The Bubbajoe Feature Article is now... by toddshotrods
Started on: 02-16-2005 07:36 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: toddshotrods on 02-17-2005 05:55 PM
toddshotrods

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe's Feature Article is now online on my site!

It is the first in a series on his project. You've actually seen it all here but I figured you might want to know. You might get a kick out of the "presentation" as well. This is my first official article, and I am happy that it is a Fiero. I have a long way to go in building my new online magazine, but I am serious about it being one of the best available - regardless of the format. In the process, I hope to help the Fiero gain some respect as bonafide hot rod material.

http://toddshotrods.com/geneticengineering.html

Let me know what you think,

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice write-up. Best of luck with your site!

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, loaded down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

88Fiero4Mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero4MulaSend a Private Message to 88Fiero4MulaDirect Link to This Post
Looks great and is for the most part well written—but coming from a freelance editor, to achieve mechanical excellence, make sure your commas and periods go inside their respective quotation marks, not outside. ;-)

Keep up the good work and good luck on future projects!

------------------
Käj Jorgensen
'88 Fiero Formula

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I have big plans for the future. Oh yeah, eliminating the banner ads is high on my list.

I could probably eliminate 90% of the grammatical errors myself, but I have to admit I'm am not really focusing on it right now. I kind of prefer the loose, not so technically correct, approach sometimes. I do appreciate your advise, and may pick up an editor for it eventually. That person may have to live with me "unfixing" some of their corrections though

------------------
todd's hot rods

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Let me know what you think,

Well Todd you know I'll tell'ya what I think and it's only to help you put out a better product..

The grammer is well .... . .. i don't care cause i can't spell anywhey

but.. . for the visual look of things it needs help. I'm not sure what your able to do with what you got but the artwork is too small and not enough for visual interest. You could throw in some nice collums or headers of art to make it just a lil more interesting.

your writing talent is different and a lil off the wall, which is refreshing and keeps one's interest once you decide to stay and read it through.
but i'm sure you'll do just fine and bring it up to a level that will make it one of the best.

I'm looking forward to reading future articles.

------------------

still plays with cars..

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fiero4Mula:

Looks great and is for the most part well written—but coming from a freelance editor, to achieve mechanical excellence, make sure your commas and periods go inside their respective quotation marks, not outside. ;-)

Keep up the good work and good luck on future projects!

Personally, I feel that a hyphen would have been more appropriate before the phrase "not outside" that concludes your sentence. I personally am outraged at the excessive use of commas exhibited in modern society. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Lol. Okay, I will go check out your article and then post something slightly more meaningful (if I feel like it).

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post

timwdegner

1350 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I like it! I thoroughly enjoyed your writing style. The page layout looks good too.

It's good to see all sorts of variety in Fiero owners; there is a place for everyone's talents, and your drive to fight for the Fiero's reputation through writing is a great benefit to us all. Please keep it coming.

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:
...for the visual look of things it needs help. I'm not sure what your able to do with what you got...

Not much Think of it as those very first issues of Hot Rod magazine compared to what it is now. Compared to what's available, I have a stack of paper, a typewiter, and a mimeograph machine (let's see whose old enough to know what the heck that is ) My plan is to transform it into a really exciting publication over a period of time. I have to make some major technological leaps, but I have a game plan.

Originally posted by timwdegner:
I like it! I thoroughly enjoyed your writing style.

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:
...your writing talent is different and a lil off the wall, which is refreshing and keeps one's interest once you decide to stay and read it through.
but i'm sure you'll do just fine and bring it up to a level that will make it one of the best.

I'm looking forward to reading future articles.

Thanks guys, that means a lot to me because I obviously have a lot riding on my writing style right now. That is exactly what I was hoping for - different enough to be entertaining and interesting, but not so much as to turn them away.

In addition to crazy feature articles, I am planning on some really detailed technical articles to help people do things they may have never even realized they could do and build better projects in the process. I have a few of them cooking on the back burners now. It's just a matter of finding time...

------------------
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
toddshotrods

A BIG THANK YOU from me bubbajoexxx

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome and thanks right back at ya! I am enjoying working with you on the feature. It's only gonna get better - just like the car.

------------------
todd's hot rods

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock