Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What you missed in MN this weekend!! (Pics) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What you missed in MN this weekend!! (Pics) by MinnGreenGT
Started on: 10-24-2005 10:59 AM
Replies: 87
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 12-09-2005 09:51 AM
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that many people just skim across our topics for planning MOA meetings and other smaller events - but I wanted to try to get everyone's attention for some cool & fun pics coming up!

We'll start things off with a quote by Carbon from our original topic:

Originally posted by carbon:

Twas the night before the MOA meet and all through Rob's house...

Not a creature was stirring( well maybe Carissa stirring spaghetti sauce at the stove )

Except Eric the Rockstar Princess!

Yup... that's Racingman24!

That largely sums up Friday night - I worked on cleaning & prepping the garage for the upcoming weekend projects... Firefox & his wife arrive around 8pm. After some brief work, we had dinner (10 people total, after GTGeff & his wife showed up) - thanks to my lovely wife for making some home-made spaghetti sauce & enough pasta to feed everyone (and have leftovers).

I'm sure a few more pics from Friday night will show up (I know there are a few out there - at least of me sanding some fiberglass parts )...

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 10-24-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Saturday morning we dragged ourselves out a bit later than planned (it was a late night on Friday)... and continued prepping and spraying a few things. Unfortunately my garage door broke (found the parts online... not including the $50 left spring, the other stuff needed is about $25 - not bad) - right after we sprayed clearcoat on Kev's hood... dropping bugs, dirt, and probably 10 years worth of other crap down into the wet finish. Ugh. That ended up haunting us a bit later.

Saturday afternoon, we headed up to the Mall of America to meet up with other Fieros in the cool fall weather (OK, so it was cold being below 50, windy, and cloudy much of the time we were there). We had quite a good turnout - especially considering the weather! 9 Fieros were in attendance (in addition to a couple of "chase" vehicles & some guests) - we ended up with a group of 18 for dinner at The Backyard Bar & Grill!

And of course... some of my GreenGT! (again, showing how differently it photographs depending on lighting)

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001
After returning home Saturday night, we proceeded to take some lessons from Firefox about painting - and we worked largely on my new quarter window scoops! Nick/Carbon had some cool pics from that - looking forward to seeing those!

Here is the project as they sit right now... they still need the acrylic windows themselves installed (and I'll need a decently warm day to actually install them), but the paint is pretty much finished!

As they sit:

With Windows photoshopped in:

...And photoshopped on the car:

So... where are everybody else's pics? (I know there were a number of cameras floating around)!

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Damnnnnnnn MinnGreen !!

Your car just keeps looking better and better every time i see it ! Did you lower it more ??

Those new quarter windows are going to look awesome. Where did you get them ? How much ?

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Exotise! And nope... haven't lowered it any more (although I either need to lower the front a touch, or more-likely raise the rear a bit to "balance" the car) - the new wheels & tires changed the visual tire/fender gap quite a bit.

The Quarter Window Scoops are actually the FieroStore's "GT Turbo Scoops w/Windows"

Although I actually bought mine from MS Lori in the mall section...

The paint design was something that I literally "stole" from another MFF member's car (John Olson) I thought it was the only way to go, as I'm not a fan of the 1/4 window scoops that are all body color! And with the GT logo in place, they still have that stock "feel" to them as well.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/045329.html

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
That has to be the best looking paint job/idea for the GT quarter window scoops I have ever seen, very nice...

------------------
8T6 GT

[This message has been edited by red GT (edited 10-24-2005).]

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
just waitin for the rest!

looks good rob! cant wait to see it in person

fierohutch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

After returning home Saturday night, we proceeded to take some lessons from Firefox about painting - and we worked largely on my new quarter window scoops! Nick/Carbon had some cool pics from that - looking forward to seeing those!

Here is the project as they sit right now... they still need the acrylic windows themselves installed (and I'll need a decently warm day to actually install them), but the paint is pretty much finished!

As they sit:

With Windows photoshopped in:

...And photoshopped on the car:

So... where are everybody else's pics? (I know there were a number of cameras floating around)!

do i sense a bit of inspiration from a certain day in september....

i'm just playin with you man.....i think the scoops will look really nice one there.

------------------

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Just kidding minngreen. They do look awesome.

------------------
Thanks Aus!
More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Any more of the Stinger?? Those are the first pictures I have seen of it since it sold! That is such a bitchin car. MinnGreen, your is simply outstanding too.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hutch & BigFieroman - LOL... yeah, maybe a bit of inspiration - although I've actually owned the scoops since roughly this time last year (as mentioned in the linked post above . But I definitely took your advice (BigFieroman) about noting the possible fitment issues at the back of the scoops - although I didn't really do much about it (as I figure they won't show up quite so much on the dark green, as it does on your bright red). BTW - do you have clear plexi windows in yours? I'm pretty sure that mine are tinted... which I personally prefer - but it was just something I noticed in the pics.

Falcon - Thanks! I don't have any more pics of the stinger at the moment (it hasn't been "out" much lately, as it's awaiting some minor repair & accompanying modifications

I'm hoping that sometime after 5pm - some of the others with cameras will get postin too... 'cause I know there are more pics out there!

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Funny i used to really hate those type of quarter window scoops but you have made them look 200 x better and more desirable. If i can make mine look like yours, i have to have them !

You guys mentioned fitment issues,..is there a problem with these quarter windows not fitting properly ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-24-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Funny i used to really hate those type of quarter window scoops but you have made them look 200 x better and more desirable. If i can make mine look like yours, i have to have them !

That's exactly what I said when I first saw John Olson's car (the Med Red GT I posted above). I actually had plans at the time to get a set of stock-style repops from Fiero Warehouse... then I noticed these

You guys mentioned fitment issues,..is there a problem with these quarter windows not fitting properly ?

The back of the stock quarter windows are "more-square" than the back of the reproduction scoops. I may try to take comparison photos when I remove the stock windows. It's pretty minor, but could certainly be an irritation if it's too obvious!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Well, it was an exciting weekend. Kristie and i drove up to Minneapolis for the weekend, and during our visit were treated to a wonderful pasta dinner and a freezing afternoon in the parking lot of the Mall of America. We had a blast.

Friday night was a prep night for some projects we were working in, including Rob's quarter windows.....

We got everything ready to go after dinner with the gang....

We were delighted to have GTGeff and his wife stop by for dinner......( she skipped on the pics )

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

4307 posts
Member since Feb 2003
The garage environment was rather subdued....

Then after getting the garage work done, we gathered for storytelling.....

and the smart one of the group fell asleep because we're totally boring......
The other smart one went to bed....

Wow.....that was just Friday night!

Who's next with pictures?

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 10-24-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
wait... weren't the last couple pics Saturday night? (the ones of the group in the living room)
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
oops......yeah, you're right. Different story telling night
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Sniffing to much clear coat that night..LOL..

It was a fun time and it was nice to see everyone again..!!

------------------

2004 Pontiac Cosmos Purple GTO 1 of 334

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Damn that looks good! I can't wait till you get them on and I see them in person!

It was great to see everyone again, and nice meeting you Firefox, hope to see you again some time.

Anybody got more pics?? I think I saw someone else taking pics.

Little Jon

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 10-24-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting to see the pics from Carbon - I know he shot some really good ones Saturday night while we were painting!
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Minngreen,

My clear windows were custom ordered. It took forever, but i didn't want tinted rears on an untinted car.

PFF
System Bot
summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

What's up with the door (and forward edge of the rear clip) on the Stinger?

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Well, it was an exciting weekend. Kristie and i drove up to Minneapolis for the weekend, and during our visit were treated to a wonderful pasta dinner and a freezing afternoon in the parking lot of the Mall of America. We had a blast.

We got everything ready to go after dinner with the gang....

You know someone HAD to say this - I hope the princess washed his hands before eating.

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:
You know someone HAD to say this - I hope the princess washed his hands before eating.

--Will

LMAO!!

Helo-mech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Helo-mechClick Here to visit Helo-mech's HomePageSend a Private Message to Helo-mechDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you guys had a great time, your cars are gorgeous, and I hope I can Join you on one of those get togethers. My car is nowhere near streetable yet, but hope to get a good deal of work done next year. Too long of a honeydew list....

------------------
my 85 GT wants more power!
Check out my Fiero project page!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by summerjim:

The door is popped open in the photo (suicide doors), and the forward edge of the clip is a minor "issue" currently under repair... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20041015-1-041329.html

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Eeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!
flyingbob

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyingbobSend a Private Message to flyingbobDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I missed this one but it looked like you all had a good time.We still hope to get there sometime before christmas and will give you guys a call if it happens.
p.s Marg thinks Eric suits that pink hat.
Bob
flames4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flames4meSend a Private Message to flames4meDirect Link to This Post

suicide door, and diff quarter panel

looks like alot of fun after i left, ill definatly stay later next time, but i had to be back in wisconsin by 6, oh well. lol, hey next time i should have my SBC in and drivable. i am definatly looking forward to the next meet! thanks guys.

------------------
1986 Silver 5 speed Fiero
3.4 DOHC, bored .30
Fully balanced and blueprinted

355/380hp sbc, 4 bolt main
spec stage 3, and many other extras, lol.
still need to find the right fiero for this engine.

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

It was great to see everyone again, and nice meeting you Firefox, hope to see you again some time......

Little Jon

Glad to meet you. Next time I expect to see that rear clip finished now that you know how to paint!

Mark

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
As I mentioned in the other thread, Cathy and I came up on Saturday for the Vikings-Packers game on Sunday. I was hoping to get off work so we could come up early on Saturday, and I could come and hang out with all of you, but it wasn't to be. We ended up leaving after I got off of work at 3PM, and didn't get into Bloomington until about 11:30. I figured you guys were all scattered to the winds by that time, and I was bushed, so I just went to bed. One of these days, I hope to get up there for one of your MOA meets, Rob. Thought it was going to be THIS weekend...but that's how my luck goes...

Oh, and that parking lot at MOA looks AWFULLY familiar...I think I walked across that Sunday afternoon....

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Friday night was a prep night for some projects we were working in, including Rob's quarter windows.....

nice hat does it play both a.m. AND f.m. ?

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 10-24-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Once again I'm late..............................................................as usual.....................................but not THIS late I freakin missed most all of it

------------------

87 GT M-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's
88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 119.4 miles
87 GT custom
90 Grand prix STE Turbo

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Once again I'm late..............................................................as usual.....................................but not THIS late I freakin missed most all of it

You only missed the part where we froze our asses off...

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Bob & Marg - looking forward to seeing you guys again soon! If you're interested... make plans now -the MFF Holiday Party is going to be Saturday January 14th (most likely at the Backyard Bar & Grill where we all ate on Saturday night)!

Flames4me (btw - what's your "real" name?) - it was good to meet you... definitely look forward to seeing you around again!

Litespd - sorry you didn't make it up sooner. We were up & about at my place, but only until shortly after midnight before we all retired to the living room... next time!

Joel- Yup, AM/FM & CDs!

BTW - got the windows siliconed into the quarter scoops tonight... now I just need some time to remove the old ones and some warm weather (or extra Propane) to install the new ones!

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Hey, Mark, can you either post, or send me the pic of just me with my guimatara? That'd be great. Thanks Mark

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over" ;)
88 base coupe: Back on the road. "She thinks my Tractor's sexy. . . . . "
Wait. . . Did I just say I can't wait to do more work on my Fiero?. . .what, am I retarded?

Said by Crazy Dave "You can take Steve out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of Steve."
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Racingman24

2304 posts
Member since Apr 2003
Now here's an ad campaign:

"I'd rather drink Miller Lite as a fairy than drink Bud Light as a normal person."

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
but eric, even if you were drinking Bud Light, you'd still be the fairy. you said it!

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 10-25-2005).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

Hey, Mark, can you either post, or send me the pic of just me with my guimatara? That'd be great. Thanks Mark

Eric

This one??

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Do you know the song the guy on the stairs in Animal House played and sang during the Toga Party?

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 10-25-2005).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Almost makes me wish I lived in Minnesota... almost...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock