Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Come to the Coast Run! See Spddy's new creation.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Come to the Coast Run! See Spddy's new creation. by Songman
Started on: 10-10-2005 08:22 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: ToonTownfiero on 01-06-2006 08:51 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Lots of people have been asking where Spddy has been. I know he has been busy and I haven't even talked to him as often as usual. So I finally found out what is keeping him busy... Pictures will follow.. But you'll have to come to the Coast Run to see this beast in person!

------------------

3rd Annual California Coast Run, November 11-13, 2005

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
A few more..

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
What engine is he using?
caffeinatedsoap

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caffeinatedsoapClick Here to visit caffeinatedsoap's HomePageSend a Private Message to caffeinatedsoapDirect Link to This Post
I like it.
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
That man does beautiful work. Guess I'm making the Coast Run no matter what now
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a real one.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I know he is working on one that is based on a Diablo Replica chassis and has an LS-1 in it, but this one is based on a stretched Fiero I am pretty sure. I think he is building a couple for himself to get good at it and then is going to go into business building them for other people. Looks to me like he has got it down to an art! I am not sure what the running gear is in this one.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by AusFiero:

That looks like a real one.

There are a couple of giveaways if you look close. In the rear view, you can see the bottom of the Fiero cradle. It is hard to tell in the small picture I made for the forum, but in the engine picture you can see a Fiero thermostat housing neck sticking up.

If the aim of a kit is to look like a real one, I think he has done it with this one.

CALIFORNIA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CALIFORNIA GTSend a Private Message to CALIFORNIA GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad that I have my room for this Coast run!! That is one nice car!! Can't wait to see it in person!!

Chet

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post
Ooooooooo. Can I get a ride? Or if that's not at all possible... can I just sit in it? pleeeeeease?

See you at the coast run spddy!
Janell

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Wow....simply wow...
PFF
System Bot
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
why is it that when a car has scissor doors you never see a pic with them shut?
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJ7:

why is it that when a car has scissor doors you never see a pic with them shut?

Wow factor goes up by a factor of atleast 89.4578% with the doors up.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Dang it!! why do i have to be stuck up in WA. for the coast run! LOL i made the last two, now this one sounds like it's going to be the coolest
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That is a beautiful piece of work - looks fabulous!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful work!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
OH YAH that is nice. Good work

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Speedy is a talented guy !

Hey Songman did speedy ever get his notchie with the flip up front fixed ??

I know he banged it up at a recent show.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Speedy is a talented guy !

Hey Songman did speedy ever get his notchie with the flip up front fixed ??

I know he banged it up at a recent show.

I just talked to spddy this morning. He has shelved that car. He can't get it smogged, so he can't drive it on the street. The Lambo has a 2.8 in it, so it can be driven, which is what he wants.

Sleeper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleeperSend a Private Message to SleeperDirect Link to This Post
is this some kinda joke? i dont know, but that is a REAL LAMBO no wonder he aint gonna take it on the coast run, he probably dont even own it!?!?!?!

------------------

3800 Supercharged w/ some mods
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/344502

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sleeper:

is this some kinda joke? i dont know, but that is a REAL LAMBO no wonder he aint gonna take it on the coast run, he probably dont even own it!?!?!?!

Ummmm....? No, its not a real Lambo, yes he does own it, and yes it is coming on the run.

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
For those in doubt...

Here is a side-by-side comparison. This is a really great kit. That is the point of it. But it is obviously a kit, as I pointed out earlier. But you have to know what to look for. The lack of a rear differential is always a good indicator of a kit car. You can see the Fiero cradle underneath the rear of the car. Also, the width of the rear tires is a dead giveaway. I pointed out earlier that you can see the Fiero thermostat housing peeking out from under the engine cover. I am sure Spddy will smile when he sees this thread. Most any kit owner would like it if you have to prove that your car is not the real thing... And it will definitely be on the Coast Run!

Personally, I think Spddy's car looks better than the real thing.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-11-2005).]

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
So it just has a 2.8 in it right now? What's the drivetrain plan? N*? 2.8 is just not doing that car justice..
Korupt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KoruptSend a Private Message to KoruptDirect Link to This Post
going purely off of the exhaust tips i would want the kit car the far left tip on the real car looks off if i paid that much for a diablo it better be damn near perfect
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I just talked to spddy this morning. He has shelved that car. He can't get it smogged, so he can't drive it on the street. The Lambo has a 2.8 in it, so it can be driven, which is what he wants.

Tell him to send it out to florida, i will take care of it for him hehehe.

We don't have the smog nazis out here ! No sense in it going to waste.

Seriously though Songman, does speedy check his PMs ?? I wanted to ask him a few questions about the fiero build. A couple of things i wanted to copy.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-15-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:Personally, I think Spddy's car looks better than the real thing.

I was thinking the same thing. That is a beautiful kit. If he goes into production I think I will have to add one to my collection.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I was thinking the same thing. That is a beautiful kit. If he goes into production I think I will have to add one to my collection.

Collection !?

Don't you mean fleet ??!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
Looks VERY similar to the car listed here - http://www.rehbergmotorcars.ca/ - has Spddy seen that site?
kmerkle01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmerkle01Send a Private Message to kmerkle01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adrift:

Looks VERY similar to the car listed here - http://www.rehbergmotorcars.ca/ - has Spddy seen that site?

so basically he jus bought the car and claimed that he made it?.... thats cool

UDLOSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UDLOSESend a Private Message to UDLOSEDirect Link to This Post
If thats the case, thats pretty weak.

It looks like the EXACT SAME CAR.

Did spddy build it?

Or did he buy it and is going to make some of his own??

Fill us in please

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
looks like it is from http://www.naerc.com

they are amazing looking machines. very very close to perfect.

i love the color spddy chose.

i wanted to edit to guess that it is an SBC powering it.

[This message has been edited by riley (edited 01-06-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Looks to me like rehbergmotorcars.ca is the dishonest one here. First, that looks like spddy's front yard. Second, hes a body guy by trade and I know he's more than capable of that kind of work. And third, naerc states that it is a kit they offer, whereas rehberg claims that it is not a kit and they built it all by themselves. I'm think rehberg has some explaining to do, I believe spddy built that kit from naerc.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Spddy's car is built from an NAERC kit. All standard parts and I have even seen quite a few in the same color. Spddy has been talking to the owner of NAERC for over a year to start building these kits. He has two more partially completed ones in his shop but he's been too busy with his regular body shop business to finish them.

And if you doubt his ability to build such a car, all you have to do is look here... Guess he likes blue, huh?

Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
Just want to make clear I wasn't doubting that he built it, but rather thought he should be informed if someone else is claiming his car as their own.

[This message has been edited by Adrift (edited 01-06-2006).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adrift:

Just want to make clear I wasn't doubting that he built it, but rather thought he should be informed if someone else is claiming his car as their own.

Didn't pick up negative tones from you, it was the people who posted after you that we wanted to make it clear to. And I'm with you, spddy might want to have a word with that site for those false claims.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
fljffs
fs;lfsfsf...
slklnds064*^^%...
(It's hard to type at the same time my jaw is hitting the keyboard... had to tie it up to my face with a bandana, which also helps control the drool)

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 2.
Amazing

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C