Started on: 03-02-2005 08:23 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: 1fastcaddy on 03-05-2005 12:59 AM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Are there any police departments, sheriff, or highway patrol cars that are police cars? The reason why I ask, is because today I was going around the state of Kansas and came across a town called El Dorado, kinda a suburb of Wichita and I saw a 1st generation Toyota MR2 that was a police car. Said El Dorado Police and had cop lights and everything. I wish I had a camera or I would have taken a picture of it. I might go back there this weekend and bring a camera.

So I was just wondering if any police departments have a Fiero as a cruiser.

Many thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Harrison,OH had a dare car a while ago. They got rid of it in the late 1990's. I think there was another one in middle of Ohio somewhere.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Not sure where this was from.....

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

Fierobruiser for President 2008
" No Fiero left behind"

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Are there any police departments, sheriff, or highway patrol cars that are police cars? The reason why I ask, is because today I was going around the state of Kansas and came across a town called El Dorado, kinda a suburb of Wichita and I saw a 1st generation Toyota MR2 that was a police car. Said El Dorado Police and had cop lights and everything. I wish I had a camera or I would have taken a picture of it. I might go back there this weekend and bring a camera.

So I was just wondering if any police departments have a Fiero as a cruiser.

Many thanks

Never thought I'd see my old home town listed on Pennock's. Haven't been back there in a while, but it doesn't surprise me that they have the MR2, I'll bet it was a siezed car that they have put to use.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
Pantero Creations

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing one in North Carolina during the early 90's. It was a notchback.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
Casselberry PD had a DARE Fiero which was a siezed vehical. Powermajk may have pics of it as he is the current owner.
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post

http://www.fiero.org/cop.html

enjoy!

------------------

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Not sure where this was from.....

WOW, could they get a bigger Barney Fife light bar???

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I've had this link in my Fiero photo gallery for years. http://www.fiero.org/cop.html
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
In Hawaii my wife and I saw Transam's and other Misc Pontiac Cars used as Police Vech's... plus, gotta love it when they swarm people when they do over the speed limit.
powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikDirect Link to This Post
I am the current owner of a Casselberry Florida former DARE Fiero...I'll have to look around but I probably have pics of it when it was owned by the police department. The car in my sig. is how it looks now.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikDirect Link to This Post

powrmajik

786 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Took me a few minutes...but here it is...
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
And from another angle

See you in Daytona

Frank

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Dragon

1352 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by powrmajik:

I am the current owner of a Casselberry Florida former DARE Fiero...I'll have to look around but I probably have pics of it when it was owned by the police department. The car in my sig. is how it looks now.

You going to bring the car to Daytona in a couple of weeks?

powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikDirect Link to This Post
Depends if I can get it painted in time. It could very well be in the shop during the show. That would be thanks to the nice lady who placed the front of her car UP the rear of mine! I hope it will be done by then, I'm not getting anything fancy, just enough to get it covered and all one color again.
ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
a guy from the mi fiero club has one. he uses it in parades still. must have been used by police first?
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

And from another angle

See you in Daytona

Frank

Originally posted by powrmajik:

Took me a few minutes...but here it is...

HEY!! Both of you, Please upload both those pic's to the CFF Club site please. Frank, could you email me any pic's you have of the car please. thanksies

cjgable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
I spotted this one a few months ago

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20041015-1-042625.html

Chris

------------------
'87 2.8v6 5spd

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
What is DARE? If you don't mind.. I'm Canadian eh :P

------------------
Custom Fiero 2M4 - 3800 Swap Coming Soon?....

cooguyfish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

What is DARE? If you don't mind.. I'm Canadian eh :P

Drug Abuse Resistance Education

there is also another one called GREAT

Gand Resistance Education And Training

basically, when you are in grade school, a police officer would come in and teach you things. I still see my Dare officer from time to time.

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
DARE is a aniti-drug unit that goes to schools and stuff preaching to kids that drugs are bad.

Here is a website that shows a Fiero police car.

http://www.opg.org/4701/fiero/index.html

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Humm.. See normal police do that up here... Its interesting.. We have large vans / trucks that check for alc, drugs, basically just impared driving. Nothing really on a wide scale..
KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batboy:

drugs are bad.

No way! Man, these days it doesn't matter what you do, everything is bad somehow. First my Cocoa Puffs were too fulla sugar. Then my shoes turned out to be made by childern. Just last week I found out my cell phone will give me cancer, and now drugs too?!?! What's a guy supposed to do

------------------

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
so where do you stick the guy you arrested? oooo now i know why they made "luugage racks"!!!!

------------------

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

so where do you stick the guy you arrested? oooo now i know why they made "luugage racks"!!!!

they call for backup!!

------------------
Carbed 4.5l and 125c, made to be? And Im only 17. think about when Im 30!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock