Started on: 07-24-2005 03:53 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Russ544 on 07-25-2005 11:23 PM
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
Time to get the sbc car ready for next weekends show/cruise/party so I pulled the wheels off the $500.oo Formula I bought a month ago (the car ain't bad either) and cleaned them up, removed a dab of road rash from one, bought a new center cap for another and replaced two of the tires. I had some refinished GT rims on this car before, and I wasn't real sure about this style of rim for a senior citizen like myself but........... ya know...... I think I kinda like em' .............and the chicks dig em to . Maybe us old farts do just need a little more bling in our lives

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Nothing wrong with bling - The 60+ crowd is entitled

------------------

SC3800

Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

heck no.... I'm only 55

FrugalFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure those can actually be called "Bling". They look good. True bling (ya know like 22" spinners on a rusty 82 Monte Carlo) is not attractive to most of us 40+ guys!

------------------
Tim
Red 88 Formula Auto 2.8 100K+ Miles

I don't care how much money you have, free stuff is always a good thing.

Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

I'm not sure those can actually be called "Bling". They look good. True bling (ya know like 22" spinners on a rusty 82 Monte Carlo) is not attractive to most of us 40+ guys!

Any wheel over 14" that shines is bling when your over 40

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Can we see more pics of your car please ?

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

True bling (ya know like 22" spinners on a rusty 82 Monte Carlo) is not attractive to most of us 40+ guys!

Hey !!!!!!!
Leave my car out of this !!

Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Can we see more pics of your car please ?

oh absolutly

DrFunk234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrFunk234Send a Private Message to DrFunk234Direct Link to This Post
i want your ^hood^, lol
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Awesome hood,, right color too. We have to talk. You have a pm.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Very nice looking car,..kinda afraid to ask but, maybe a few more pics hehehe.

Love the hood, love the side vents (where from), and love the wing. Are those 5" wing stands ?

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

Time to get the sbc car ready for next weekends show/cruise/party so I pulled the wheels off the $500.oo Formula I bought a month ago (the car ain't bad either) and cleaned them up...

Sounds great, buy a set of rims and tires for 5oo.oo and get a free FORMULA!

Nice look BTW

--Allen

------------------

Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Very nice looking car,..kinda afraid to ask but, maybe a few more pics hehehe.

Love the hood, love the side vents (where from), and love the wing. Are those 5" wing stands ?

I don't have any more (recent) pics handy sorry.
Numerous people have inquired about the hood via PM so I'll answer here as well. I made the hood vents myself, so no they aren't for sale (unless you want to buy the car for 20K or so ) I made the ones on this car a couple years ago and liked it so well that I duplicated it on my more recent IMSA widebody project. when I did that I made a poster board pattern large enough to just lay on the hood and have it referenced to the front and sides so it can just be marked on the hood and cut out. If anyone wants me to make a pattern like this for them to use on there own car I'd be willing to make and ship them for about what it would cost me. I expect that would mean about $10.oo each, shipped in the USA.
After the hood opening is cut out, the inner structure is removed from that portion, then triangular side pieces are made from fiberglass sheet to set the pieces back into the hood. a little routine body work and paint and you have a hood vent. I used some screen from a stock rear "sewer grate" to keep the beer cans out of the rad fan. The side vents are made in a similar fashion btw.
edit to add: the wing stands are from Fiero Warehouse (Sage Glassworks) and yes they are the 5" variety.

[This message has been edited by Russ544 (edited 07-25-2005).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock