the windows once the tooling is finished. there will just have to be some higher volume produced to cut the costs down I would guess (same problem with the t-top seals being reproduced). I would be willing to take a financial risk to get these available again to the fiero community.

My guess is that Fierostore saw some of the outrageously high prices people were paying for single NOS lenses on ebay and figured they could move them well for a lot less. Trick is to convince someone that the same could be said for the gt sail windows as well. Personally I wanted to produce sail windows for gt's that were made of safety glass, but the price was looking like 500+ per side, so i abandoned that path figuring the cost would scare all but a few big spenders. LExan replacements however for less are more realistic i think

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
nice thats great gabe... i can't wait to see them on your car... make sure to take a lot of close up pics before you install them too... for a college student its a big purchase decision... i know the quality is there but i want to make sure... i hate my blacked out GT lights... there in perfect condition EXCEPT the stupid blackout spray that was put on them... ah well... we shall see...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Saber49 (edited 12-15-2005).]

JaxDomino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JaxDominoSend a Private Message to JaxDominoDirect Link to This Post
I just got mine 5 minutes ago and the kids are playing with the bubble wrap!!!! OH YEAH!!!!
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JaxDomino:

I just got mine 5 minutes ago and the kids are playing with the bubble wrap!!!! OH YEAH!!!!

What? You know pictures are mandatory!

I hope mine aren't far behind yours.

------------------

aviator46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aviator46Send a Private Message to aviator46Direct Link to This Post
I've got two inner and one outer '86- '88 lens's here if anyone's interested. Can't use them on my 85
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:
Hmm, well. If you are not interested in persueing it, I would be interested in whatever info or contact info you have on reproducing them. Aside from the initial tooling cost. it should be a bit cheaper to actually produce the windows once the tooling is finished. there will just have to be some higher volume produced to cut the costs down I would guess (same problem with the t-top seals being reproduced). I would be willing to take a financial risk to get these available again to the fiero community.

My guess is that Fierostore saw some of the outrageously high prices people were paying for single NOS lenses on ebay and figured they could move them well for a lot less. Trick is to convince someone that the same could be said for the gt sail windows as well. Personally I wanted to produce sail windows for gt's that were made of safety glass, but the price was looking like 500+ per side, so i abandoned that path figuring the cost would scare all but a few big spenders. LExan replacements however for less are more realistic i think

PM sent...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 12-21-2005).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JaxDomino:

Or there will be a HEX put on each and everyone of your ignition modules.

Oh wait, there already is... Pics anyhow!

PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'm surprised nobody posted pics yet!! Here are mine.

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
301rwhp/345rwtq

Next Mod: 88 suspension

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Wow, simply wow...

You guys hear that - hear that?

That was the sound of the E-bay GT Lens prices comming back into Earth Orbit.

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Got mine too... they are pretty aren't they?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saber49:

nice thats great gabe... i can't wait to see them on your car... make sure to take a lot of close up pics before you install them too... for a college student its a big purchase decision... i know the quality is there but i want to make sure... i hate my blacked out GT lights... there in perfect condition EXCEPT the stupid blackout spray that was put on them... ah well... we shall see...

You can't remove spray can paint from a surface? Go get some wax / grease remover from your nearest parts dealer, pour a little bit on them, wait 20 seconds and rub it off with a clean rag. After all the paint is off it may have left some film on the lens, then pollish it out with some medium cut polish and a cotton cloth. You will have your mint taillight lenses back no problem at all.

I hope I have been of some help!

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
hey thanks thats awsome ill have to try that...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock