Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Here’s a place in the Vancouver BC area for anyone who needs clutch or tranny work.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Here’s a place in the Vancouver BC area for anyone who needs clutch or tranny work. by Patrick
Started on: 06-21-2005 05:18 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Patrick on 06-28-2005 06:08 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Okay, we usually hear about places that rip us off, but here’s a business that appears to be a good place to take our Fieros (or any car) for clutch and/or transmission work.

It’s called Mr Clutch and it’s located at 6810 Sellers Avenue (Kingsway & Imperial) in Burnaby BC. Phone number is 604-437-3797.

Fellow forum member Capt Fiero suggested to me in This thread to check out Mr Clutch in regards to re-surfacing my flywheel. I had been informed by another local forum member that they had been charged $50(Cdn) to have their flywheel re-surfaced elsewhere. Mr Clutch charged me half that amount, $25(Cdn), and they did it while I waited.

The other reason that I’m recommending this place is that they are Fiero friendly. I talked with the owner, Marvin Clark, for quite awhile, and he made it quite clear that they’ve always welcomed Fieros coming through the bay doors. (Most of us know that often this isn’t the case.) I asked him what their labour charges were to replace a clutch in a Fiero. It’s just under $350(Cdn). Parts are extra of course. I think that’s pretty fair when you consider all the work that’s involved. I probably wouldn't have taken my Fiero all apart in my driveway if I had known about this place earlier!

Mr Clutch has been in business fixing automatic and manual transmissions since 1963. That’s pretty amazing in this day and age of fly-by-night operations. Give them a shot, you’ll probably be pleased. Tell Marvin you heard about him here!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

<bump> for the after dinner crowd here in BC.
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you got it all taken care of.

Arminta aka Minty, got her Fiero clutch done there a month or so ago. She ended up needing a lot More than just a clutch though. I think she ended up with 700 bucks part and labour out the door. They had to replace, mounts, seals, gaskets and such. Her's was an 84 with the 4spd Muncie in it.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

She ended up needing a lot More than just a clutch though. I think she ended up with 700 bucks part and labour out the door. They had to replace, mounts, seals, gaskets and such.

That sounds about right. Marvin told me they don't use cheap clutches (like the DynaPak I bought elsewhere ). I forget the names he mentioned (LuK was one), but he said they cost about $300(Cdn). Add that to the $350 that I was quoted for labour and $700 is certainly in the ballpark.

As expensive as it may seem to be at first glance, the job is done in one day, and I got the definite impression that they know how to do it right.

fsrowsell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellDirect Link to This Post
$350.00 is will worth it... Unless you really like getting your hands dirty....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Getting dirty hands isn't bad, it's getting that damn tranny out of there (and back in!) that's the challenge.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock