Firebird interior price by ChuckLS1
Started on: 12-19-2004 06:02 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: ChuckLS1 on 12-23-2004 03:44 PM
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
I found a Firebird dash, door panels and center console for sale. They want $350.00 for the dash minus the radio (comes with the a/c controls, headlight controls and the instrument panel) $150.00 for both door panels with the switches and $100.00 for the center console. Think thats a good price?

------------------
Chuck
Greensboro, NC

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2004 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That's a little on the high side but I paid more for my first one. I pieced my first one together from the individual parts on eBay and that will cost much more that what you quoted. The switches for the door panels alone are going to run about $50 after shipping and what not.

The 4th gen Firebirds are still not very common in the yards. On my recent trip to the pick n pull I didn't see a single one. occasionally you will get lucky, but you will have to make many trips to the yard and be dissappointed. If you don't want to wait then my recomendation is to buy it.

- Jonathan

EDIT: don't forget the interior door handles you will need those too.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-19-2004).]

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the reminder about the door handles, I forgot to ask about those. Not getting my Fiero till the first of January and already thinking about mods. Need to ask about the steering wheel also. I currently own a 98 Trans Am, so it would be nice to have a familier dash. The dash is out of a 98 T/A. May be asking you and the other guy for advice if I decide to to the mod. Thanks.

------------------
Chuck
Greensboro, NC

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
I got lucky today. Went to a local salvage yard and found a 96 Firebird. I can get the complete dash with all the bezels, glove box, a/c and headlight switches, instument cluster and the dash pad for $275.00. Will there be any problem conneting the speedodometer to the Fiero and can I use the dash pad? Thanks.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That's an excellent deal. Yes get the dash pad, you can cut it down to be the new dash filler pad.

The gauges for the 96 are basically plug and play...see my website in my sig. You will have to do some cutting and splicing but the hard part, (figuring it all out) has already been done.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
oooops, forgot to add sig

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
Is there anything else I should get off the car?

------------------
Chuck
Greensboro, NC

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The dash should still have the wiring harness attached...if it doesn't grab it. You will want the 34 pin connector for the gauges as well as the connector for the headlight switch. The alternative is to solder directly on the pins...not difficult but tedious. See here for harness information https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047561.html

Also, try to get the connectors for the mirror and window switches. Same reason.

Also make sure you get the airbox for the dash. It's much easier to graft it onto the Fiero airbox than to build one from scratch. Don't ask me how I know that.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-21-2004).]

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2004 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
Got the parts from the salvage yard yesterday. Got the airbox. As far as the wire harness is concerned I was able to just get the connectors off of it. The guy at the yard cut them off for me. Will that be ok or should I still get the harness? The car did not have power windows, mirrors or door locks so I assumed the connectors for the power options were not there. Do I need the metal support from the Firebird that goes at the bottom of the dash?

------------------
Chuck
Greensboro, NC

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
You don't need the actual dash harness just the connectors. If the car didn't have power windows then obviously you can't get the window switches. If your Fiero has power windows then you will have to find the switches elsewhere. The metal support bracket isn't required, you would need to remove the section under the gauges anyway. I still think you got a good deal, I can't seem to get lucky and get cheap parts anywhere.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
I ordered the door panels today, found some out of a 98 T/A. Got them for 185.00, including the connectors off the harness for the switches. All I need now is the Fiero! I am getting that the first of January.

------------------
Chuck
Greensboro, NC

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay