Started on: 08-17-2005 06:58 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: RACE on 08-18-2005 05:45 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday, Tstroud, Lambo, and I had a little informal get together. We thought we would share some video of our day.

The movie can be downloaded through a link a little farther down this page. (9+ megs)

Enjoy.

------------------
87 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-16-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
HaHa, very good!!!!!

Archie

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Your killing me!
Thanks for sharing.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Here's a more permanenenenenenent link:

right-click, "save as" Dang, me wants a convertable now...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 08-17-2005).]

Zreon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZreonSend a Private Message to ZreonDirect Link to This Post
Beat me to it Fierorumor . Anyways, heres another link if for some reason the others fail.

http://fiero.xserverz.com/Videos/V8%20version%20b.wmv

Nice video btw, really makes me want a v8

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
wow! I want a V8!!!!!! and a convertible.

------------------

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
That's cool, nothing like a V8 !! Why didn't you get on the Quad 4? I would've liked to have heard it turn up. Nice video tho.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
How about some more info on the cars? Both V8s sounded awesome!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

That's cool, nothing like a V8 !! Why didn't you get on the Quad 4? I would've liked to have heard it turn up. Nice video tho.

Thank you. We had a lot of fun making it.

To answer the question, we had two V8 cars at our disposal. Another reason is that it did not belong to me and out of respect for Lambo we were nice to it. Besides, it would have been anti-climactic.

The Quad 4 is a solid power plant for a lovely car. Lambo claims 35 mpg. It is paired with its original 5-speed transmission and drives excellent. This car is driving pleasure. Beating on it was not necessary for full enjoyment.

Formula88,

These were the cars in attendance. From left to right: Mine - Duke auto, Tim's - 350 Isuzu, the rest were Lambo's Quad 4, his V8 with a cryo treated TH-125 (He was worried about breaking axels not the trans) and his V6. For more in depth information we will have to wait for them to reply as I am unable remember specifics about each drive train.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-17-2005).]

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
"This is the way they should have been..."

You got THAT right!

Great video!! The V8's sounded soooooo sweeeet...
Thanks for posting that.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here*

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Kenton, glad you had some fun. I've always liked the informal get together where you can get out and drive the cars and not worry about judging and cleaning. Just a lot more relaxed. Here's a couple more pics that I took that night.

My three

PFF
System Bot
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I had a good time too and I also like the informal meets where you can go for (and give) rides.
I should have got a picture of RACE's big smile after getting two V8 rides.
Anyone notice how fast we caught up to that semi that was going 55 mph?

Who says an isuzu can't handle a V8? Mine gets treated that way almost every day and I got 4 years out of the first one and almost 2 years out of this one so far.(still counting) The Centerforce DF seems to be holding up so far too, but just barely.
Anyway, I sure am happy I get to drive a V8 fiero every day! Thanks Archie!!

87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertDirect Link to This Post
Great video!!!!! I have to say that the sound of those V8s is really awsome. I like top down motoring but nothing compares with neck snapping acceleration and lots of tire smoke!

Rolland

t-bird1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t-bird1963Send a Private Message to t-bird1963Direct Link to This Post
OMG I have to get one NOW. I was going to go with the 3.4 but oh H*** no. That just sounds GREAT.
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Does the Auto pull as hard as the 5-speed V8? I'm still undecided if I want to go through the trouble of converting to 5 speed when I do the swap or not. AWWSOME

Matt

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
The auto had about 100 more horses. It pulled hard. Lambo was only at about 3/4 throttle too. He had recently destroyed a drive-shaft and was not interested in shredding another one.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock