interior swap or no swap, ww you do? by Dave E Bouy
Started on: 04-30-2005 01:36 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: dobey on 05-01-2005 12:13 PM
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
I have an 86 SE that is converted to an 85 GT. The interior is so so and light grey. I have another 86 SE parts car that has a dark grey interior that is superior in almost every way including the seats which are in mint condition. The GT has the speaker seats which I really love but the donor seats are not speakers. Is one style more desirable than the other? I think the speaker seats sound just fine. I'll never be one of those far out stereo guys. Does the stero sound alright with the speakers in the B pillar. Another option is just switching the seat bottoms around althought the bottoms don't exactly match the backs, What do you guys think?

Dave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
I'd do the swap if the SE interior is that much better, I'm not a audiophile so a decent set of pillar mount speakers work fine for me. Should be an easy weekend swap even if you do the dash. You did say the SE is simply a parts car, right? Whats wrong with it?

------------------
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... but they've always worked for me.

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Thanx DRA.
Thats what I thought but was afraid the speaker seats might have been something real special so I was reluctant to take them out. I actually think they sound pretty darn good and like the fact that the stereo is balanced for each person in the car. The parts car has a crankcase full of coolant. When I picked it for cheap I was planning to make a project out of it but when the car I modelled all my Fiero dreams on came up for sale I said the H with it and drove out o Maine to buy it. Drove it home, 880 miles almost incident free too (had a problem with the positive battery cable connector). Anyway the dash and seats in the donor are in very nice shape. They are the dark grey and the seats have a very nice looking leather strap and leather Fiero badge stitched into the backs the little pouchy thingies on the doors also have a nice leather Fiero badge stitched in. I will, however have to replace the dark grey console/glovebox/armrest because the donor is a little heat warped at some edges. Not exactly thrilled with the carpet on the donor ineer door skins either but c'est la vie.

Dave

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

I'd do the swap if the SE interior is that much better, I'm not a audiophile so a decent set of pillar mount speakers work fine for me.

OK next Q. Is the wiring in place up the B pillar when the car originally had speaker seats, or will I have to run some wire?

Dave

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
The 86 SE originally had b-pillar speakers, not seat speakers. But if it was converted to the 85 GT interior, it is very likely that the wiring was replaced as well, given that the harness was changed. I have a set of 85 GT seats that will be going into my 87 GT very soon, but I'm not going to hook up the speakers in them anytime soon. I think they are blown (the ones in the b-pillar and dash are blown too, I think). I'm just going to wait until I get ready to do the f-body interior upgrade, to switch all the speakers around. At that point, my Fiero will have the Monsoon system in it, I hope. I do like the look of the seats with speakers better. And, the ones I have, don't even have the tear in the driver's seat.

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

OK next Q. Is the wiring in place up the B pillar when the car originally had speaker seats, or will I have to run some wire?

Dave

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock