Started on: 01-25-2005 12:50 AM
Replies: 27
Last post by: tednelson83 on 03-13-2005 05:15 AM
zMacK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking at a few pictures of zimmer fieros recently. I think they are a very "interesting" car, expecially because they were once a fiero.
I want to get some more pictures of the inside, and the front/back trunks. I have looked everywhere. PFF, google, could pther search engines. All I can find are a few random pics. Most of the ones on our search here are now dead links.

Anyone have some good pics?

I would like to experiment with some photochopin on a zimmer. I believe big chrome rims would look awsome, on a quicksilver. I cant believe noone here has a really worked over zimmer.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Already been Chopped:

Stock:

Nevermind I'll just post all I got....ZIMMER Posting Party

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-25-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

zMack, you can see that in addition to sharing the love of a little white 88 coupes we both appreciate the Zimmer!

Musmaro13

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Musmaro13Click Here to visit Musmaro13's HomePageSend a Private Message to Musmaro13Direct Link to This Post
Amazing, simply amazing! I want one!
KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post
I love that "Front Boot". Is it just me, or does it look bigger then a stock Fiero's?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
In Many ways the Zimmer's features represent what the Fiero would have evolved into..

1) Power Steering
2) Large carpeted front trunk (Edit - Yes the front is stretched, so is the rear trunk by the way)
3) Separate decklid and motor cover
4) leather interior
5) Real dash with glove compartment
6) and last but not least 200 Pounds of Chrome!!

my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroDirect Link to This Post
see: http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/index.htm

stan

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6
Fiero GT 1987 3.4V6 T-top in progress

my_fiero@hotmail.com
www.my-fiero.com

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I didn't realize a new company was manufacturing cars under the Zimmer name. Unfortunately no more Quicksilvers -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1985, ZIMMER® introduced a new more modern-looking car, called the ZIMMER® Quicksilver. Only about 170 Quicksilvers were built before Zimmer closed down in 1988. The new Zimmer motor car company has no plans to bring back the Quicksilver, we are only manufacturing new Zimmer Golden Spirits.

The Quicksilver used as a base car the mid-engine sports car, Pontiac Fiero.

We are searching for a source for some ZIMMER® Quicksilver parts. If you know the whereabouts of any, please contact the Parts Dept. (See pg. 9.) We don't have any quicksilver parts but do have a list of about 30 Quicksilver owners and copies of some old original Quicksilver literature

Skratch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkratchClick Here to visit Skratch's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkratchDirect Link to This Post
jscott, where were the pics of that first Zimer taken?
It looks a lot like Bob McDorman Chevy, where they have the huge Corvette show every year.
I know he has an old station set up out back just like the one in the pictures.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
One of my favorite pieces of Quicksilver lore:

In the movie Robocop (one of my all-time favs), the Zimmer was rebadged as an "SUX-6000"... a car "something big..., that goes really fast..., and gets really crappy gas mileage."

The writer was making fun of the Pontiac 6000, and apparently had some terrible problems with his that Pontiac would not cover. They blew up a few 6000's in the movie.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skratch:

jscott, where were the pics of that first Zimer taken?

I have no idea where the pics were taken. I have just been collecting pictures of Quicksilvers, I believe the first set were posted on an eBay auction.

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
any idea how many were made? and where i can get one? seriously. i have loved this car ever sence i first seen the pictures. they are so hideously ugly they are georgeous. (kinda like a citrogen!)
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Zimmer's web page says that about 170 were built, making them more rare than the Meras.

I wouldn't mind owning one someday either. I believe the one on eBay sold for about $17K from what I recollect.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
I have pix of one that WCF did some minor work on one day, and if I recall, the guy wants to sell it, if the price is right! If you want, PM me, and I'll find the pix for ya!

--- Goobz!

zMacK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh, finally some good pictures!
I love the amount of tunk(s) space the zimmer has, and the streached interior.
Thanx Jscott. I see you like them quite a bit as well.

I am going to try and edit some bigger, modern chrome rims on one tomorrow.
I like the stock wires. But they are too small and out of style for modern times.

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
That front trunk is so large you could almost retrofit a rumble seat to fit up there....
FrozenFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrozenFieroSend a Private Message to FrozenFieroDirect Link to This Post
Are those notchback taillights behind the chrome rear bumper? If it is, they are well camouflaged.

------------------
FrozenFiero
(1987 2.5l Sport Coupe)

[This message has been edited by FrozenFiero (edited 01-26-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That's what it looks like to me.
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zMacK:

I love the amount of tunk(s) space the zimmer has, and the streached interior.

I think he means trunk.

...sorry, random Simpsons moment there.

zMacK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zMacK:
I am going to try and edit some bigger, modern chrome rims on one tomorrow.
I like the stock wires. But they are too small and out of style for modern times.

I have failed.

Anyone here want to give it a try. I'll even go ahead an bribe you with a + !

PFF
System Bot
matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
Ok, pretend I had a higher res wheel pic to play with and pretend I did a better job making the reflection...here's my attempt

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
every one has a personal taste but i like the fiero shape better than that or the F40 shape is Ok , the lambo shape is good too. Anyway thats my 2 cents worth

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

Bored

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoredSend a Private Message to BoredDirect Link to This Post
And my 1.98925 rupees worth...

Bastardization.

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Someone say Citroen? Now the Deux Chevaux was a car with 'character'. Picture a 3800SC in this baby.

http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen_2cv/

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

Fierobruiser for President 2008
" No Fiero left behind"

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 01-30-2005).]

zMacK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
Where the chromes at?

I dont see any dubs...
?!!?!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Found last year in a car museum in the Netherlands:

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
there is one for sale here in hollywood, im gonna go down and look at it, and if i can see if i cant buy it!

i didnt know there were only 170!

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 141,500 miles! decklid window, silver guages.
More pics of my 87 GT can be found here

A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock