Started on: 04-20-2005 10:18 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: THE BEAST on 07-26-2005 02:18 PM
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
As the topic indicates. I have 2 Northstar engines. Package deal. One is supposed to have less than 500 miles, the other is blown. Not sure what is wrong with the blown engine, but good for parts.
Both are long blocks minus intake and manifolds.
I will bring them to the Fiero Factory Swap Meet if anyone is interested. Will give someone a cheap deal if you want them. But I don't want to haul them there unless someone will take them off my hands.
Also have a 87 2.5 complete w/ wiring harness.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
ronnie how much are you wanting for the good 4.9 N*? I am looking to put a new engine in the coupe.

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I'll give a deal for both , need to get them out of my way. The N* is a 4.6. Not your everyday swap either. I'm waiting for offers on the engine.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Ronnie is the one good engine a long block or a fully dressed engine?

JG

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

ronnie how much are you wanting for the good 4.9 N*? I am looking to put a new engine in the coupe.

N* is 4.6
aluminum tractor engine is 4.9

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

aluminum tractor engine is 4.9

Hey now!

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Both engines are longblock. No intake or manifolds as stated in opening statement. No wiring harness either. These are just the engines.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
back to the top. Anyone coming to the swap meet? Would make it worth the trip.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
here is a picture of a 2000-2004 N*

and here is a picture of the valve covers from a 1995-1999 N*

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Well , that's good , mine must be the earlier model by the pictures.
PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

Well , that's good , mine must be the earlier model by the pictures.

the blown engine you have is the 93-99 version, the good engine is the 2000-2004. for someone who has not invested in an aftermarket computer for the older engines this newer version would be a great deal.

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

cptsnoopy

2585 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I just got off the phone with the guys that make the "Link" computers. If I understood the guy right there made in New Zealand. <sp>?

for a complete wire harness and computer $2780
for a computer with a 2 meter DIY harness with a plug kit for the northstar $1600 (approx)
for just the link computer $1350

now, does anyone want to buy my brand new holley 950 commander with wiring harness and narrowband o2 sensor so i can buy Ronnies engine and go get a Link computer?

seriously though, Ronnie's engine and about the same price as the Holley for the Link computer and you would be on your way to a great running engine swap...

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Charlie , I'll take another picture of the engine , but before you give up , I think the valve covers are like yours in the picture of the older version. I'll PM you the picture. And , if you wouldn't mind posting the pics for me , I'd appreciate it if you could. I can't post pics with PIP.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:

Charlie , I'll take another picture of the engine , but before you give up , I think the valve covers are like yours in the picture of the older version. I'll PM you the picture. And , if you wouldn't mind posting the pics for me , I'd appreciate it if you could. I can't post pics with PIP.

you are right about the older one being like mine. if I understood what you were saying correctly it has a problem with it. if it were the good engine i would be all set...

here are the pictures of Ronnie's engines:

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 04-25-2005).]

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Last time I'm bumping this .
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Ronnie,
Do you still have the N-star core engine?

If you still have your core engine I will like to buy the "oil filter adapter". (This is where the two Oil cooler hoses and the Oil filter attach to the engine)

Please email me with your price!

JG

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to check it to be sure if the adapter is there. But , yes , I still have both engines.
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I got your PM

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock