Started on: 01-25-2005 02:42 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: yellowstone on 02-27-2005 01:13 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store sells a "Pewter Fiero Ornament" (http://www.secureleadercom.com/fsstore/default.asp?bodystyle=1&topdeptnumber=277&searchBit=3&dept=288) and I had an idea: That thing would make a great front decal for my 355 nose, for just $8.95

Said and done:

What do you think?

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, PU dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 player and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula 4.9

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula 4.9Send a Private Message to Formula 4.9Direct Link to This Post
I like it!
Nice look.
Steve

------------------
New name same attitude....
The geek formerly known as Tweaker

RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Excellent. I'm in the beginning stages of finishing up a 308 kit to donate to a soccer club to raffle off for field donations. I stripping all the Ferrari stuff off the car & going back with Fiero emblems of one sort or another. This might make a good rear emblem to replace the prancing pony. What are the dimensions of this emblem? Can pewter be chrome plated?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Don't know, ask the Fiero Store.

Fred Bartemeyer (RAREW66) sells this: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/024081.htm

Originally posted by RTNmsds:

Excellent. I'm in the beginning stages of finishing up a 308 kit to donate to a soccer club to raffle off for field donations. I stripping all the Ferrari stuff off the car & going back with Fiero emblems of one sort or another. This might make a good rear emblem to replace the prancing pony. What are the dimensions of this emblem? Can pewter be chrome plated?

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-25-2005).]

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Good timing, I'm thinking of using this on my nose as an emblem. It's a pewter belt buckle.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Yellowstone can you please measure the height and width of it? You gave me an idea.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I like it looks good

------------------
http://formula.cryptnix.com

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Cool! It looks like they used my wallpaper as template! How do I know? Well, because when I made it, I forgot one of the front-legs of the "horse", like in this wallpaper:

I never bothered to correct it (well, I did correct it years and years later), and now I see the "one-legged pegasus" pop-up everywhere.

For comparison, here is my "faulty" version and the correct version side by side:

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Looking great! That´s what I am going too do also. But you were faster...

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
There are the fast and the dead... :-)

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Looking great! That´s what I am going too do also. But you were faster...

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBUZZ:

Looks great! Good timing, I'm thinking of using this on my nose as an emblem. It's a pewter belt buckle.

You should paint the Fiero emblem similar to this. That would look awesome!
I love the way it looks now, but it's almost too subtle. It needs to be louder.

PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Don't suppose you could take a polymer clay mold of that, and I'd pay materials & shipping? It'd make a dandy emblem for my glovebox door.

------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory
Shifter surround resto by Fierotech
SUPPORT YOUR FIERO MERCHANTS
Proud member of the Lightbar Fraternity
PFF Supporting Member
"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I like subtle...

Originally posted by Formula88:

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Nice touch, Yellowstone! I would think it would really look awesome if you had the sunken areas enameled to match you car color.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post

Fred Bartemeyer (RAREW66) sells this: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/024081.htm

Ah, you got my curiosity up, and all I get is a 404 - File Not Found error

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RTNmsds:

Ah, you got my curiosity up, and all I get is a 404 - File Not Found error

He missed the l, on the end of the link. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/024081.html

RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Duh... Thanks. I should have noticed that. Thanks.
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I never bothered to correct it (well, I did correct it years and years later), and now I see the "one-legged pegasus" pop-up everywhere.

Wouldn't that make it a three-legged pegasus?

(why do I feel like lightning is going to strike me at any second now?)

Jeremy B.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Nice touch, Yellowstone! I would think it would really look awesome if you had the sunken areas enameled to match you car color.

I like it as is!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post

Cool! It looks like they used my wallpaper as template! How do I know? Well, because . . .

One of those cases where it could make one happy to have their work stolen (no offense to anyone) . . . =P I would be thrilled to find that a faulty design of mine was lifted and used as a template for stuff like this!

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Don't suppose you could take a polymer clay mold of that, and I'd pay materials & shipping? It'd make a dandy emblem for my glovebox door.

Dude, nit to be a jerk about it, but it's $9.00 from a longtime vendor to our hobby vs materials and shipping to Germany so you can "steal" it. Just buy one from The Fiero Store and be done.

Oops, I guess you were talking about the belt buckle? If so, nevermind...

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 01-26-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Ahem, the question was posted by Vonov, who seems to live in Tennessee, USA. What are you talking about "shipping to Germany so you can steal it":...???

AND he was talking about the belt buckle!

Reading ability offers clear advantages...

Originally posted by stimpy:

Dude, nit to be a jerk about it, but it's $9.00 from a longtime vendor to our hobby vs materials and shipping to Germany so you can "steal" it. Just buy one from The Fiero Store and be done.

Oops, I guess you were talking about the belt buckle? If so, nevermind...

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

One of those cases where it could make one happy to have their work stolen (no offense to anyone) . . .

Oh, I am! I don't hold copyrights to the Fiero logo and since I really like the guys at the Fiero Store, I am happy they used it. Although I feel partly responsible now for the fact they now sell an incorrect emblem...

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post

Although I feel partly responsible now for the fact they now sell an incorrect emblem...

I feel a little silly, I bought one from them at Christmas and have been looking at it since then... and never noticed. I had the same intentions with mine, but I also was too slow... at least I know it looks good now. If only had the Ferrari nose to go with it...

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I was talking about the belt buckle, although I'd also be happy to buy one of those belt buckles from whoever you got yours from. Btw, Yellowstone, I too think subtle fits better...although...hmmmm...back in a little bit, lol...
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Vonov

3745 posts
Member since May 2004
Ok, I'm back...just to drive ol' Yellowstone crazy, heh-heh, I came up with this...

------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory
Shifter surround resto by Fierotech
SUPPORT YOUR FIERO MERCHANTS
Proud member of the Lightbar Fraternity
PFF Supporting Member
"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Oh, I am! I don't hold copyrights to the Fiero logo and since I really like the guys at the Fiero Store, I am happy they used it. Although I feel partly responsible now for the fact they now sell an incorrect emblem...

You think Pontiac made them take one of the legs out

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
I would agree with Yellowstone, I like the subtle look. Let me be the first to say, I think you just created the "cool" mod for 2005.

------------------
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd --- "Peg" --- 1985 GT - THE FORGOTTON GT!

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2005 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Reading ability offers clear advantages...

Easy, Klaus.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Klaus? I don't think I understand?

Yes, I was a little pissed off and with good reason. Misreading a post and saying I would be "stealing" a design while not knowing what was being talked about at all is not something I found very amusing...

Now, what do you mean by "Klaus"

Originally posted by stimpy:

Easy, Klaus.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Fastened the emblem better and took another pic. Looks very classy IMHO...

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock