Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Six year old wins a Fiero from Heartland Fieros!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Six year old wins a Fiero from Heartland Fieros!! by DanFiero
Started on: 01-29-2005 06:19 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: blakeinspace on 02-02-2005 12:39 PM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well as the title says, my six year old son won a 1984 Fiero given away at Heartland Fieros Christmas Party today!! The Fiero was generously porvided to Heartland by Jim Anderson of Anderson Automotive in Marion, Iowa. A simple throw your name in the hat drawing was held and he was the lucky one!! So I guess I have a few more projects to add to my list, but at least I have some time before he can actually drive it.

I would like to take this chance to Thank Fred Bartmeyer and Larry Johnson for everything they've done for the Fiero community and Jim Anderson for his generous donation!!!! You guys are amazing!!

Thanks again guys!!

Dan and Andrew

and yes here are the pics

Fred and Larry with the lucky winner

The happy one

A side shot

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Best thing I ever won when I was that young was a coloring contest! Congrats!
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Fred and Larry are great guys. That is a really sweet car too!

Jim Anderson must be a class act too for the donation. This is the type of thing that proves how great our community really is.

Congratulations!

------------------
Paul

Home Built Tube Chassis IMSA Race Car - 3.8 lb./hp | 1987 Fiero GT 119,xxx, 3.1 motor, 1 1/4" rear swaybar, Full poly

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
That's not fair, I had to wait 'till I was 19...

That's one lucky kid! Looks like a nice project!

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Congrats ;-) Let the madness begin!

Jen

Trekker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
And to think I had to miss the party because I had to work! :-(
Congrats!
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap! And I had to miss the party!

That's great, Dan. Now you've REALLY got to get rid of the blue GT, I guess...

Ed

EDIT: I did get to go to the NIFE holiday party, and I won a pair of sail panels. But your son's got me beat!

[This message has been edited by edhering (edited 01-29-2005).]

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

Holy crap! And I had to miss the party!

That's great, Dan. Now you've REALLY got to get rid of the blue GT, I guess...

Ed

EDIT: I did get to go to the NIFE holiday party, and I won a pair of sail panels. But your son's got me beat!

Thanks for the nice comments guys!! I don't think he really understands it yet, but give him time.

Ed, the best part is I just talked my wife into keeping the blue one about a week ago...hehe

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Thanks for the nice comments guys!! I don't think he really understands it yet, but give him time.

Ed, the best part is I just talked my wife into keeping the blue one about a week ago...hehe

Really??? That's GREAT! So you'll still have Tweety AND Blue's Clues! ALL RIGHT!

I can't remember, you have a daughter too, right? She's going to need one of her own soon...

Ed

Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Since I just spent the past several hours lightening pics for the 88 GT that I discovered, I figured what's 2 more...so here are your pics. The car is very nice and congrats to you and your son. Now you don't have any excuse not to have a car ready when he turns 16....But of course, Dad has to test drive it and make sure it's in perfect running condition, right? lol

------------------

I may not know alot about cars...but I make a Fiero look good!
"The Hottie" Coming Soon!

MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
I got my first fiero when I was sixteen. Man they're getting converted at younger and younger ages. By the time he turns 16 he should be able to do an engine swap... that is pretty cool. Congrats

------------------
86' SE packing the 3.4L

Long Live BUCKEYE LIFE

PFF
System Bot
edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:

Since I just spent the past several hours lightening pics for the 88 GT that I discovered, I figured what's 2 more...so here are your pics. The car is very nice and congrats to you and your son. Now you don't have any excuse not to have a car ready when he turns 16....But of course, Dad has to test drive it and make sure it's in perfect running condition, right? lol

"Hours"? What tool are you using to lighten pics?

I could lighten those pics in about 2 seconds each using IrfanView. (Okay, okay...five.)

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just commenting. Go to Google, type in "irfanview" and hit "i'm feeling lucky" and you'll go to the web site for it. It's fast, free, and it's the best image-viewing program I've ever seen.

And it has some good, though basic, image manipulation tools built in.

Or you already know this.

Or were you exaggerating?

Anyway:

Dan, after Miss-Tress so thoughtfully lightened the pics of your son's Fiero, I notice that the color is awfully close to that show car Larry had sitting in his driveway with just some body panels sitting on it. That kind of purple-y color. How's the metal flake in that?

Ed

Jim Krause

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim KrauseSend a Private Message to Jim KrauseDirect Link to This Post
Since your son can't use the car for another ten years, I'll keep it from deteriorating due to lack of use.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, I had to buy my own car at 15.
Now don't tell him about this forum, the people here can be really hard on kids with their own fieros.
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Sweet, I had to buy my own car at 15.
Now don't tell him about this forum, the people here can be really hard on kids with their own fieros.

no, i think they are harder on the kids dads when they are being toolebags..

but, i think its cool that this perticular child won this car, im sure he will enjoy it greatly.

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
So, when's the magazine signing scheduled for?
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

"Hours"? What tool are you using to lighten pics?

I could lighten those pics in about 2 seconds each using IrfanView. (Okay, okay...five.)

Ed

Ed, I was lightening a whole bunch of pics to post in the thread about the mint-condition 88GT (and doing some other stuff).

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048935.html

Keesee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeeseeSend a Private Message to KeeseeDirect Link to This Post

What are the wheels from? I recently posted about these, and was told several stories. I heard they are from a Dodge Shadow and I also heard they are aftermarket and made by Enkei. As you can see, I've got a set on a car I picked up 2 weeks ago and I'd really like to get some solid info.

Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

So, when's the magazine signing scheduled for?

Thats some funny stuff there Stimpy.

Congrats on the Fiero win.

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:
Ed, I was lightening a whole bunch of pics to post in the thread about the mint-condition 88GT (and doing some other stuff).

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048935.html

Oh, I know--I saw that thread.

Still...what WERE you using to lighten the pics? IrfanView lets you adjust the gamma with one slider; it's pretty easy and quick. Unless you were using some super-expert way of doing it...

As for the wheels, I happen to like them. I'm thinking I might try to track down a set for my '86, when it's running, so I'd be interested in hearing that info as well.

Ed

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Just don't paint it GREEN!

Congrats!

------------------
"EuroSmooth Fiberglass Products"

PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Well as the title says, my six year old son won a 1984 Fiero given away at Heartland Fieros Christmas Party today!!

Wow, who would have thought that Jordan would be one of the older kids with a car on the forum! This will be a cool thing for your son the brag about and look forward to in driving. My son got his first car about 9 months before turning 16 and used to drive it in circles in the back yard.

Originally posted by Keesee:

What are the wheels from? As you can see, I've got a set on a car I picked up 2 weeks ago and I'd really like to get some solid info.

They look to be off an industrial size veg-o-matic. Two of them on the wrong side of the car, notice they are directional.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiZer:

no, i think they are harder on the kids dads when they are being toolebags..

Actually it's not the Dads on here that are constantly being the toolbags Mizer

DanFiero, Congrats to your son on the awesome win. I just showed to this to my son Jordan and he said to say hi to your son and he thought it would be cool if maybe some day he and your son could meet. I guess in a way they are both fellow junior Fiero owners
Having now a few younger Fiero owners in the family I can speak first hand that you and your son will have many great hours working on his Fiero and sharing unforgetable moments that you will both cherish the memories for a lifetime. Make sure to take lots of pics along the way and even video if you can so to be able to save those moments to see and listen to forever.

Have fun.

Steve

------------------

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again everyone!!! It will most definitely be a project car as it needs a new engine (non running at present). I've already had another generous offer from a Heartland member for cheap running duke to replace the engine it. After that I'll see what else it needs...heck I have 10 years to ge it running and looking good

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-30-2005).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

Wow, who would have thought that Jordan would be one of the older kids with a car on the forum!

I was thinking the same thing. We almost need a junior Fiero club and newsletter, maybe like sports Illustrated for kids but with Fieros

And Smooth, whats wrong with green? At least it's painted LOL

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

And Smooth, whats wrong with green? At least it's painted LOL

I would rather be primer then import green...

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I would rather be primer then import green...

Steve, is that the best you can do at trying to be witty? LOL

Dan, does your son have any ideas of yet on what he might like his "new" Fiero to look like?
Like a custom color or certain mods he might have allrwady seen on another car?
Has he been to any Fiero shows (or any car show for that matter) with you and shown any interest in any certain models/styles that he has seen?
Sometimes kids can have such a unique perspective

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Was'nt trying to be witty.... It looks like I should leave that for you...
Please don't PM me anymore... You are now being 'ignored'.. Thanks!

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Dan, does your son have any ideas of yet on what he might like his "new" Fiero to look like?
Like a custom color or certain mods he might have allrwady seen on another car?
Has he been to any Fiero shows (or any car show for that matter) with you and shown any interest in any certain models/styles that he has seen?

All he has said is he wants to call it the Purple Slurp and replace the torn drivers seat. He went to Wheatstock and the Dells last year so he has seen many great Fieros but his memory is more of the water park and other fun he had so I'm sure as he gets older he'll get more into it. Right now I just need to concentrate on getting some rust under control and the new engine in it and other basic cosmetic issues to get it road worthy. But all that comes after I finish working on getting Tweety up and running for the show season this spring.

Thanks,

Dan

------------------

www.cfogi.org

P.S. Please I'm asking everyone to keep my threads free of conflict..take things to P.M. for personal issues...Thanks, Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-31-2005).]

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
"The Purple Slurp"? Well, it's his car, I guess he gets to name it.

I happen to think it's a nice color, and I don't like purple cars! It's close enough to blue IMHO (at least from the pics).

& those gold wheels set it off nicely.

Ed

------------------
"Whenever you hear a group of people start to express an opinion with the words "Hey hey, ho ho...." you know that you're getting ready to listen to a group of idiots saying absolutely nothing." -Neal Boortz

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post

Yes Unique......

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

All he has said is he wants to call it the Purple Slurp and replace the torn drivers seat. He went to Wheatstock and the Dells last year so he has seen many great Fieros but his memory is more of the water park and other fun he had so I'm sure as he gets older he'll get more into it. Right now I just need to concentrate on getting some rust under control and the new engine in it and other basic cosmetic issues to get it road worthy. But all that comes after I finish working on getting Tweety up and running for the show season this spring.

Thanks,

Dan

Purple Slurp Thats cool that he has named it allready. Just wait until he wants lots of purple trim inside or something even more interesting for a color combo.
Yeah, as your son is quite a bit younger than even my son is his focus is obviously even less on cars than Jordans is.
Video games, cartoons, riding bikes, water parks, playing and so forth is great as that is what kids should still be wanting to do most of the time.
Your right that as your son gets older he will natually want to do more stuff with his Dad and the Fiero will be a great addition to you and your son in being able to do something special together and then share in the fun in cruising around in it and maybe even taking it a "few" events down the road

Just keep us all posted as you and your son begin your new Fiero adventure together

Steve (and Jordan too)

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to your sun !!

Is storage going to be an issue for 10 years ?

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

The computer at home is down right now... so I am behind in trying to catch up on threads on lunch break...
So, belated CONGRATULATIONS! What a neat story for you and your family.

You can tell someone loved that car once upon a time.... custom paint, custom wheels, GT fascia. In your hands I am sure it will looks as nice as Tweety someday.

Now is that the same car that some club (name escapes me) that was having a raffle... and when like $5000 in tickets were sold or somesuch, the raffle was going to be drawn? Maybe I am confused with a different prize car that is circulating...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock