Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  This past weekend we took a trip up to Montreal and look what we saw...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This past weekend we took a trip up to Montreal and look what we saw... by Fiero5
Started on: 08-02-2005 08:34 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Fiero5 on 08-05-2005 11:43 PM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Fieros!

We came accross Benoit (Fieroman) and Roxan and their repair/body shop. Guess what they specialize in :

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 08-02-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
4.9 PFI FIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Golden 86 your not alone.

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
A few more pics from the day...

Cool rims

Here is Benoit and Roxan next to their in process of being restored Indy

Here is Alayne and I with Benoit and his large collection of Fieros out back

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Then sadly it was time to go

Since where they are is only a few hours away for us (Montreal is just a little more than two hours itself) we are going to hopefully be able to go back up in a week or so and meet up with Benoit, Roxan and some of the other FieroMontreal club members and cruise to a show together and then another time do a Fiero get together dinner or something.
It was a very cool surprise and they were very nice people.

You can see Benoit and Roxans Fieros and some of the other club members Fieros here on the Montreal Fiero club web site:
http://www.fieromontreal.com/en/member/index.html

Steve & Alayne

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 08-02-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
you know youve got it bad when you go to another country (yes, i know, it's "only" canada) and spend the day looking at fieros.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

you are no longer with your wife?

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I drove thru there week before last, and along the 102 in either montreal or quebec, (not looking at a map atm)
I saw a lambo dealership. But the sad thing was seeing the diablo's on the 2nd floor of the showroom, behind
big glass windows, covered in dust.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

Steve,

you are no longer with your wife?

Nope. Divorced and have full custody of the kids.
My Fiance' is one of the best things that ever happened to me

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I wish I had a place like that only a few hours away. Nice pics and thanks for sharing! Congrats on your financee

------------------

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Not so sad really. Just stop in and ask to see what else they have. I did that a few years ago and they took me in a huge cargo elevator and we went down 1 - 2 floors and opened up their "Vault" My jaw hit the floor. Rolls Royces, Ferraris Lambo Countachs, Diablos, Lotus, You name it its down there! At least 5-6 of each.
Rich
They let me get in a countach. Though they acted like I was wasting their time. I was. Showed up in an 89 Nissan Pulsar. LOL.

Originally posted by 8Ball:

I drove thru there week before last, and along the 102 in either montreal or quebec, (not looking at a map atm)
I saw a lambo dealership. But the sad thing was seeing the diablo's on the 2nd floor of the showroom, behind
big glass windows, covered in dust.

Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4.9 PFI FIERO:

Golden 86 your not alone.

That is a VERY nice color, but if you see my paint in person, it is no where near that. My sig at the bottom is kind of misleading.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TDirect Link to This Post
cool thread, funny too cause i was in Montreal this past long weekend (well it was long for Ontario ppl ha). but i took my VW Golf for the trip. fun city! hadnt been there in 7 or 8 years!

never knew there even was a Montreal Fiero club, hm, perhaps Ont. ppl can get a nice cruise to there sometime, its only 4 hours from Toronto...

i DID see about 10 Vipers on the opposite side of the 401 on both my to/and/from trips....wowzers

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Not so sad really. Just stop in and ask to see what else they have. I did that a few years ago and they took me in a huge cargo elevator and we went down 1 - 2 floors and opened up their "Vault" My jaw hit the floor. Rolls Royces, Ferraris Lambo Countachs, Diablos, Lotus, You name it its down there! At least 5-6 of each.
Rich
They let me get in a countach. Though they acted like I was wasting their time. I was. Showed up in an 89 Nissan Pulsar. LOL.

I wish I could have stopped, but it was midnight when I drove past, and I had been gone for 2 weeks, so needless to say I was anxious to get back to nova scotia.
MAybe next time I can show up in a 99 Toyota and check out a few cars

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
LOL And Alayne and I were in the Eclipse on our trip. Funny how all of us Fiero owners have been cruising in Canada on trips in "other" cars. Too funny.
Poncho Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Poncho JimClick Here to visit Poncho Jim's HomePageSend a Private Message to Poncho JimDirect Link to This Post
What Pontiac had this type of wheel ??? I can't say I've ever seen this design before..

[This message has been edited by Poncho Jim (edited 08-03-2005).]

GTRox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTRoxSend a Private Message to GTRoxDirect Link to This Post
The mags are from a Grand Am, though we do not know which year.

The forest green Fiero is undergoing a swap from a 2.5 to a 3.8 supercharged - it is almost finished. We had to rebuild the frame as there was a lot of rust (you know our Canadian winters...)

The gold is finished, I had some scoop rocker panels put on along with a chin. She is just beautiful ...... pics to come. I am sure Steve will post some as he is coming to one of our car shows in Aylmer, Quebec this Sunday.

Anyone who is interested, our Garage ( A a Z Mecanique) is located at 1242 Route 133, Sabrevois Quebec which is the highway you are on when you cross the border at Philipsburg ( I-89).

Regards,

Benoit & Roxan

[This message has been edited by GTRox (edited 08-04-2005).]

olaf_fiero27

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post
wow do you have any more pictures of the cooper colored GT there, some nice mods done to that one.

Nice pics, nice to see a shop that specializes in Fieros!

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
So, since we are planning on meeting up with a groupe from the Fiero Montreal club and going to this big car show in Aylmer Quebec this Sunday, it was pointed out to me by some from the club that it would be cool if I could bring my Indy Pace Car. Apparently they have yet to have an Indy Fiero at this show and really wanted me to bring mine. Sadly, I had not registered or inspected it yet for this year. However I quickly called and explained the situation to the local garage that always inspects our Fieros and the owner was willing to try and sneak me in for an inspection for my Indy at 4pm today. This was all taking place early yesterday afternoon so getting a spot like that in a day is pretty amazing, for around here anyway. Now, the local town office that I need to register the Indy at first before I can get it inspected is only open Monday thru Thursdays, so I cannot register it on Friday (don't ask me why), so we had to get it done by the end of that day yesterday and it was already almost 2pm, so having to do it sometime before 4pm yesterday we had just a little over 2 hours left. Tick, tick, tick...
If we could get it registered before the end of the day then we had to hope that the Indy would pass the inspection on Friday with out any last minute needs that we might not be able to fix quickly enough. Now I knew that it "should" pass as I haven't taken it anywhere much other than a few local shows/events and maybe on a local car club cruise once in a great while since it passed last year. Of course I also did that pacing the speedway in Claremont last year to help celebrate the Indy Fieros 20th anniversary and all..but that is of course another story

Since I moved from one town to another last November, when we got to the town office in Plainfield I used to live in and did this all the time, the lady there looks at all the paperwork and says that I have to now go to the town office at the new town I now I live in, even though my paperwok I received in the mail about my registration renewels says I can still do it in Plainfield. Now I still own a home in Plainfield so I was a bit confused to hear this. Not having time to argue as we were running a very tight schedule to get to these places before they all close, we blast back out of there and head back up to the other town office trying to catch them before they close. We get up to the window and they look at the paperwork and we explain what we just went thru and she says no problem...all I have to do is show them some records and documents that prove that I own a home and have a residence in the town. Of course I don't have anything like that on me and there is now absolutely no time left to run home and get it and get back with it. However the lady then lets me fill out some obscure form I had never heard of before that apparently does the same thing and she then verified thru her computer that I owned a home there and they could use that form to show I am a resident. Very wierd but at that point I was thinking, hey whatever works you know. So then we go to pay, but we can only pay for "some" of the registeration, but not all because it has been more than 60 days since my registeration was due and so they can't just give me the stickers to put on my vanity plates. They say I now have to go the DMV to get that part now so they can verify that my "Indy-1" plate is still available for me. It is now just about 4 pm and the clerk at the town office says that the DMV closes at 4:15pm. The DMV is just however down the street so off we go again. We get there pretty quickly with still 10 minutes to spare and their is only one guy in there and he is already at the window. So I am thinking this is great, how long can one guy take? Well, I will tell you...this one guy in line ahead of us was doing 8 registrations all at once and they still have 5 to go. Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, ...finally they are done and it is now 4:25, so well past the closing time of 4:15pm.  Luckily she was nice and she took me anyway and it went real quick so we finally had the Indy Fiero registered.

That was all yesterday afternoon. So today at around 3pm I get home and quickly before I headed out I checked to make sure all of the side markers/bulbs and so forth worked ok on the Indy. It's a good thing I did as one rear passenger side marker light did not work. The bulb was ok, but the little socket that the bulb sits in was corroded. I took a small emery board to the socket and after a few minutes I finally got the bulb to work. When I got to the inspection station everything went fine...until...they asked me to honk the horn. I hit the horn button...and nothing. I popped off the horn button and sadly noticed that the little spring and plastic tube was missing. Hmmm, must have borrowed it awhile back for another Fiero. Darn. Sigh..ok no problem, my Dad lives a few minuites away from the inmspection station and with lots of Fieros at his place as well...I call him and explain what I need.
He arrived just in time as the the guy was just finishing up checking out the Indy and giving it a thumbs up, except for waiting for me to get the horn to work. I also had by that time a bunch of garage workers and a few customers who were now checking out the Indy and asking to see the pace lights blink. While this was going on my Dad got in the Fiero and popped in the spring mech and popped the horn button back on and...pushed the horn button and....nothing. Sigh... So now I am thinking maybe blown fuse, but my Dad doesn't think so and slides under the nose and looks at the horn itself and quickly noticed that one wire to the horn was off. He popped it back on and we hit the horn button and...HONK!! Well, it didn't actually go HONK!..more like -heenk- you know how bad/weak the '84 Fiero horns sound..but it worked and my Indy got an inspection sticker!
That was at 4:30pm. At 6pm there was an event about 30 minutes away in a town called Canaan. It was there old home days event this evening and it included a car cruise from 6 to 8. So here is the 3 Fieros we took:
My Dad (87V6GT) took his '87 Blue GT of course:

I drove my Tiger Fiero:

And Alayne drove the Indy:

Here are a few more pics from this evening:

Steve

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
Is there anyway you can get you hands on the GFX on this car. I believe the Rockerpanels and Rear are Kamei. If so please PM me.

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I know those very well. We have a set of the side ground effects that we then slightly modified on Jordans '85:

We obviously didn't use the rear section at all. Jordan didn't like the way it looked.

The set you see on that red T-Top however is owned by Benoit and Roxan.
You can contact them directly and ask. Here is their e-mail:
bigras.b@videotron.ca

Hope that helps

Steve

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock