Started on: 04-24-2005 12:57 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: FieroBUZZ on 04-25-2005 12:11 PM
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
Any one install early Z34 hood vents on a fiero yet ? if so pics
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MiZer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
http://sytyarchives.com/gallery/albums/sy2424/abb.sized.jpg

there they are on an S10

they would look.. interesting at best on a fiero.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MiZer (edited 04-24-2005).]

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
They are quite large and heavy. To me they are shaped wrong to use as vents on the front hood. They only way I could find to make it look okay to me, was a single vent offset to one side. This means the hood will not look symetrical.

I have a set that I'm planning on using. Just not on the hood. I am working in a slightly raised front part of the rear decklid, eliminating the side grills. The Z34 vents are going in the slope where it drops to meet the trunk portion. I'll add a pic later.

[This message has been edited by FieroBUZZ (edited 04-24-2005).]

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
why do you need hood scoops? the engine is in the back.
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i thought about it and grabbed a set from the junkyard. here's what my plans were...

or...

disreguard the stratus under the hood. it was just a "bench" for me to use. i decided to go with a ZR1 cowl hood instead and sold the vents to a S-10 guy. but, this is what i HAD in mind anyway. if you do it. post pics. i think it will look great.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Greengoblin, people use engine vents on the hood to help vent the air prssure that builds up under the hood at speed. It can be so great that the headlight covers will blow open.
FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

why do you need hood scoops? the engine is in the back.

Thanks for the tip, I went round and gosh....there it was .... gone
Actually, my engine is on the passenger side, just behind the door.

He said vents, not scoops. They are to vent air pressure from the area behind the rad. The sloop of the frunk tends to cause lift as the air hits it. Some crazy drivers report headlight doors flying up at speed. Venting the area helps.

Austin

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustinSend a Private Message to AustinDirect Link to This Post
Archie has a nice hood. The "Warber Hood" kinda pricey but looks stock.

James Wall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James WallSend a Private Message to James WallDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I kind of like the set up you've got in that first pic...the v-shape towards the front of the hood, and with the vents/louvres/whatchamacallums pointed back like that, then wouldn't it act as a vent as opposed to a scoop? On the other hand, they may be a bit on the large side, but I like what you're getting at with that.

As for the second pic, um...no.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i like the first pic too, and had wanted a set to see how they'd sit in just that position. looks a little wide, but i still like it as an option or a starting point to make something else.

this is kind of what i've been asking the fiberglass manufactorers for as a match to a center rear vent similar to skitimes or the one kahines sells. it would give all the vents on the car a similar look.

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

i like the first pic too, and had wanted a set to see how they'd sit in just that position. looks a little wide, but i still like it as an option or a starting point to make something else.

this is kind of what i've been asking the fiberglass manufactorers for as a match to a center rear vent similar to skitimes or the one kahines sells. it would give all the vents on the car a similar look.

They look awful down low like that in person. Just too wide to be nice visually. Part of the problem is that they were originally mounted like pic #2 (but venting out to the side). The angle they are at is just too severe.

If you are using them to make a rear deck vent they would be ideal. The slats are a good size as well as the opening. It would be pretty easy to rig up a buck to allow f'glass ones the same to be rectangular, either two small ones or one full size across the area ahead of the rear trunk. Just make a small one from the center of one vent and then repeat it until you are at the width you want.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock