Started on: 12-17-2004 05:27 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: Max The Chainsaw on 12-18-2004 11:10 PM
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Well, since my wife didn't like the feel of mt GT steering wheel, I had to go out and buy another Fiero.

We went to look at an87 GT that didn't run but it needed a LOT more work than I was willing to give it. On the way there we saw this car sitting in a yard with a "For Sale" sign in the windshield. Looked it over and bought it that yesterday evening.

Car is an 86 SE, 2.8, auto, A/C, sunroof, cruise, tilt, PW, PL, cassette. Interior needs redone (Most likely will do custom interior), exterior has a few small fiberglass cracks to fix but not really bad.

On to the required pics:

So, what do you think? Please be kind.

Max

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post
Is that the ZR1 or whatever it's called kit? I don't care what anybody else is gonna say about it, that car has potential to be awesome. I like it Looks good.
88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbDirect Link to This Post
Wow, different! I've never seen that bumper/spoiler/lights combo at the back. I think I like it
Needs some better wheels though. How much was it?

------------------

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
That white is going to look really good next to that purple one!! We will need pics of that!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm....I have the same rocker kit. so I'm bias, hehehehe. Looks like I've seen it before on Pisa webe site?

------------------

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KingOfKings:

Is that the ZR1 or whatever it's called kit? I don't care what anybody else is gonna say about it, that car has potential to be awesome. I like it Looks good.

Thanks, Yes, it's a PISA ZR-2 kitcar.

http://pisafierohq.com/rebody_kits/zr-2/

Whoever built this one didn't put the cowl induction scoop on it, but that's OK, I never liked that scoop anyway.

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by 88gtNewb:

Wow, different! I've never seen that bumper/spoiler/lights combo at the back. I think I like it
Needs some better wheels though. How much was it?

Gee, I kinda liked the wheels, all my other Fiero's have the OEM wheels. LOL

You don't really want to know what I paid, you'd hate me like you all do Toddster!!! LOL

Max

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
I think I like it ... good find..... now you must share what you pic that baby up for???.... if you dont mind that is

There is definally some potential there

Good Luck

------------------
Chris 85 Fiero SE 2.5L of fury
second one in the garage undergoing surgery
See the progress

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=347941&page

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Nice, the car looks well put together.

Pete

------------------

Keesee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeeseeSend a Private Message to KeeseeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Max The Chainsaw:

Well, since my wife didn't like the feel of mt GT steering wheel, I had to go out and buy another Fiero.

We went to look at an87 GT that didn't run but it needed a LOT more work than I was willing to give it. On the way there we saw this car sitting in a yard with a "For Sale" sign in the windshield. Looked it over and bought it that yesterday evening.

Car is an 86 SE, 2.8, auto, A/C, sunroof, cruise, tilt, PW, PL, cassette. Interior needs redone (Most likely will do custom interior), exterior has a few small fiberglass cracks to fix but not really bad.

On to the required pics:

So, what do you think? Please be kind.

Max

Was this car in Claremont Indiana? If not, a dead ringer sister car is, and it was for sale too!

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4BanGinFun:

I think I like it ... good find..... now you must share what you pic that baby up for???.... if you dont mind that is

There is definally some potential there

Good Luck

Thanks OK, If you must know, $2500

PFF
System Bot
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Keesee:

Was this car in Claremont Indiana? If not, a dead ringer sister car is, and it was for sale too!

Close, It was about 5 miles south of Crawfordsville Indiana. Guess it could be the same car if they moved it about 40 miles.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Nice car (I LOVE the steering wheel excuse... ) The only thing I think looks a little out of place is the door..not sure what it is exactly...the molding doesn't match? The bottom trim? Othr then that... SWEET car! especially for that price!

Have fun with it!

-FieroRumor

Keesee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeeseeSend a Private Message to KeeseeDirect Link to This Post

Close, It was about 5 miles south of Crawfordsville Indiana. Guess it could be the same car if they moved it about 40 miles.

That's possible. Someone had a very used '87 GT at the same house in Clarimont a month or two before that and wanted $5500. I sure didn't see this one listed in any of the normal places. How did you get wind of it?

5 miles south of Cville huh? Ladoga? New Market? Bow Hench? Airport area?

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Nice car (I LOVE the steering wheel excuse... ) The only thing I think looks a little out of place is the door..not sure what it is exactly...the molding doesn't match? The bottom trim? Othr then that... SWEET car! especially for that price!

Have fun with it!

-FieroRumor

Good eye. I wondered if anyone would notice. The front and rear bumpers have a molded-in round type moulding. The side mouldings are ribbed. Good thing I took all that round moulding off that 87 notchie in the local junkyard a couple months ago before they crushed it!!

Max

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by Keesee:

That's possible. Someone had a very used '87 GT at the same house in Clarimont a month or two before that and wanted $5500. I sure didn't see this one listed in any of the normal places. How did you get wind of it?

5 miles south of Cville huh? Ladoga? New Market? Bow Hench? Airport area?

It was at a house on the corner where the flashing yellow light is just south of the airport on 231. Not sure what little towns were close, I was looking more at the car than the surroundings.

Max

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Good eye. I wondered if anyone would notice. The front and rear bumpers have a molded-in round type moulding. The side mouldings are ribbed. Good thing I took all that round moulding off that 87 notchie in the local junkyard a couple months ago before they crushed it!!

Max

If you mold it right, you can re-use the small stock rocker panel for a uniform look.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
One of the unique features on the ZR1 kit is, the bottom flarings on all three areas of the rocker compared to the IRM rocker kit. You got a very good deal for $2500 since the kit sells for $$$$$$.
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

If you mold it right, you can re-use the small stock rocker panel for a uniform look.

I see. Looks great, your car is a real work of art. I hope to someday be able to make something 1/2 as good!!

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by madcurl:

One of the unique features on the ZR1 kit is, the bottom flarings on all three areas of the rocker compared to the IRM rocker kit. You got a very good deal for $2500 since the kit sells for $$$$$$.

I thought so, esp after I got it home and found out the kit cost $5000 + $1000 for the lighting + Shipping!!!

Max

jnahendo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jnahendoSend a Private Message to jnahendoDirect Link to This Post
I saw that car in the trader for 4500, I didn't bother calling because I didn't think I could get it for 2500 like you did. what's your secret? good find!

joe

PFF
System Bot
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jnahendo:

I saw that car in the trader for 4500, I didn't bother calling because I didn't think I could get it for 2500 like you did. what's your secret? good find!

joe

The sign had been marked down from 4500 to 3500. It also said make offer. We settled on 2500. I think they may have needed the money........ My secret, Blind luck!!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I see. Looks great, your car is a real work of art. I hope to someday be able to make something 1/2 as good!!

All you'll need is the Fiero Warehouse rear rocker. Cut the Pisa were mine is pictured and mold together. You can re-use the Pisa vent on the rear deck.

If you don't like the large blocking near the front doors, you can also smooth it done some to make it mor "visual" uniformed.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-18-2004).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Okay, this has got me curious. How do you get to your engine? I can't see any opening seams.

------------------

84 Sport Coupe
87 GT 5 Spd

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 12-18-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
So, How much..??

------------------
"EuroSmooth"
Side Skirts....
~GTStyle~&~Coupe Style
Coming Soon...

------------------

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The decklid stops before it gets to the rear of the clip, if you look carefully you can see the rear edge of it just below the edge of the wing. The edge is actually forward of the wing, the engine hatch opens like a washing machine lid.

JazzMan

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That was an awesome deal on the ZR2 kit. I'm not really a fan of the kit, as I can't see why you would want a Fiero to look like a Corvette, but it looks good.

I've got a lot more than $2500 invested in cars that don't look half that good. Post more pics when you get a chance.

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Okay, this has got me curious. How do you get to your engine? I can't see any opening seams.

Like Jazzman said, the decklid is in front of the wing. If you look REAL close at the pic, on the passenger side under the wing, you can just see the rear corner of the decklid. Have to work over the wing or get in the trunk to get to the engine!!

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Max The Chainsaw

1140 posts
Member since Oct 2000

Originally posted by jscott1:

That was an awesome deal on the ZR2 kit. I'm not really a fan of the kit, as I can't see why you would want a Fiero to look like a Corvette, but it looks good.

I've got a lot more than $2500 invested in cars that don't look half that good. Post more pics when you get a chance.

Thanks, I too have a lot more invested in other cars. I didn't think I would care much for the ZR kit either until I saw this one. As for more pics, Maybe later, I moved it to the carport for some work. Gonna gut interior, clean it up and redo it in proably a blue and grey. Considering Mr Mikes on this car as well as the purple one. Gonna fix a few spots in the body, replace moulding with rounded type. General maintenance and such. Should be ready to by spring!!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock