Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOW!! Look who's Fiero is in the latest issue of... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
WOW!! Look who's Fiero is in the latest issue of... by Fiero5
Started on: 10-20-2004 09:22 AM
Replies: 98
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-23-2004 03:49 AM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
...Sport Compact National:

OK, so it's not a feature spread or anything major like that, but still...it's pretty dang cool.

Congrats Jordan!!!

Oh, and Please... lets try and keep this thread clean and calm, OK?
Thanks

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 10-21-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Congrats. Any magazine is cool to be in.
Tinker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinkerClick Here to visit Tinker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TinkerDirect Link to This Post
Congrats. I got that in my mailbox a few weeks ago but haven't been able to scan it. I opened the mag and said wow, look its, its... green. Its good to see the Fiero being represented especially with the types that magazine represents. Jordan must be happy about that. Kudos, Kevin.
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
congrats!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I still think its hideous, but thats just me

I respect the amount of work thats gone into it tho.

congradulations, Jordan must be thrilled -

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello, great job. Its nice to see you having fun with your cars and family thanks Norm

------------------
Norm Vandermee

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Stiff Competion On That Page ...ooooo CAVY POWER...Man i Hate "Kavalier's"

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Last Addon : Poly Bushing All Around
Next Addon : 3800 Supercharged Engine (98 Regal)
Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to both you and Jordan!

Way to go!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the good work.... Way to go jordon.
margaritaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2004 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for margaritazClick Here to visit margaritaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to margaritazDirect Link to This Post
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Cool Steve, I just saw it in another post. Send Jordan my congratulations.
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

Keep up the good work.... Way to go jordon.

What he said. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Arn

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Thanks everyone. Yeah, Jordan is grinning from ear to ear.
A lot of the local "tuners" and people we know and have met at local shows and cruise-ins over the last year or so who have met Jordan and know about his car have been buying the mags up and of course we picked up a "couple" issues ourselves. Sadly, the store is now sold out of this issue after only two days!! The first time ever they said
NOW, here is the other cool part of this if it happens:
When we started checking in at the Borders store weeks ago when we first heard that his Fiero was going to be in it, a Borders manager caught wind of it and thought it was pretty cool that not only a local car owner was in a mag, but that it was an 11 year old car owner. She asked if we would like to have Jordan at some point at the store after the issue came out and do a magazine signing. Soo, one thing led to another and now the publisher of Sport Compact National, Inside Track Communications, Inc, is coordinating with our local Borders Book Store here in West Lebanon NH to try and get a lot more issues shipped in due to the sell out as the store has allready been gearing up for this Sunday so we can have Jordan do a signing of the mag. The store also wants us to bring his Fiero for display as well and park it right out front of the main entrance where they will have a banner I guess and have ads and stuff.
Jordans principle at Plainfield Elementary is gearing the school up to have a lot of the teachers come on Sunday and is announcing it in the school newsletter. It will be cool event on Sunday if they can get the mags in in time.
I will of course take a "few" pics
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Wow! What a rush for a kid. He'll be on cloud 9!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Owner / Design Lead - WordMark.ca Communications

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

I will of course take a "few" pics

Translation: 38 pics

That's pretty cool, not just getting in the magazine but the local recognition as well!

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Thanks everyone. Yeah, Jordan is grinning from ear to ear.

I would be too.
Congratulations to the both of you.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Translation: 38 pics

Only 38???

That's pretty cool, not just getting in the magazine but the local recognition as well!

Yeah, and whats also pretty cool is when Jordan is around someone else and no matter how old they are and they start talking about doing things on their car for the first time, he steps in with freindly helpfull ideas. For a kid his age that is very cool!

Exdeath

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2004 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ExdeathClick Here to visit Exdeath's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExdeathDirect Link to This Post
I still think the car is ugly and is a dishonor to Fieros, but its great having our little American car in a mag that is dominated by so many Imports. Gotta represent man! Congrats. You let Jordan drive his car?

------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 2.8L V6 Automatic
36,000 miles and counting! :)

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
Thats it!! When I have kids I'm going to start them young on the cars also and have one maybe 2 per child and they better have a show quality one at 10 also.. or daddy will be upset!! That is soo cool. I really wish someone would of done that with me as a kid. Heck all I learned about cars I learned on my own (and still learning! Swapping a 3800SC solo)

Be careful though. Hes young and fame does crazy things to kids at that age! I should know look at where I am now thanks to it!! Ok so its not all that bad. Congrats!!

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Wait this kid is 11??? 11 years old? Did he do this himself?? Pretty damn amazing, sucks he can't drive the car....but that's pretty sweet. Kudos to the kid and parent(i'm guessing fiero5?) for this project and sucess. Keep up the good work man.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!- Congrats!

Originally posted by Fiero Finale:

Wait this kid is 11??? 11 years old? Did he do this himself?? Pretty damn amazing, sucks he can't drive the car....but that's pretty sweet. Kudos to the kid and parent(i'm guessing fiero5?) for this project and sucess. Keep up the good work man.

Steve built that car with his son. "Father-son" sorta bonding thing. Very cool. People on here like to rip into him, the car, and even his son (which ISN'T cool). I'm not the biggest fan of the whole "F&F look, but I give 'em props for doing it. and besides, it's not like that's his ONLY Fiero. If I had 152 Fieros(or however many he owns...27? ) I may have a few wacky ones myself.

-FieroRumor

------------------

PFF
System Bot
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Congrats. Very cool Jordan!

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
two thumbs UP !!! congrats to you both..

------------------

still plays with cars..

LVMY88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LVMY88Click Here to visit LVMY88's HomePageSend a Private Message to LVMY88Direct Link to This Post
Congrats to Steve & Jordan. I'm so proud of them. They have taken a lot of heat about this car, some of the posts have been very mean and rude. Jordan being only 11 does not understand all of this, but they stuck with it and look what they have done! Great job!

A very proud Mom

Marian ( LVMY88 )

------------------

[This message has been edited by LVMY88 (edited 10-21-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to the both of you on making it into the Mag !!!

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
/nod

Tis cool.

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
congrats.

i find it amazing that you can throw some stickers and double side tape some goofy scoops on a car and have it in a mag.
yet cars like madcurls where 10s of thousands were spent to make a work of custom art, and he hasnt gotten anything for recognition.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

congrats.

i find it amazing that you can throw some stickers and double side tape some goofy scoops on a car and have it in a mag.
yet cars like madcurls where 10s of thousands were spent to make a work of custom art, and he hasnt gotten anything for recognition.

Well, there was maybe a little more work involved in his car than that, but I hear what you are saying.
Maybe it's simply a fact that Madcurl just has not had his car out anywhere much yet to be seen and exposed much to get any one to spot it and get any recognition like that? I have no idea. Good question though but I don't know.

An update on the mag signing at Borders this Sunday.
Well, I just talked to Amanda at Sport Compact National who called while I was out of the ofice a few minutes ago and left me a message. Seemed very nice.
I then called Theresa at the local Borders and told Theresa we needed these extra mags ASAP and that Amanda at SCN needs to hear from her ASAP.
Amanda at SCN said she needs to hear from someone at Borders quickly so she can get them into the store in time for Sunday. The big hold up is that Amanda needs to hear from someone at Borders where to send the bill to for the extra shipment.
Amanda said she has left many messages in the last two days at the Borders in West Leb and no one seems to want to return her calls.
On the other side of this is the local Borders in West Leb where the manager Theresa says she was told that this current issue was now discontinued and no more were going to be published which is why they couldn't get any more. Who told her that I don't know.
I told Theresa I believed that that was incorrect because I had just talked to Amanda at SCN moments ago who said they had plenty and could ship however many Borders wanted. She just needs to have someone return her phone calls.
So, HOPEFULLY, Theresa is now talking to Amanda. Hopefully I cleared that up just now by talking to Theresa who had just walked thru the door when I called.
Wish us luck

Steve

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post
Wow awesoem a magazine dedicated to putting ricey cars in it. and its not like they did a feature article on your car. You sent the pics in. Its in the Readers rides section.

yea big accomplisment there. Send in a few pics and if the editor things its ricey enough then it gets published. I mean just look at the golf below you.

Get an actual feature article done like Bill Sessions then I will pat you on teh back and say good job. Anyone can mail in some pics and have the pics published.

Whats funny is that I have never heard of this mag nor have I seen it on any newsstand. I am sure its a highly acclaimed magazine no less. I tend to keep myself out of the "tuner" sections of the newstands though. When I say tuner I mean ricer.

SH

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:
What someone does to their fiero to mod it or any other car for that matter shouldn't be bashed.
He is just tuning it to make it different to fit his/her personal style.
You shouldn't bash the guy for it.
Don't hate. appreciate.
SH
arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I think pep boys stock just went up.
PFF
System Bot
arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post

arte444

1510 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fiero Finale:

Wait this kid is 11??? 11 years old? Did he do this himself??

By the way it looks you would probably think that since all the mods seem to be epoxied on.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:

I think pep boys stock just went up.

LOL Yeah, we did buy quite a bit from them

Update:
I just got off the phone with Theresa at Borders. They were able to finally connect and we now have 50 issues being overnighted to the local Borders store from SCN just for Jordan and his mag signing on Sunday. Jordans signing is now officially scheduled to take place from 1-3pm this coming Sunday afternoon at the West lebanon NH Borders.

Now Jordan has to help get his car washed and prepped
We will probably do a full cleaning this Sunday morning right before taking it up and parking it in front of the store
And to think we just barely put it up for the winter

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Why don't you go figure out what size nitrous jets you need for your buddy's car, before you blow it up.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-21-2004).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post
I can see it now. jordan out signing autographs to a total of three 13 year old ricer kids. It will be awesome!

You will be using the other 47 to heat your dilapidated trailor house this winter.

Will Jordan be signing with his rela name? Or will he be signing with his **** name?

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post

The Punisher

1253 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by avengador1:

Why don't you go figure out what size nitrous jets you need for your buddy's car, before you blow it up.

I have asked Steve Numerous times what jets he is running but he wont' answer.

Its probably top secret and need your riced out Level 5 security clearence card to gain access to such information

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post

The Punisher

1253 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Its probably top secret and need your riced out Level 5 security clearence card to gain access to such information

Shaun You Dumbass..you need to be a part of the Vin Diesel Fast and Furious Fan Club. That car is so hot. I have never seen so much junk tacked to a car in my life

I found it here.. your rice mobile is so ricey it made My local rice watchers webpage all the way in Canada..
http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/ktownricers

you should email the guy and tell him your going to sue his ass.. (BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

I want you and Jordan to Autograph my Ballz..use permanent marker as they tend to get quite sweaty.

Exdeath

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ExdeathClick Here to visit Exdeath's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExdeathDirect Link to This Post
Hey Punisher man you took the words right outta my mouth. Who would care about a 11-year old kid and his riced-out fugly car he can't even drive? You must only have like 50 people in the entire town and they all know eachother so they'll come out because of pity. BTW looking at your car, I'm gonna go out to Pep Boys right now and buy 2 giant 6" exhaust tips for my dual exhaust, remove my stock spoiler and put on a 12" metal wing, get some ricey neon for underneath, install fake scoops on the hood, buy like 20 fog lamps, and buy like 10 cans on hot pink spray paint so I can go out and enter my car into some shows. Oh yea don't forget the plastic $20 spinners to stick on my wheels. Did I forget anything?

(edit) Oh yea I almost forgot, gotta go buy a sh!tload of stickers that say things such as "Type-R", "NOS", "VTEC", and "AR (American Racing", even though I don't use Nos, I don't have a Type-R vehicle, and I certainly don't have a VTEC engine.(/edit)
------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 2.8L V6 Automatic
36,000 miles and counting!

[This message has been edited by Exdeath (edited 10-21-2004).]

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
whoopty doo.I bet you would find that thing in popular science for kids.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Wow awesoem a magazine dedicated to putting ricey cars in it. and its not like they did a feature article on your car. You sent the pics in. Its in the Readers rides section.

yea big accomplisment there. Send in a few pics and if the editor things its ricey enough then it gets published. I mean just look at the golf below you.

SH

If it is SO easy to do, has your car ever been in a magazine? You can not even spell or punctuate correctly - I doubt you have the necessary skills to build a magazine worthy car yourself.

I swear I saw a pic of Jordan in an adult magazine posted here a while back..Hmmmm..
Call MAtlock!!!

I can see it now. jordan out signing autographs to a total of three 13 year old ricer kids. It will be awesome!
You will be using the other 47 to heat your dilapidated trailor house this winter.

Will Jordan be signing with his rela name? Or will he be signing with his **** name?

I want you and Jordan to Autograph my Ballz..use permanent marker as they tend to get quite sweaty.

Referencing a child and pornography in any way is just about the most tasteless thing I can think of. Writing something like these 3 posts makes me think you are a very disturbed individual - borderline psychotic/sexual predator type. It is uncalled for, and you should be banned outright for it.

People who come into other peoples' threads and begin bashing away are not funny in the least. You should feel really good about yourself for poking fun at what this father and son have done together. Sadly these days, many fathers (or parents for that matter) do not take the time to interact and bond with thier children, and thus they do not play an important role in shaping who thier children become. Here is a father that is teaching responsibility, pride of ownership, technical knowledge, and people skills (he is getting Jordan in front of people to interact with them). The fact that you are obviously starved for attention in your own life outside of this forum is painfully obvious through almost all of your posts. Don't know what to say other than you should not be such an ass to other people. Maybe your parents never taught you that.

--Will

EDIT: Congrats Steven and Jordon, I love the color and the car is cool.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 10-22-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock