Started on: 01-23-2005 10:45 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: paulcal on 03-11-2005 01:29 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
During the last several months several people, from the Chicago/lower Wisconsin area, have told me they wanted to go to Daytona this year.

I'm thinking Caravan, what do you all think?

Archie

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. Well there be a west to east coast caravan too?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Interesting. Well there be a west to east coast caravan too?

Only if you plan to drive thru Chicago on the way to FL.

With the individual cars & the people that I hear are going to Daytona this year, I think this might be the best year to go to that show. So people who have not gone to Daytona before might just want this to be THE YEAR they go.

Archie

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
hell yes!
Let me know where you route goes through. I'm planning on going but I dont mind go a little out of the way for some company and a great cruise. Not to mension what video footage it would make.
richfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richfieroSend a Private Message to richfieroDirect Link to This Post
Im intrested in going when would it take place
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm thinking Caravan, what do you all think?

Archie

I'll tag along.......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We will be planning a route & an exact schedule.

Right now just trying to figure out Who & how many.

Archie

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
bump
Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
If your route goes through NC, I'd be interested in joining you guys. I'm hoping to make Daytona my first show with Sharona (even though she wont be finished)

[edited for pathetic spelling errors...I left the un-pathetic ones in.]
------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, broken down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

[This message has been edited by Dowdian (edited 01-25-2005).]

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
My, my, my. It's look's as if I may have murdered you threat Archie.

Sorry about that.

er...uh... bump.

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
If your caravan is going down I95 on thursday I'll join in.

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna bump this up to see if DL10 & any of the thousands of NIFE members are going to be going down.

Archie

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

I'm gonna bump this up to see if DL10 & any of the thousands of NIFE members are going to be going down.

Archie

I thought you'd never ask.
I do want to go. but I'm not sure if I can get off work yet. What are the exact dates you will be gone??

------------------

beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombDirect Link to This Post
If your going thru Jacksonville,(i'm sure you will be), I'll hook up with ya..lmk..jim
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
bump
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by beachbomb:

If your going thru Jacksonville,(i'm sure you will be), I'll hook up with ya..lmk..jim

Ditto's

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ditto for me as well.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here's what I'm thinking. I've done it this way a couple of times on the way to Carlisle. It worked great on those trips & should work fine on this trip also.

Typically I leave the Chicago area late Wednesday or early Thursday and take I-65 Thru Indy, Louisville & Bowling Green to Nashville where I take I-24 to Chattanooga. Then I take I-75 thru GA & into FL, then pick-up I-10 to Jacksonville. Then to Daytona on I-95.

What I've done in the past on the trips to Carlisle is to plan stops at several Rest Areas along the way. Calculate when I'll arrive at those Rest Areas & more importantly, post a time when we will LEAVE each of those Rest Areas. People along the way can drive to those Rest Areas and meet up with us. People that want to meet up with us between rest areas can calculate where we'll be and meet up with us anywhere along the route. I'm figuring that if there are any last minute adjustments in the schedule along the way, I can make a call to someone who will be online during the trip & he can post the variations to PFF for us.

edit to add........ An example of what might cause a last minute adjustments in the schedule, One year we left for the Daytona show & because of an ice storn it took us 14 hours to reach Indy (that's normally a 5 hour trip).

I plan to take my truck with the GT40 in the trailer. I know that this caravan will add several hours to my total trip time. Most of that added time will be while I wait to departure time at each of the rest areas. If anyone needs help along the way we'll do everything we can for them provided we can stay on our rest area stop schedule. In other words, there is safety & security in numbers, but it's not my plan to have you drive my GT40 to FL while I tow your broken down stock Fiero in my trailer. As many of you know, I've never worked on a stock Fiero, so if your car isn't going to make it, bring your own mechanic, tools & parts (or an auto club card). I'll carry some tools & jacks etc in the trailer & can act to support your repair as much as the schedule will allow,

My plan is to make a Spingtime trip to FL & try to enjoy myself, not to sit at the side of the Highway fixing someone elses' Fiero. I can do that without leaving the shop.

I figure, this year that a caravan might just help some people decide to make this year the year they finally make the trip to the Daytona show. I know that there are going to be several cars (& people) at this show that are PFF legends. This might be the year, YOU choose to meet them & see their cars.

If there is interest, I'll start putting together a schedule.

Archie

------------------

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-10-2005).]

paulcal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
TTT
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sounds awesome.
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
What day/date are you all arriving in the Daytona area? A day before the show?
I am going to find a way to video this year as last year I could not attend.

Would like to "shoot" the vendor area at the hotel also.

John

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:

What day/date are you all arriving in the Daytona area? A day before the show?
I am going to find a way to video this year as last year I could not attend.

Would like to "shoot" the vendor area at the hotel also.

John

In the past, the Friday before the show, the show organizers have had a Brunch around noon or so. Every year so far I've tried to make it in time for that get together & I've always been delayed or just running late. This year I'd love to arrive so that I can have to whole day Friday to mess around.

So that's why I'm thinking of leaving Wednesday afternoon or so.

Archie

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
So, do you plan on arriving Thursday night or Friday morning?
There are 2 shows I want to go to that weekend, and I haven't decided if Daytona is the one I'll make, but if I go, I'll try to catch your caravan in the Jacksonville FL area. (It's pretty much a straight shot down I-95 for me, so not much chance to catch up before that).

Great idea about the rest stop schedule, though.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

So, do you plan on arriving Thursday night or Friday morning?

Great idea about the rest stop schedule, though.

Well I'm still waiting to find out who is planning on going along & where they are located, so I can chart a course & schedule.

I'm not planning on stopping & waiting 30 minutes at every other rest area between here & Daytona if no one is planning to join up with us.

Archie

bonzo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
bump
Brygida Fieros

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brygida FierosClick Here to visit Brygida Fieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to Brygida FierosDirect Link to This Post
SOUTH FLORIDA Fieros... Caravan of Fieros will be leaving to Daytona Fiero Weekend - on Friday, March 18th at noon.
Fiero from all over SouthEast Florida are welcome to join us. Meet at IHOP, on 45th Street exit just east of I95 in West Palm Beach. TIME: 12noon... See you there. Palm Beach Fieros.

------------------
Brygida T.
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Update:

Two things have come up resently that have caused me to change my plans. It appears that this year I'll have to miss Daytona.

1.) My wife is having some Heart problems of late & I really should stay home.

2.) I'm working on buying a new building to move V-8 Archie into. It looks like the Closing & move-in will be in mid to late March. I've got a lot of stuff to move in & it'll take 3 to 4 weeks just for the move.

So I've cancelled planning for this trip.

Archie

I know that I was supposed to pick up some parts in FL to bring to Chicago for exoticse, but some other arraingements will have to be made. I'm looking for someone, going to this show, from this area that might have some trailer space to bring these parts back from Daytona.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-26-2005).]

paulcal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Really sorry to hear about your wife Archie. I hope the Doctors get it taken care of and everything goes well. I'll include her in my prayers.

On the caravan, I'll be leaving Jacksonville on Friday afternoon at 2pm hoping to arrive in Daytona by 5pm if anyone wants to cruise with me. Let me know and we'll arrainge somewhere to meet. I know JeffnDebrus will be going along and beachbomb has expressed an interest to.

[This message has been edited by paulcal (edited 02-26-2005).]

bonzo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
I hope everything turns out good. We'll miss you in Daytona. I was really looking forward to meeting you in person. You gotta do what you gotta do. Our prayers are with you and your better 1/2.

------------------

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Drat - now I'm going to have to find somebody else to harass. Hope Ed Parks will be there.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Ed has registered. So you'll have him to harass.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I know that I was supposed to pick up some parts in FL to bring to Chicago for exoticse, but some other arraingements will have to be made. I'm looking for someone, going to this show, from this area that might have some trailer space to bring these parts back from Daytona.

No worries Archie, it seems I may now have a line on a GT here in florida, so i will not need to ship the parts up, just the car later this summer.

As you know my original plan was to just switch my coupe to a fastback style and do the chop.
Now even if this GT, i am currently considering, does not pan out i will likely just find another GT fastback and send that up.

If worse came to worse and nothing materializes over the next couple months i could still just send my coupe, and find some fastback parts closer to you.

Sorry to hear about your wife, and sorry to hear you won't be making it to Daytona.

P.S.

May make this all mute if i can fiture out some way to come up with the dough for black chop top you have for sale.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-28-2005).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Archie

We will miss you down here – but there are priorities. It just gives me a better excuse to try and find a way up to the new shop and check it out. Best wishes for your wife, hopefully it all works out for the best. The shop – no brainier – it has to be great, you said it has a great burn out spot.

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
So is there still gonna be a caravan of some sort?
I want to know if I could cruise down there with anybody.
paulcal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NorthFloridaFiero:

So is there still gonna be a caravan of some sort?
I want to know if I could cruise down there with anybody.

There's a couple of us down in Jacksonville that you can cruise with for the last stretch. We'll be leaving out of Jax around 2pm on Friday the 18th hoping to arrive in Daytona by 5pm.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock