3800 owners, who's is this??? by SOULCRUSHER
Started on: 03-03-2005 08:58 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: SOULCRUSHER on 03-05-2005 09:54 AM
SOULCRUSHER

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post

I have this pic, but do not know where I got it. I want this bracket and was wondering where the owner got it. Or if he made it, can I get one made? I don't want chrome, just plain cheap metal, I will paint it myself. Thanks in advance.

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.52@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.735

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have no clue to who has that bracket but I dont think it is a good idea. I only say that becasue a guy locally had one that was mounted like that and with constant getting on it, it broke the alternator up where it was mounted too. Maybe it wasnt atttached the exact same but real close.
gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorDirect Link to This Post
I believe that mount came from West Coast Fieros. I have a friend who did the 3800 and, if I remember correctly, he got all his stuff from them. I don't know if they still offer it. My buddy did his swap 2 years ago.

Gary

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
I think that car is Boilermaker's 87 GT. He was one of the first to get a WCF developement dogbone bracket like that.

I will tell you one disadvantage to that dogbone configuration. If you are laying down 300 plus HP and you dump the clutch or snap a hard launch in an automatic, it torques that altenator enough to crack the ears. I have seen it happen on 2 already. A stock engine to about 275HP might do ok with that setup.

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 03-04-2005).]

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Okayyyyyyyyyy, so its not as good idea as i thought. I have well have 300 HP so it looks like i will have to go with a new lower dogbone that is under the engine. The existing one I have now isn't doing the job.
Thanks for the help guys! A plus for all.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock