Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Pulled my Supercahrged motor out today {Pictures} (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pulled my Supercahrged motor out today {Pictures} by Rborecky
Started on: 02-05-2005 08:25 PM
Replies: 120
Last post by: ohio86se on 07-15-2005 10:35 PM
Rborecky

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2005 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer,, I can taste the fuel coming out of the exhaust now. By the way that is all 6' 4" of me. More pictures to come once I get the red cradle back. Rick B

IP: Logged
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
mmmm ok now clean up the tranny to go with the pretty engine !!
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
great job of course.
one question...what is that black stuff on the welds of the exhaust?

im getting my car back together after rebuilding the rusted out frame rails.
ill be starting on the new carpet next.

ill see you sunday.

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2005 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Rick. I got my tires today...Hope they ride as good as they look. When do you get the cradle back?

------------------

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
I got my tires the other day and here is a link to the rims I am waiting for. I cant wait to see how they will look. The cradle comes back Tuesday next week I hope. I had plenty of extra paint left from the car so he is using that and then putting a clear coat that is higher chip resistant over it. Rick B
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7962800103&s sPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

------------------
President of Cleveland Fieros
www.clevelandfieros.com

[This message has been edited by Rborecky (edited 04-08-2005).]

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:

great job of course.
one question...what is that black stuff on the welds of the exhaust?

I'm guessing it is an anti-rusting agent. The welds are normally the first place to start rusting, therefore a lot of times people put anti-rusting paint over thw welds.

------------------

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is high heat engine paint with ceramic in it. The joints were starting to rust so we hit them with a wire brush and painted them last week. I actually painted the exhaust today all but the tips.
I used Eagle One Wheel cleaner the Etches the alluminum on the trans last week. We then scrounch padded it today then rubbed in Eagle One Never Dull followed by a good buffing and it looks pretty good now.
Look at Harry Killowat putting the electrical in Hehehehe. We are now waiting for the cradle to come back from the paint shop and were off to the races then. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
ill see you tommorow at the club meeting. ill be bringing my truck so we can load it up...hahahahahahahaha

------------------

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2005 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
That is what the long cord is for,,, so you can pull it home hahahaha. I figured I would toss in a joke to this thread. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Were heading down the home stretch and she's locked in. Our mounts were not what they should be and ticked us off a bit but after some mod's we got it straight. PuplRein needs to get his guy in line a bit more or I got a made wrong set???
Here is where we stand now. Tomorrow is trans cooler, oil in and trans fluid, hook up fuel lines, and electrical to mention a few. With some luck I will bring it back to life this weekend.
Man does old Blower oil stick. I almost puked as it is horrible and is like someone's bung hole and old nasty cheese mixed together with some maggots to boot. Rick B

[This message has been edited by Rborecky (edited 04-19-2005).]

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Hey, just a quick question for ya. How did you cut the muffler? I'm mainly concerned about the internals? Did you just cut them right along with the body, and just weld the end with the outlet back on? Any additional info about that would be awesome.

Eric

PFF
System Bot
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
^^^ Same question.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone know? Also, how is the moofler supported, so as to not crack pipes, or the manifold?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
get a flex pipe ( off ebay cheap) for the exhaust.

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp., fastest one in Austin,Texas and surrounding areas.........so far

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

get a flex pipe ( off ebay cheap) for the exhaust.

DITTO on that!!

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2005 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Don cut the muffler on the single outlet side about 3" inwards then ground off the original weld on the edge which opened up and there is a inside flange on the outside edge we reinserted into the muffler. We only shortened the chamber that was opened and if you look in one of these mufflers you can see this area. The hangers are in about the same area they were originally but outwards a touch with Universal hangers hooked to the original brackets. Don did that last night while I did tons of other small things. The brackets are about center and the exhaust is so light it isn't even funny. I carried it outside to paint in a 40 MPH wind and it pushed it in my hand. I am not worried about it cracking anything at this point. I did put the heat shield material against the trunk and smacked the shield in a bit to make sure we had enough clearance and were are about 1" away so I am happy and 1/2 or more away from the cradle. I will try to get a few pictures tongiht of this.
All fluids are in, new 3.4 pulley arrived in less than 12 hours from ZZPerformance which thru me for a loop. What great customer service and sales people. www.zzperformance.com Well Don should chime in here to answer any other tech questions on the muffler that I missed. More pictures to come and maybe a few of some of the mod's we made shortly. Thanks,,Rick B
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Rick told me to chime in and talk a little on modifying the muffler. All of the work was done on the single tube side. There is nothing in the way when you cut from this side. measure in 3" from the single tube side of the muffler and scribe your lines all around the muffler. Then just cut the muffler in half. You can use a cut off wheel or a band saw like I did. After you are done cutting you will need to grind, just the weld off the edge of the 3" section, to obtain the single tube, end cap. Then, just weld the end cap back onto the muffler.

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
any updates?

------------------

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2005 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rborecky:

Were heading down the home stretch and she's locked in. Our mounts were not what they should be and ticked us off a bit but after some mod's we got it straight. PuplRein needs to get his guy in line a bit more or I got a made wrong set???
Here is where we stand now. Tomorrow is trans cooler, oil in and trans fluid, hook up fuel lines, and electrical to mention a few. With some luck I will bring it back to life this weekend.
Man does old Blower oil stick. I almost puked as it is horrible and is like someone's bung hole and old nasty cheese mixed together with some maggots to boot. Rick B

Tell us more about the mounts and do you have pictures. I will have a new strong front mount soon.. PM me for details.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowfierogt:

Tell us more about the mounts and do you have pictures. I will have a new strong front mount soon.. PM me for details.

Let it go Tony..thanks

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Let it go Tony..thanks

I'm sure its worth more than to just Tony on this Forum. I'm about to send purple $7-800 on mounts, I'm would like to know what issues he had with the mounts as well...

As stated, pictures or details about how you had to modify the mounts would be appreciated.

PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

I'm sure its worth more than to just Tony on this Forum. I'm about to send purple $7-800 on mounts, I'm would like to know what issues he had with the mounts as well...

As stated, pictures or details about how you had to modify the mounts would be appreciated.

I understand...this is the first i have ever heard of his mounts beening off..

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
I will post a note over each photo of the problem we had. On this 1st one it is the mount behind the drivers seat for the trans. It was off pushing the mount away from the trans and the holes. when we put the small bolts in it had the bottom flat angled upwards on the inside. I had to drill and tap another hole as you see and tighten it down to pull the mount down. It is still lifted up a hair.

in this picture of the front mount you can see the overhang of the front engine mount.

in this picture you see the inside of the front mount that I had to drill a new hole while torqing the mount as much towards the cradle to keep it on the flat. You can also see the original hole on the mount and where we drilled the new one to go in the cradle hole.

and here is one with the new smaller pulley and hood struts in.

We are going ot run a diagnositc on the computer as the injectors will not fire. Loyde was nice enough to send anothe rcomputer incase it was his fault but that wasnt the case. We havent worked on it much the last week or so that is why there wasnt a update. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

[This message has been edited by Rborecky (edited 04-21-2005).]

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2005 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post

Rborecky

675 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Not going well as we drop to 8.5 volts when we try to start the car. I am going to swap out starters tomorrow to se if this is the problem as when it was in the Riviera I had a hard time starting it but once it started it ran great. Maybe this was the last leg for the starter and it has been out before as the wrong bolt was in it. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
The Beast has sung. We started it up tonight after Loyde spent some time trying to get my Hybrid computer to trans and engine year to a later computer. Kind of a Cluster F- well you know what I mean. I cant thank Loyde enough for the time he has spent helping us and working the PCM magic. I had not worked on it all week since my back went south and seen the doctor then bought a Inversion table today. WOW does that thing let the disks loose and make your face look real fat upside down hahahaha.

Loyde wants to work a bit more magic and then we should take some videos of it. We have to wrap up some loose ends and were ready for cruises. Updates soon. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
i got the pleasure of driving this piece of art yesterday at the cleveland fieros club outing yesterday and all i have to say is wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. this machine runs as good as it looks which is pretty damn good. good job rick b.and don zeyer and everybody who helped. i know rick really appreciates all the dedicated hard work loyde put into the ecm programming. i cant wait until i get back to my 3800sc swap. i recieved my speciii clutch, motor mount bracket,new oil pan and dropped off the flywheel to get machined. ill be documenting the swap when i get into it. ive got dog bone/tensioner bracket fabbed, the alternator in its low mount position and the fuel rail rotated. loyde is currently working on my harness and ecm.

------------------

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2005 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
I was glad to give free rides and see smiles on peoples faces. I had not updated the thread as we were to busy test driving and being happy hahahahaha. As Rick said Loyde has been a great help as I had a rarer set up with the programming we had to get done. The car rides super and launches great. I actually gave a guy a ride and while cleaning the car out to get ready for our first outing of the year found his pen and box of mints behind the seat. We laughed so hard because we know the G-forces took them out.
Don Zeyer was my number one guy on the wiring and help with fabricating. He had plenty of the specialty tools I need and a welder so without him I wouldn't even be close to finished.
We had 37 people at the outing and a few were from the North Coast Pontiac Chapter {POCI} which we get together with on occasions. This is why you will see a Firebird in the photos. Our convoy was long and not one light cut us off so the ride was nice. Below are some pictures and I have put over 100 miles of flawless driving on the car so far and I mean flawless which makes me proud.
Also Not sure why some pictures hav a button to click on to see unless it is the size so please click the little IMAGE buttons also. Rick B

The ride out

The Group at Lunch
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

The groups cars & Rick Laney getting ready to take a test drive in the SC

Don and I I'm in the left

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

[This message has been edited by Rborecky (edited 05-08-2005).]

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post

Rborecky

675 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Well a update.... I launched the car this morning and a few neighbors seen the right front wheel come off the ground. I was amazed when they told me and was still wondering if they were pulling my leg. I left a car show to night and was jumping on it for a few to see how quick it moves and got both wheels off the ground with witnesses again. I actually felt it move a few inches over this time and new it. I guess these Bridgestone G-force tires are grabbing pretty well. I will try to get video of this as I know folks hearing about it wont believe it but the folks who have seen it are as amazed as I am. Oh and thanks Loyde at Fast Fieros of Dallas Texas for the great programming. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I got to see the car in person saturday. VERY nice. Clean install. I should have stayed and went with you guys. Sounds like you guys had fun. If you want I can drive the car, That way you can see in person if the wheel is coming off the ground

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
86SE VERT (building soon)
85 COUPE

fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogDirect Link to This Post
looks great rick!! I am working on getting my collectors plates so I can finally start cruising with you guys.
later
Adam
SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post
I test drove the car Saturday...it's really fast and controllable and looks great too. Nice wheels by the way.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
FieroGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGeorgeSend a Private Message to FieroGeorgeDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

I have been folowing your transplat from the begining one word awesome!

George

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2005 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Well the rain kept allot of cars away today so we were able to get a trophy for the Top 10 cars. My oldest was tickled at our 1st with the new paint and engine. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2005 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Newest addition to the engine compartment is a Mirror. I got a hold of some fairly thick Plexiglas/mirror and made a template so it would have some area to touch Velcro to. After some ban sawing and sanding the edges smooth its in place for shows. People seem to walk by the Fiero more often than look so this should get them over a bit more. Rick B

[This message has been edited by Rborecky (edited 05-19-2005).]

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
wow good job again....keep it up

------------------

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Well I have the car in a local Mall this weekend for a show called the Cops & Rodders. It was a ball driving thru the mall and I was the 2nd car in out of 54 so I had to drive a long way. I was dieing to rev it but was a good boy. Rick B

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2005 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
My Photo hoster is costing allot of money monthly with all the pic's I have on it including these. Please save these if needed or email me in the future to get copies in .ZIP format. You can get a .ZIP file free from the internet. I will be taking them off shortly. Thanks and I hope I help some out with there swap. Rick B http://Rborecky@mindspring.com

[This message has been edited by Rborecky (edited 05-28-2005).]

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Well after a accident //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052023.html I had to put new rims on the car and Emblems in Gold now. We took it out and won 1st place for best Fiero so I was tickled. Here are a few pictures of it as it looks now. I still have to get a Video and pictures of the darn thing popping wheelies. I get pulled over by people hollering how they seen it and asking what in the heck is in that car. I love it and still Thank Loyde for his programming. Rick B

------------------
www.clevelandfieros.com

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your killing me

------------------

STRATOHACKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STRATOHACKERSend a Private Message to STRATOHACKERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rborecky:

Is that the official Mid-Ohio sign I see?
Looks like the Laney's got it to you.
Looking forward to seeing the car at Norwalk.

------------------

85 GT 4-speed
3.4 pushrod, 390 Holley carb, Edlebrock intake, MSD 6A ignition. 04 Gran Prix exhaust tips, Ported manifolds and lots more to go.
Richey

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock