Started on: 11-21-2005 10:29 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: hellbentkrusty on 11-21-2005 11:48 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Chick and I were checking out the local Junk-Yard for some great deals. I am still trying to find things to make my 4.9 cleaner. But I have not had any time to spend getting it dressed up. I found a little thing that I think is kinda unique.

http://www.pickapart.ca <<< home page.

http://pickapart.ca/images/pricelist.pdf <<<< Price List Engins 225 CDN for any. Lots of really good deals. All prices are in $CDN

Well Back to the story, we were there for 2 reasons I wanted to see if they had anything for my 4.9 I found a spare starter for 24 bucks and she found a bunch of small parts her Fiero.

But the thing that I found that I thought was kinda neat was an intake spacer thingy. They did not charge me for it, and I checked before I left the yard that it would fit my 4.9 Throttle Body.

So it raises the intake tube up about 2" and smooths the intake to the TB. I just need to create a pipe to go from the intake horn to the air filter box.

Well here is the doo hicky that I found. I am going to clean it up and maybe paint it with some bright red high temp paint. I still have lots of wiring to clean up and get straightend out, but that is going to be one of those winter projects.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
What did that come off of? I need something similar for my 4.9 if I'm ever gonna use my aftermarket intake plenum to raise it up like that.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea, I found it in the trunk of an 87 Deville.
hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
i think its off the cad --spacer for the tbi system
i have one kicking around my yard too!!!
clynt
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen a Caddy with one , but if you have one , I'll buy it from you, or trade something for it.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Check your local speed shop for something like it. I think they call it an air cleaner riser or something like that.

If I find another one I will set it aside and mail it to you.

I have to go back to the wreckers as I forgot to snag a distributor plug. Right now I have spade connectors just pushed up there to wire in my MSD box, and I would like to make a proper harness.

P.S. Clynt I gave ya a plus just becuase of your user name. Now that's Unique. LOL.

So how is the car comming. Has the new chip arrived yet.

boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
Ya those were on the TBI Caddys. I have a couple of those floating around my garage from a few 4.5 TBI caddy's I parted out.

------------------

www.FierosandMore.com This is a link to my personal web site, has pictures of all my projects and parts for sale.

hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
just fumbleing around here for another wk or two- still waiting on new chip
then i find out if its runnable or not(may have to put in new roller liftors)
and the game goes on!!!
l8r clynt

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock