Started on: 11-14-2005 08:25 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 11-20-2005 03:14 AM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Not 24 hours ago I received the customary meeting reminder for Golden Gate Fieros. Imagine my surprise when I came across this important notice added to the bulliten:

- Officer nominations and election
It was suggested that elections should take place in January, since the December meeting is usually near Christmas, and attendance normally light. We can discuss this at the meeting. I won't be running for President next year, so we need someone new in this position.

John Szpara, fierobear here on PFF, has been President for a long time now. He's been the prez since I've been in the club, which is over 2 years now. Granted, thats a long run, but he does such a damn good job of it. Just a few months ago we had record attendance at a regular club meeting. John's dedication to the club and these little plastic go carts is unquestionable and it would be a shame to lose him. While he has not given a specific reason, it is my belief that he is just a little fatigued from years of service and requires a break, not a complete withdrawl from duty. Further, in my opinion, he is the best man in the club to run it. I, personally, have not seen the same dedication to organization and leadership from any other single member. Will GGF fail without fierobear? Certainly not, someone will step up to the task (I hope), but it will not be the same.

It is with that in mind that i call upon fellow GGFers, PFFers, and all friends of John to post here their support for him as Prez of GGF in hopes that he will reconsider his resignation. Please help me in showing fierobear that he is appreciated and respected for the work he does, and that we would not like to see him slip quietly into the night.

Stick with it, bear. You're doing a great job.

-Scott Evans
Fastback 86
Member, Golden Gate Fieros

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Scott, please delete this post.
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes it is better to attend the show then it is to run it.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 11-19-2005).]

pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Well Scott he is the best person for the job in my opinion and the best equipped but who is to say someone else wont do better. I doubt it but hey maybe. I sure as heck wouldn't do it.
I already had this discussion with him last week so it isn't news to me. I hope he sticks to it but at the same time I think he needs to get his brain straight regroup and attack again fresh.
Either way I know there is no way he would leave someone else in charge without a lot of support. The boy is a krazy fool for these cars. He won't be far guaranteed.

I think if he gave it up he would regret it almost immediately. One thing I know from the years I have known him is it doesn't matter how hard I beat him over the head he is going to make his own decision.

Good Luck Bear.

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST

There are three kinds of people
Those trying to be good.
Those trying not to be bad.
And those that make trying not to be bad a lot harder for me!!!

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
John certainly the decision is yours and all of us here at PFF would support whatever you decide.

As a fellow Fiero club President I can tell all of you that being President is not a once a month, at the meeting kind of job. It is a job that is every single day of the year (including holidays). It is a job that is there to be dealt with even when things in real life are more important (and should be). It is phone calls and e-mails at all hours of the day, sometimes from people who want immediate answers and badger you until they get them. It is dealing with every complaint that comes down the pike and trying to convince someone that you see their point but respectfully disagree. It is organizing when no one else is willing to and writing articles just to fill a newsletter. It is also filled with pride when things go well and gratitude for those who come forth to help you. It is being able to provide a service for others who enjoy your hobby. All in all, it is incredibly and emotionally time consuming and sometimes folks, people need a break. I'm sure John isn't going to fade into the woodwork and I certainly believe we should support him in his decision and not be selfish in wanting to keep someone running a club for us.

Jennifer

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
John, I know you will make whatever decision is right for you. I know you have a lot of things going on in your real life right now, but if I were going to make a suggestion it would be to do like I did. Take a break from this place instead of your club. I know how tough it is keeping a club going after doing it for a couple of years in TN, so I wouldn't blame you if you wanted a break. But I also know how much you love these cars and love making sure things happen in your club.Do whatever you like but I agree with Pokey, you'll regret it immediately if you quit. If you are thinking that maybe the members are wanting something different, leave that to them. That is what elections are for. If they want someone new, they will elect someone new. You have time to decide. Think about it for a while.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The man probably has his own personal reasons for not wanting to run again. Please don't try and force him to run if he doesn't want to.
We had our own elections last weekend for our club (NEFA). We decided to restructure the BOD a bit by adding a vice- President position. It was becoming clear that the President position involved a lot of work. By adding a VP position we will be able to spread the load a bit. We also expect more participation or input from the other BOD members to help make our club better.
Club memberships have been going down because of lack of interest or costs of our hobby. We even lost all of our activities directors because of personal reasons this year. I stepped up to help out our club, as much as I could in a non-official capacity, by helping arrange a couple of events we had and making sure others knew what events we were having.
It's one thing to belong to a club, it's another to step up and help that club when help is needed. Not too many people want to do this, they just want to pay their dues and take advantage of what the club has to offer. That is ok and fine up to a point. If you really want to be a member, you should be willing to participate and help when it is needed. That is just my personal opinion.
Maybe you club President feels he can be more effective in a different position or as an advisor. It is certain that he does not want to run again by the looks of it.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
After being the founding member, pres and chairman of the board of West Coast Fiero's of British Columbia Canada " http://www.westcoastfieros.com "
Since the fall of 98, yep 7 years now. We elected a board of directors to spread out the tasks, which did help, but I finally said I need a break. At the October 2005 meeting I made it official that I would step down as of the 1st of January. After listing all the things a Pres has to do for a club, everyone kinda stepped back.

So the decision was made to "NOT" have a president any longer, no more chairman, no more pres, no more head guy. The presidents duties were broken down like this.

The formating may not work but here goes.

Club Duties Roster

Duties that need to be filled.

Set up and arrange drives

Set up and arrange club promo stuff, decals, hats, shirts, jackets, business cards

Do a monthly meeting wrap up letter (email of course?)

Do a monthly meeting web gallery of pics (on line of course)

Assist and deal with inter member complaints (he said, she said, he started it no she started it, type of problems)

Deal with restaurant staff and management regarding service and booking the room, this is an ongoing thing to make sure everyone is happy

General Club Moral, posting nothing about something to just gage what the members are feeling and get a feel for what people want to do.

Stand up at each meeting and say Hay Everybody, What’s happening. Public speaking is not that hard, just get up there and relax.

Stay in contact with the other area Fiero clubs. Seattle Washington, Portland Oregon, Calgary Alberta and Edmonton Alberta.

In Charge of the Club memorabilia, photos, Parts Books, Parts Catalogs and the sign in book, the 50/50 draw, the dinner draw

At the November meeting we talked about each item and divided it up. Some of the categories got 2-3 names put in there. The Public Speaking at each meeting is going to be rotated through a half dozen members.

(our average turnout is 18-22 Fiero's and 30-40 people to each meeting) Considering California has a higher population than our entire country of Canada I think we are doing pretty good.

This will take the load off of any single person as pres and allow the club to grow as things will be able to get done rather than say hats pushed to the side to deal with a member complaint or photo gallery did not get done, because I had personal stuff to do.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, going to be an interesting meeting tonight. I just happen to be able to make it tonight also.
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
It WAS an interesting meeting, to be sure.

Fierobear's done a lot for the club over the last 5 years - but he's also got some other pressures on his life lately (as Pokey knows as well as any of us). He could use some time to take care of those other things, he's asked for it, and I think he deserves it.

Things will work out just fine...

[This message has been edited by Whuffo (edited 11-17-2005).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
So, what happened?
PFF
System Bot
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

So, what happened?

Fierobear will not be continuing as club president after the end of this term. There were two nominations for his replacement, one of the people nominated has accepted the nomination so far.

The vice president is also bowing out due to changes in his job which conflict with club duties. There are also two nominees for this position, one has accepted the nomination.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

So, what happened?

President
Michael Leavitt (whuffo), nomination accepted
Todd Amelio (Toddster), pending acceptance of nomination

Vice President
Brian Geyer, nomination accepted
Karl Melzner, nomination accepted

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy for President
or...
VOTE FOR PEDRO STIMPY Ah hah hah haaaaah!!!

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 11-20-2005).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Stimpy for President
or...
VOTE FOR PEDRO STIMPY Ah hah hah haaaaah!!!

Oh my god you are just so funny and original.

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST
Notchies look sexy racy kinda like the neighbors wife. Fastbacks are just sexy, kinda like your own wife. Like a lot of men I like getting in and making them both scream.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock