Started on: 12-07-2005 08:58 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 01-11-2006 11:27 PM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone done this and are there any pictures.

I just did mine.I used the whole GT set up.Lights deck lid and GT vents. I basically cut the last foot off a GT and scotch taped it the Coupe. I have molded everything together and if you didn't know it wasn't supposed to be like that no one would know.
I'm going to try and get some pics later tonight.

So there are a lot of different ways I could have done this and would like to know who else has done it and what they did.

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST
The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure it looks really good!

My fetish Fiero is the Purple Pavement Eater and it's sorta like a Fastback/notchback weirdo choptop conversion.. It the Sexiest car I have ever seen..

Get some pictures up here!

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 12-07-2005).]

clintyrd skynyrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for clintyrd skynyrdSend a Private Message to clintyrd skynyrdDirect Link to This Post
thats something that I always thought would look cool. Here's a picture I made of one a while back
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see how it turned out. This will be one unique mod for sure.........
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
Done by Reality 10-2004

------------------

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
sexy, I love it!

Anyone got a completed image?

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Its been done a few times actually... Its decent if you like the GT taillights.... I'm not that much of a fan, but a fastback with notchback tails, and no space (See PPG cars).... yeah thats awesome

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
http://www.v8archie.com/warberfs.htm

And a choptop, First choptop Fiero ever IIRC.

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

http://www.v8archie.com/warberfs.htm

And a choptop, First choptop Fiero ever IIRC.

yeah thats the Purple Pavement Eater I mentioned earlier... Sexiest Fiero ever!

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

sexy, I love it!

Anyone got a completed image?

As soon as I get this damned truck finished I will get my Evil stepchild in here for some pics

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Done by Reality 10-2004

and actually before that by jimmybpei in 2001

from: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20020208-2-013081.html

PFF
System Bot
Hornet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HornetSend a Private Message to HornetDirect Link to This Post
Is this conversion hard to do? Personally, I don't mind the notch back tail lights (even though the GT are cooler) but my friend thinks its the only weakness in the Fiero. I should care what other people think but hey, its worth a look.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I am doing it now......sort of..... check out the link in the sig. It is on a convertable but still molding a gt tail to the notchie front.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know what lower air dam is on the front of that yellow car?? It looks slightly different than the rest that I've seen.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
..makes me wonder, has anybody ever swapped notchie taillights to a fastback?

edit:speeling

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 12-08-2005).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

..makes me wonder, has anybody ever swapped notchie taillights to a fastback?

edit:speeling

Ummm? YUK!!!!

Pictures soon!!!

kmerkle01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmerkle01Send a Private Message to kmerkle01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Ummm? YUK!!!!

Pictures soon!!!

FASTBACK WITH NOTCHIE LIGHTS

I think it look gross

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2005 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

yeah thats the Purple Pavement Eater I mentioned earlier... Sexiest Fiero ever!

And 450hp on tap with a stock TPI Intake.

Wow, that isn't a contradiction...

------------------

"all pushrod motor are better than the dohc because it has less rotational mass"
-rick17, MyMonte member, owner of a 3100 Monte Carlo LS

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmerkle01:

FASTBACK WITH NOTCHIE LIGHTS

I think it look gross

Looks interesting. That reminds me of the 89/90 coupe prototypes.
I wonder what the same rear clip would look like on a car with the aero package. Whose car is that?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That's an old Pisa fastback conversion kit. I'm not real crazy about it, especially since it the same amount of work to just switch over to a real fastback. I guess back when they were selling these though people didn't really do that as much.
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2005 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the fastback with notchie lights looks that bad. I don't really care for the purple pavement eater though. Way too much wing for my tastes. Same with jimmybpei's car, the wing is a little over the top. Otherwise, a notchie looks good with the GT taillights.
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Before I had done anything except install a new crank trigger and charged the battery.

Not a bad little car. I tried to sell it for 700 bucks and ended up selling it for payments but the payments didn't come so I ended up with the car again.

What it looks like now

I have more pics in next window.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 12-08-2005).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 12-08-2005).]

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

very cool pokey
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
There is just something "So Right" about a notchback with the newer GT Taillights.

It will be a mod I WILL do to my car someday.

It already has an 87 5spd, 93 4.9, 88 Interior, and half the body is 86. So adding, FastBack tailights should not be much of a problem.

I want to see progress hots. Come on, I really want to see this. There are enough wrecked donar fastbacks around, I am sure i can find the parts.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna resize the pictures and get some better res on them. I was in a hurry and skrewed it all up but I will make it better.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
honestly i think the fastback tail lights on a notchy look hideous. easily the ugliest "stock" conversion i've seen.
i like the tail lights better, they look newer, but on the notchback it just emphasizes the ugliest part of the fiero in my opinion
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronZ34:

And 450hp on tap with a stock TPI Intake.

Wow, that isn't a contradiction...

I just don't understand why you have to be a jackass on any and every engine modification if it isn't a 3.4 DOHC. Face it, not everyone likes those motors, they are known for breaking easily, and you don't have to compare it to everything else. It seems like you HATE 350's, especially the TPI, and LS1 motors....

Think before you post... For the love of god, please!

Edit - Some people actually like pushrod motors... Thats great that you hate them so much, but until you actually have finished a DOHC swap, with your horsepower expectations, you don't have to critize everyone. If you can actually get 400 hp out of the dohc you don't actually have then more power to yeah!

I really don't mean to be harsh, but you are really starting to get on my nerves...

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 12-08-2005).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

honestly i think the fastback tail lights on a notchy look hideous. easily the ugliest "stock" conversion i've seen.
i like the tail lights better, they look newer, but on the notchback it just emphasizes the ugliest part of the fiero in my opinion

Dude that is just a bit harsh don't ya think.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
ops, double post..

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 12-08-2005).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Damn Pokey, looks good. You do nice work!
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

Honestly I think the fastback tail lights on a notchy look hideous. Easily the ugliest "stock" conversion I've seen.
I like the tail lights better, they look newer, but on the notchback it just emphasizes the ugliest part of the Fiero in my opinion.

I really love the SE look but the tail lights always bugged me. They always seemed so chevett or just cheap. I love fastbacks too but the SE has a more racey look and the GT lights don't look cheap I think it makes it have a more I'm a real sports car look.
So I really like the results.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2005 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:
I just don't understand why you have to be a jackass on any and every engine modification if it isn't a 3.4 DOHC. Face it, not everyone likes those motors, they are known for breaking easily, and you don't have to compare it to everything else. It seems like you HATE 350's, especially the TPI, and LS1 motors....

Think before you post... For the love of god, please!

Edit - Some people actually like pushrod motors... Thats great that you hate them so much, but until you actually have finished a DOHC swap, with your horsepower expectations, you don't have to critize everyone. If you can actually get 400 hp out of the dohc you don't actually have then more power to yeah!

I really don't mean to be harsh, but you are really starting to get on my nerves...

That is not at all being a jackass. And I don't diss every non 3.4 engine, but when people swap a L98 and claim 400+hp, it gets on my nerves. I really enjoy driving the LSX series small blocks, great motors. And since you are obviously too unknowledged to know, I build small blocks, and enjoy a lot about them. My current project is a blown/supercharged 406cuin small block. It's running pretty good, and I will be upgrading it over the next year to AFR heads, a Comp Cam better suited to boost, and hopefully a Whipple 3300R or Weind 25X series, but not like you'd know any of this, I mean just because I understnad the DOHC supiority in air flow means I must hate everything to do with pushrods right?

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
So this car started life as a 88 base coupe. No power, no nothing.
I put in the GT dash and gages along with the center console gages GT steering wheel and Cruise control column.
Also changed out most of the wiring harness installed power locks and windows and power mirrors.Changed out rear wiring harness for GT lights and the cruise control which also added the trunk courtesy light. Headlights motors have been redone with newer material so they go up and down nice. Oh and I also added the air conditioning. The car an existing system but it was incomplete and just a mess so I transplanted the GT system in and it works great. It is just a four cyl car don't let the dual exhaust fool you but it sounds good and gets 35 mpg on freeway trips. The front is lowered a little more than an inch and a half and the rear will be lowered as soon as I have time.

Problems I have not figured out yet are that the brake lights don't work with the new harness. The third brake light does so I think the problem may be fixable in the junction connection on right side of engine bay. I plan on getting the tester in there and maybe rearranging the terminals to make it work.

Another problem I have is SMOG!!
It passes with point .oo2 co almost perfectly clean but the NOx is through the roof. I have a new cat and I changed the EGR out so I think it may be clogged in the manifold.

I plan on moving the battery to the front on the left side and a sub woofer on the right side tubed into the cab under the heater and installing a little lower radiator scoop underneath and radiator exhaust vent on the hood. I was think of using a power window motor set on a relay to open when the fan come on.
Been playing with the idea of making it a targa top too.
The interior will slowly change to black and red. Black carpet,black and red seats and so on. I have a nice paint idea for the exterior.Keeping the experimental two tone and adding some checkered pattern to the front nose up the hood just a bit and then again on the very rear and the wing. I'm going to inlist the help of an artist I know for that. I think it was Steve Snyder at the Coast Run that gave me the idea but I'm not sure. Either way I won't put a nice paint job on it until the body is done and maybe even after I put in the new engine. Sticking with a four cyl for the economy and it makes it more fun on the coast run. I don't need to be able to go any faster.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 12-09-2005).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
that looks awesome! I hate the notchback tail lights, but the GT lights look great. Thats the perfect combo!

------------------

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
I think I recall talking about the checkerboard pattern when we were stopped waiting for the rest of the group out on hwy 1.. Can't remember exactly what it was though.
Here's a photoshop of the car in two-tone with the GFX painted black too.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Wow, pokey, thanks for the pics. Man, I dunno what to think. I like those lights so much better, but it almost looks kinda awkward on the notchback. Maybe because I'm not used to it. With the notchback, I'm conditioned to seeing the slanted rear end and slanted lights. With the fastback lights, they end up being perfectly vertical, almost like the car was chopped off, rather than sloping back like the stock notchie lights do..

Its certainly different, lol

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2005 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Wow, pokey, thanks for the pics. Man, I dunno what to think. I like those lights so much better, but it almost looks kinda awkward on the notchback. Maybe because I'm not used to it. With the notchback, I'm conditioned to seeing the slanted rear end and slanted lights. With the fastback lights, they end up being perfectly vertical, almost like the car was chopped off, rather than sloping back like the stock notchie lights do..

Its certainly different, lol

I agree, but I have to respect the work that goes into it. I am also not a fan of the 2-tone paint job, but if he likes it, that is what counts!

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
Nice job,Pokey..The jury is stilll out on the look,I can't quite decide.
I actually like the look of a stock notchie(as well as a fastback),soo...

BTW,At least the Pavement eater actually had the swap DONE..as completed.you know..in the fiero....to actually get HP results....

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2005 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Nice job,Pokey..The jury is still out on the look,I can't quite decide.
I actually like the look of a stock notchie(as well as a fastback),soo...

BTW,At least the Pavement eater actually had the swap DONE..as completed.you know..in the fiero....to actually get HP results....

Yeah I don't know much about pavement eater but this car is not going to get a swap. I find most cars have more horse power than driver. Going to build a very strong almost stock 2.5 for it. Just plan on lightening up the rotational mass a bit and making sure every thing balances out the same. Deck it and line hone. Slight cam for a little torque but don't want it to idle bad or have smog problems. Basically I would rather make a bullet proof little banger that will put up with abuse and drive everyday. If something breaks then no tears cause thats what it is made for. I want this as my work horse/experiment and have fun with car. I sure as hell wouldn't tear into my 3.4 GT.

So power is not the goal actually the whole reason behind this car is to be underpowered. I tend to take everything way past the limit and out here we have the Rally through the Valley which is a very dangerous run but most likely survivable in case of accident if you call being a paraplegic survivable and also we have the most likely unsurvivable Coast Run which at best you will have a nice view of the ocean from 300 feet and closing till you die. So I don't want more power I want a more drivable car that I can totally count on to do what I want when I want it. I can keep up with the big boys just fine and still get back alive to laugh about how stupid we are now and I would like to keep it that way.

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST And folks always remember to eat before driving on the coast.If you fly off the cliff and no one finds you the only thing worse than knowing you are going to bleed to death alone is to do it hungry.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 12-09-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock