Stored and lost fieros? by The Black Widow
Started on: 12-06-2004 12:05 AM
Replies: 85
Last post by: sonic50 on 05-17-2005 07:00 PM
The Black Widow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
I have heard lots of stories of cars literally brand new and stored away... sort of a time warp! Anyway, I heard of an 81 delorean found in a barn with 4 original miles!!! I also heard of the shelby daytonas being found in a old garage, in the exact condition they left the track! Any fiero stories like this!?
-Matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I know someone that has quite a few desirable model Fieros. Well her grandmother does. Her grandfather worked on the Fiero project and collected some of the better models. They have sat in his barn since he passed away.

------------------

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I parked next to a DeLorean Friday night that looked that bad.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Gosh, who would take a new car and store it away for years ?

They have to be crazy, they should,... um, err oh wait, never mind.

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=278279

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Now that's funny Dave!

------------------

84 Sport Coupe
87 GT 5 Spd

Convertable Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyDirect Link to This Post
I know where theres an '88 GT red w/beachwood interior, 5 spd. MINT with 27,xxx on it. My neighbor has it stored in his barn. He bought it from the original owner who took excellent care of it, he decided to get a Vett. It still has the paper floor mats, cover on the seats, and window sticker! Sorry, no pics.

------------------

Snowcrash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnowcrashSend a Private Message to SnowcrashDirect Link to This Post
I remember reading osmewhere that when the Fiero was cancelled Pontiac raffled off the final one off the assembly line to the workers. The story I head was they he stored it in his garage and started it up periodically, but never drove it. Is this a story or reality?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The last 2 were raffled off.

The last one has low miles and the guy still has it. He offers it for sale every once and a while at prices no one would pay.

There are more low milage or new Fiero's than most car. When the 88 was still available rumors that they were going to be worth a lot of money led many to buy them and put them away. Also many 1984 cars weere stored away because it was a first year.

Now that many have tired of sitting on them since they did not make money on them, [they bought them to make money not because they liked them] they are now selling them off. That is why you find many low milage Fiero's vs so many other model cars of it's time.

Also Fiero's were play cars for many that never made them daily drivers, just weekend cars. This kept the miles off and most of these were stored in very good conditions. You will find most low mileage Fiero's not in barns but clean and in garages in good condition.

There are alot of them around still with less than 50,000 miles after 16-20 years.

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Yea I own one of those lost Fieros! My 1987 White Fiero was taken from the factory and Donated to a tech school. The school never used it. It was put in storage for the next 15 years and sat unmoved or started with only 000079.9 miles on the odometer. It now sits in my garage in the same condition and miles. The car still has the factory chalk marks on the tires (dryrotted}. The temporary tabs the factory puts on the brakerotors to hold them on during assembly are still there! Its a timecapsule!! The windsheild is cracked,also has a cracked hood in a small area.{i beleive this is why they donated it new} Also the school never took the car apart. I am preserving it as-is. If any forum member ever wishes to see the car for research or to go back in time,feel free to contact me. Thanks ED
The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
would you be able to post some pics please?
PFF
System Bot
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
My PC is very old. I also dont have digital camera. I will mail pics to anyone that can post them. Feel free to PM or better yet email me at ED77KATR@aol.com thanks Ed
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Black Widow:

I like the "clean me" written into the dust on the windshield!

There is a guy in the Denver area who had about 50 Fieros at one point.....several of them were loaded '88 GTs and Formulas. While the number of Fieros he owns has dwindled in recent years (he is down to less than a dozen!), he still has a new Formula left. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Also, many of his low mileage Fieros have found new homes with many PFF members. RossT's bright red T-Top '88 GT (had 900 miles when sold to him), PurpleReign's (used to be fieroparts.com) burgundy 117 mile T-Top '88 GT, Kris Munson's T-Top burgundy Formula (had 112 miles on it when he bought it) and my old black 19K mile (had 10K miles when I bought it in 1997) '88 GT are but a few examples.

I know there are many more low mileage examples still sitting in someone's garage.....it may be a few more years before those find their way into the hands of Fiero enthusiasts though. I hope there is another new black '88 GT waiting out there fer me.....I miss my GT!!!

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
There was a 88 GT FB in Fresno CA in 1990 or 92? It was wrapped-up on jacks in the shops garage by the Acura dealer. I went to Fresno on Nov 24th and seen one inside a speciality car shop. I think it might be the same one?
88fierogt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierogt123Send a Private Message to 88fierogt123Direct Link to This Post
some one told me there is a fiero like this an a dealer showroom in new orleans
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
i miss my GT, and it is only sitting covered at the bottom of my driveway.
i just cant wait until i start my new job, and i can get her registered again! im training to become a school bus driver.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
Kinda on the Delorian subject, A freind of mine here locally has an old barn with a 75(?) Bricklin in it.He is the orig owner,and the car has 12k on it.It is the saftey yellow color,and is totally like brand new.You would never guess by looking at this guy's place he has such a beautiful car inside!

Also,I found last year,A blue 87 coupe,with 15k miles.Orig owner bought new from Ocean Pontiac in Mass,in '88,drove it for one year,and then got in a motorcylgle accident,and never drove it again!!!
I almost died when I found it and looked at the odo! It still has a '88 inspecion sticker on it!
Car is getting a very light restoration,(in exc shape)and then maybe for sale??
-Mark

[This message has been edited by Indyellowgt (edited 12-06-2004).]

RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
I found and purchased a 1700 mile '88GT two years ago. I put 500 miles on it getting it home. I have the original tires a wheels stored in saran wrap with 2500 miles on them. I drive the car for pleasure and have put 5500 additional miles on it over the last two summers.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
I remember about 25 Brand new 1975 Bricklins sat in a parking lot in new york city for 26 years. The cars all had under 10 miles on each and never dealer preped. But the weather took a toll on them. They were all auctioned off a few 3-4? years back. I was offered one car a year [2002] later with only 5 miles on it for $10000. A white one. But passed on it. My understanding was the cars were factory owned and tied up in legal mess all that time. then auctioed as scrap. I dont feel bad missing out. I got a better "NEW" car my 87 w/ 000079.9 actual miles . if anyone can post pics here of my car email me with your address and I will drop a few pics in reg mail if ya can post em . i met the Bricklin club people at there yearly shpw on wildwood NJ boardwalk show. its a Bricklin only show and get together. Wildwood is a island resort town near Cape May New Jersey. perhaps a Fiero Weekend can take place there? Its a perfect place as wildwood host 2 HUGE car shows a year. But smaller shows do get there weekend only getogerthers. There are also Corvette weekend PT Cruiser weekend Bricklins, also Mustangs were there one year. thanks ED
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post

ED77KATR

420 posts
Member since Nov 2003
any one else know more about those new stored fieros in colorado? Can the person be contacted? Thanks Ed
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
FOUR MILE DELOREAN!!!! Um, anyone know where that's stored? I want to, um, go take a look... Yeah that's it...

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

PFF
System Bot
fast86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast86seSend a Private Message to fast86seDirect Link to This Post
my neighbor has an old MODEL A in one of his barns.
he wont part with it though, its just gonna rot away
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Some other cars that people saved new and never drove believing they would appreciate in price were....the last 200 built 1976 Caddilac eldorado converibles. it was believed 168 of them imediatly went into storage...the 1989 20th anneversary pacecar pontiac trans am....the 1978 Corvette pace car 6500 built [about 20% of them stashed away...] the 1990ZR1 corvette was another but now arent worth much so folks starting to drive them... and the 1994 Mustang pacecar Lots of them in Hemmings still brand new. Hemming is a great place to find brand new never driven old cars. Example nov 04 issue 1978 olds cuttlass 57 actual miles car in Iowa, 1979 VW Beetle 53 actual miles ETC ED
Snowcrash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnowcrashSend a Private Message to SnowcrashDirect Link to This Post
I remember hearing about a dealer who stored away one of the best selling vehicles each year. Eventually they ended up clearing out the warehouse. Unfortunately the best selling cars weren't necessarily good cars. I think one of them was a 60's Mustang with almost no miles. Hard ot believe there are cars out ther eliek that sometimes.
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
A few years back, maybe 10, I saw a ad in Hemmings [which i saved] offering for sale 4 brand new Fords from the 60s. 3galaxies a 1962 1964- 1965 & a 1968 Torino all new never dealer prepped. They were expensive! The ad has pics too. Dealer i believe was in Illinois
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
I found another 81 Deloren for sale in Dec 04 issue of Hemmings. this car only has 170 orig miles. that comes out to about 17 miles a year!
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ED77KATR:

I found another 81 Deloren for sale in Dec 04 issue of Hemmings. this car only has 170 orig miles. that comes out to about 17 miles a year!

You mean 7. 39 miles per year

23 years / by 170 = 7.39

Still a very low miles per year ave.
Good find

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
I was terrible in math in school. Sorry. LOL Lets try again My 87 only has 000079.9 miles on it Divide that by 17 [years] comes out to 4.7 miles a year? did i pass? LOL ED
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I talked to a guy that owns a body shop who bought and stored several Fieros. I believe at least one is an 88GT. He used to put V8s in them when they first came out. His exact words were, "I used to build the s### out of them". I should go ask if I can look at them.

There is another guy that lives about six miles south of me, near Pleasant Hill, who has several as well. My father-in-law keeps telling me he sees them but I have never been able to identify the house. They are out there if you know where to look.

------------------
1987 Fiero SE

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ED77KATR:

Yea I own one of those lost Fieros! My 1987 White Fiero was taken from the factory and Donated to a tech school. The school never used it. It was put in storage for the next 15 years and sat unmoved or started with only 000079.9 miles on the odometer. It now sits in my garage in the same condition and miles. The car still has the factory chalk marks on the tires (dryrotted}. The temporary tabs the factory puts on the brakerotors to hold them on during assembly are still there! Its a timecapsule!! The windsheild is cracked,also has a cracked hood in a small area.{i beleive this is why they donated it new} Also the school never took the car apart. I am preserving it as-is. If any forum member ever wishes to see the car for research or to go back in time,feel free to contact me. Thanks ED

id love to see some pics of that and maybe come take a look . im not that far from ya

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
He He .......................I know where there is an 88 GT T-top maroon, leather, 5-speed, & 000,119.8 miles as new as it gets.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

119.8 miles

Dude... It only had 117 on it when Tim had it. You're just gonna drive it into the ground, aren't ya'!

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

Read Nealz Nuze!

jimmybpei

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiDirect Link to This Post
there is a guy about 40 miles from me that started collecting brand new mustang Gt/bullets/rare ones over the last few years. he pre orders them from the local dealer a year in advance without even seeing what they will look like. the first on he drove home, the rest are pushed on the truck into the dealer ship and again to his place with virtually no mile on them .

This guy will never live long enough to see them appreciate past their original purchase price
Don't really think it's such a awise investment

later
JimmyB.

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

He He .......................I know where there is an 88 GT T-top maroon, leather, 5-speed, & 000,119.8 miles as new as it gets.

Man do I miss that car, except when I'm flying down the road (with the top down) in my vette.
I have driven my vette 129 mph man let me tell you, you really don't fell like your going that fast.
I still have some Fieros but none as nice as the one I sold to purple reign.

PR are you enjoying the car?

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by Raydar:

Dude... It only had 117 on it when Tim had it. You're just gonna drive it into the ground, aren't ya'!

That's funny. Now it's ready for the junk yard with all of those miles on it.

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 12-11-2004).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

That's funny. Now it's ready for the junk yard with all of those miles on it.

Holy cow .................I haven't laughed that hard in a while yeah I enjoyed it for a few shows last summer ( & 2 miles getting on & off the trailer ) now it's tucked away in an evironmentally controlled garage.

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Saw a 1987 Grand national GNX with 147 miles on it 4 sale too 40 grand
beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

Man do I miss that car, except when I'm flying down the road (with the top down) in my vette.
I have driven my vette 129 mph man let me tell you, you really don't fell like your going that fast.
I still have some Fieros but none as nice as the one I sold to purple reign.

PR are you enjoying the car?

It still amazes me that cars like this and the delorean above are still being found these days!!! especially with the whole Ebay craze!!..jim

The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Here's a pic of my new silver Formula. It came from the same collection as Tim's (now purple reign's) maroon GT, RossT's red GT, etc. I bought it in 2000 with approx. 232 miles on the odo. I sold it the following year to an older guy in Alabama who has since driven it (I think it has over 20K miles on it now). I regret selling it, but at the time I was in school and needed the $$$.

I have pics of another new Formula, but PIP won't let me upload it.

Here ya go:

------------------

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 12-13-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay