Started on: 11-10-2005 11:22 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: MstangsBware on 11-16-2005 09:35 PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
This is Part 2 of a build Thead of my 88 T-Top Coupe that has been transformed (here is a link to the 1st Thead https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/049019-2.html ) . I installed a 3800SC/65E into it about 10 months ago and have enjoyed it since. After getting it on the road, I had fun with it but missed my 5 speed. So I decided to build up a motor to replace the current one and use the current motor on a 5 speed to go into my 88 GT. I am in the process of completeing the 5 speed swap also and will do a seperate Thread on it. I tried to take more pictures this time of things I did but didnt get a whole lot of them. The motor/trans I found for this swap was a 02 L-67 with 23K on it out of a GTP. I have been gathering Mod parts up for a while to put into this motor and will continue to buy more when funds permit. So far the MODs for this motor are:

ZZP Proto-Type Fuel Rails
ZZP XP Hot Cam,
ZZP Full Size IC w/ Stage 2 Heat Exchanger
ZZP Stage 4 Blower
ZZP MPS w/ 3 in Pulley
LS1 TB Kit
SLP 85 MM MAF
Comp Cams 105 Springs
ZZP Modded Retainers
TOG Headers
Custom 3 in Exhaust
FastFieros Custom PCM
3000 Stall
3.29 Single Chain Gears
4th Hardened Clutch

This should be a good start for MODs until the funds are right to get a set of ZZP Stage 2 heads to go on. The car itself hasnt had anything else done to it but will be getting a paint job after this install is complete. Here are some of the first pictures I took of the motor/trans once I got it home and satrted tearing into it.

23K L-67

23K 65E-HD

TOGs

Even though this is my second install, I still had a ton of quetions and once again Loyde @ fastfieros.com answered everything I asked. He has been such a huge help on both of my installs with answering my questions and helping me figure out any problems I have ran across. I highly reccomend Loyde for any work that needs to be done or a swap of this nature. I also had help from another PFF member Steve Reid(Custom84cp) with my fuel rails that I had to put together. He walked me thru everything I needed to do and even helped do most of it. I wanna thank both of these guys for all the help during this swap and for the future help they have not yet given me but will.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 11-11-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
This is the tear down to install the XP Cam along with Comp Cam 105 springs. Was the first time I did a cam install into a 3800 but it was pretty str8 forward after reading a few write ups.

Stripping

Ready for cam

Back together

Like I said not alot of pictures but a few to go along with the build.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Here are some pictures of me tearing into the 23K 65E-HD having no clue to what I am doing. Went in to install the 3.29 single drive gears and a 4th hardened clutch. Needless to say by the end of it all, I was at the transmission shop, letting them put it back together. I pulled out the lat cylinder and couldnt get it back in right. So I opted to let the trans shop put it back together for a mere 65 bucks. Should have went this route in the first place but I like to try everything myself. So for anyone going to dive into the 65E-Hd trans, pay close attention to what you are doing.

Trans Before

Tore Apart

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
And here is where I am at so far with the motor/trans setup. I just finished painting the SC, IC and a few other small parts. I went with silver/dark grey for my color scheme, not forsure 100% if I am going to like it but if not then I will change it. Here are pictures of the motor on a stand with the IC and SC mocked up on it. I wanted to see how the 2 colorrs looked before I went any farther. So far looks good to me so I will bolts everything in place tomorrow and add the rest of the parts.

Mocked Up

Another Angle

Will add more pictures once it is bolted down and the rest of the parts are installed.

pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

She looks in GOOD hands here fellas!! Keep up the good work, and keep them pics a coming!!

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding project, keep those pis coming! Let's not forget the 5 speed swap pic to.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Hey, bout time you got around to sharing some pics of that thing! Ready to install in about a week?? Damn.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
so this is THE engine huh......

AUTO ????? WTF??? I thought you were getting smart and using a standard this time???

Do you want pics of MY engine so you can make just like mine???

funny...I haven't received ANY phone calls for help ....................

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Hey, bout time you got around to sharing some pics of that thing! Ready to install in about a week?? Damn.

I have been taking pictures but just never got around to posting them. It will be a more than a week now, we are closing on our house next week so it will probally wait till after the move. I could have insalled it this week but it is deer season here so the Fiero project gets placed to second for a a while. It will be installed and on the road soon enoug, I bolted everything down today.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by revin:

so this is THE engine huh......

AUTO ????? WTF??? I thought you were getting smart and using a standard this time???

Do you want pics of MY engine so you can make just like mine???

funny...I haven't received ANY phone calls for help ....................

Yes, Kevin this one is an auto also but dont worry, the motor I am running now in the car is going on a 5 speed and going into my 88 GT. That way I can have one of each, the fun shifting of the 5 speed but the reliabilty of the auto when I wanna hit the track and beat the piss out of it. I have a few pictures of your engine but I use them for what I dont want my engine bay to look like--J/K
I will call you when I need some more help or next time I head down that way. You ever get that bigger intake put on and find a 99 up TB to repalce the one you have?

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Steve has not sent the tube nor have I had time to look for the TB... .....i MAY BE BUYING ANOTHER BOAT! jet!!!
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Not alot of extra time to work on my motor but I did mange to get a few more things done since I last posted. Finished up my low mount Alt setup using the 99 up 3800 alternator, installed the LS1 TB, installed the 3000 stall and bolted the transmission up the the motor. Still have a few more things to do before its ready to install but we are in the process of moving so it wil have to wait a few weeks. Next it will be getting it mounted to the cradle and have it ready to seap right in when the other cradle comes out. Here are just a few new pictures with the added parts listed above.

Front side

Back Side

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock