Started on: 10-20-2005 08:14 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: caddyrocket on 10-24-2005 12:15 PM
Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
http://media.putfile.com/AVI_0687

incase people were curious about the sound of a 3.4 DOHC and never look at my build thread (which i've been neglecting lately)

yes thats the BOV doing what it does - and without the engine even seeing boost yet - when driving and getting the engine into boost range the BOV is much more distinct

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Now can you do one WOT for an extended period?

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a big fan of bouncing off the rev limiter..

but rest assured there will be more videos once darth and I get it tuned properly

AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
sounds great!

lets see a dyno and an ET slip

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
COOL! Where did you get your IC piping from? What size injectors? Did darth base the chip off the turbo grand prix?
Im using custom cut steel unless I can find better IC, 36lb inj, and darths TGP based chip.
Oh, and what did you get your map sensor off of?

Im right behind ya, just need to pick up some piping for oil return and that darned IC piping.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

COOL! Where did you get your IC piping from? What size injectors? Did darth base the chip off the turbo grand prix?
Im using custom cut steel unless I can find better IC, 36lb inj, and darths TGP based chip.
Oh, and what did you get your map sensor off of?

Im right behind ya, just need to pick up some piping for oil return and that darned IC piping.

all the plumbing was made by me - its welded mandrel bent steel exhaust pipe from summit witht he welds ground smooth and painted with high temp ceramic paint
its running on a turbo grand prix ecm (brand new tgp map sensor from autozone - $65) with darth helping me with the chip.. 36# injectors from a 3800sc, customized intercooler originally rated for 800hp - wideband 02 setup for gauge and for datalogging - normal heated O2 feeding the ecm..

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I can't get any audio from Putfile.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Cool, sounds just like what im doing. I couldnt get my engine to run N/A with the 36lb injectors and Chip, but I think the MAP sensor I thought was from a TGP got switched with a normal one somewhere allong the line, I'll just go out and pick up a new one. How much did that piping run? do you have a link or something from summit? Its really what is intimidating me about finishing the swap If I had a bunch of bends and stuff on hand I would be more prone to do it. What size did you use? My turbo is 2", so I think im going to stick with 2, then upsize at the IC which is 2.5, then upsize that when it hits the TB at 3" Sound like a plan?
I know you dont like my IC setup, but I dont really have the money to get one like yours, and I think my isolating it from the engine compartment with metal, it should be fine.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
you should be fine like that - but i ran 2.5 for all my intake plumbing between turbo and TB - and 3" from filter to turbo

just basic summit brand mandrel exhaust J bends - cut up with a sawsall and mig welded together, filled them with water to check for pinholes and spot welded any leaks.

if you isolate it from the engine compartment then it should be fine.. but you may need an additional decklid vent to get hot air out of the engine compartment

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 10-20-2005).]

I wear pants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsDirect Link to This Post
That sounds pretty sweet. Do you have a link to your build thread?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I wear pants:

That sounds pretty sweet. Do you have a link to your build thread?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044666-2.html

its been a bit neglected due to lack of interest -

PFF
System Bot
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
SOUNDS MEAN!!! Will it be ready for the Imports vs Domestic shootout on Nov 6th? I hope to get to the track before then to try some things but it keeps raining! On that intercooler...looks like you could put 2 fans on there side byside for even more cooling. jus a thought.

------------------
1985" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/445986
Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6 Intercooled
Best ET: 12.20@ 114.90 mph (street tires)
12.00 @ 112 mph (drag radials)

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

t76racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t76racerSend a Private Message to t76racerDirect Link to This Post
I dont know how I missed that video! Have you drove it yet? I bet it will be super fun! Good work
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Did you do the Dr. Frankstein " ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" when you got it running?

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.48@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.708

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

SWEEEEEEETTT!!!! You sir, just sold me on an engine swap!! I love that sound.... I took a peak at your thread, and am I reading right, there are glass packs ??? Awesome job on the install........

edit: Forgot to ask, why you would go with glass packs....Personal thing??? Or was it a sound inducing thing.........

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 10-21-2005).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by Kohburn:

http://media.putfile.com/AVI_0687

incase people were curious about the sound of a 3.4 DOHC and never look at my build thread (which i've been neglecting lately)

yes thats the BOV doing what it does - and without the engine even seeing boost yet - when driving and getting the engine into boost range the BOV is much more distinct

HI all,

Ok, ok, who else did a right click, save as??? This sound is what you really need for your car!!
Did you build the exhaust after Erik's car??? How much of a help was dohcfiero.com??

And forgive my stupidity, but what is a BOV???

edit: Are all 3.4 dohc engines obd1??

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 10-21-2005).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
the glass packs I was led to by lildevil and soulcrusher - they have them on their 3800sc's and i liked the sound (and the small size so i could keep my trunk)

BOV = blow off valve - it releases pressure between the turbo and throttle body when you close the throttle

dohcfiero.com was mia when i was doing my build so it wasn't much help - most the help I had was from the other fellas doing 3.4 swaps about the same time as me bouncing ideas back and forth.

most of the 3.4dohc engines are obd1 or 1.5 .. personally I didn't even use a 3.4 dohc ecm - I used one from a 90 turbo grand prix - probably not the easiest way to go about things since it seems the 3.4dohc computer can easily be reprogrammed to accept a 2 bar map sensor.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by lildevil:

SOUNDS MEAN!!! Will it be ready for the Imports vs Domestic shootout on Nov 6th? I hope to get to the track before then to try some things but it keeps raining! On that intercooler...looks like you could put 2 fans on there side byside for even more cooling. jus a thought.

I originally thought so too - but there is only room for one between the tranny mount and the a/c - atleast is a 1200-1400cfm unit
this weather is really holding my progress back - I hope to get some road data logged so that darth can help me get the tune a lot better quickly, and then i can start turning up the boost

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 10-21-2005).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Lets see if this works - putfile kills Netscape on my computer.

RIGHT CLICK / SAVE AS:

HERE

Sounds pretty good as well. I will have to check out the build thread.

--Allen

caddyrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caddyrocketSend a Private Message to caddyrocketDirect Link to This Post
http://x802.putfile.com/videos/b8-29207092547.avi

http://s2.putfile.com/videos/29216115928.wav

[This message has been edited by caddyrocket (edited 10-24-2005).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock