Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2001 Corvette seats vs. Fiero seats..close enough?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

2001 Corvette seats vs. Fiero seats..close enough? by madcurl
Started on: 09-07-2004 01:23 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Philphine on 01-10-2005 11:15 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
From my understanding, the 2001 Corvette seats have the same width as the Fiero seats. However, the Corvette's seats are higher by 3-4"? Is this do to the various electrical components under the seat and the seat railings vs. the Fiero's seat railings?

I'm only interested in the 2001-3 seats and electrical power seats are not my concern. I just want to bolt the seat directly to the floor pan. By doing this...do you think I would have a clearance (height) problem on a choptop?

Thanks madcurl.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl,
My thoughts exactly! Not a a day goes buy when the Corvette seat questions doesn't cross my mind . I hope others chime in. By the way, I 'm in Sacto. Is your car coming this way anytime? Perhaps on the way to the Lake? I would love to see it.

Kevin Sullivan

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Corvette seats are built entirely different from Fiero (at least C4s). Theres no way to attach the seat cushion to floor of the Fiero without using the mounting setup for the vette. Of course Im sure something could be fabricated. The vette cushions sorta ' snap ' into the seat form and stay in with little plastic tabs and spring steel bars. BTW im looking for a nice pair of red seats for my 88 vette.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm not sure about Corvette seats but the F-body seats bolt right up to the Fiero tracks. Knowing how GM is, I would be money that the Corvette seats would also bolt up to the Fiero tracks. If you use the Fiero tracks the loss of headroom would be minimal

I can't imagine how you could bolt the seats to the floorpan. You would have to somehow have really long bolts come up through the bottom of the floorpan in just the right location and torque them from underneath. I suppost it could be done, but it sounds really tricky.

Having said all that, I'd like to try the Corvette seats on the Fiero tracks. Given new higher price of leather it makes it cost effective.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
bolting them to the floorpan from underneithe the car?
i would just use the fiero seat rails with the tabs bend down like archie does and the floor pan modded to drop the rails in a little further.. should leave enough room for the vette seats..

but madcurl as usual you may have to be the first to try it

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

but madcurl as usual you may have to be the first to try it

Darn it! If not me....I know Archie can. Would be nice having a pair of those Corvettes sit'n in a Fiero, hehehehe. It will also match the Corvette brake too. It look like I may have to get them and see.....ummm?

Btw, nothings wrong with having the stock ones but, like everthing else.....let's move on to something new.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Been checking these out but look like it is going to get crazy on the bidding with the price .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7919404121&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 09-07-2004).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Is there a pic comparison we could get?

------------------

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Replied to your pm Madcurl. The seats will fit the Fiero, backrest stands a little taller than the Fiero backrest. Of course you have to fabricate new mounting feet for Fiero stud pattern, and you may have to modify the Fiero floorpan cross brace to maintain all the Corvette electrics (which will come close to it). Didn't get that deep into actually fitting a seat into my Fiero, just took a lot of dimensions to see if it was feasible, and it is.

edit: The twin motors in the mid-point under the seat are where some clearance issues might be present. See photo of bottom on seats posted on eBay. Also, the drivers seats on eBay needs to have the bolsters re-stuffed, cause the guy was pretty lazy getting in, and out of the car deforming the cushions.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 09-08-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Been checking these out but look like it is going to get crazy on the bidding with the price .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7919404 121&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Yeah it's getting up there in price. I may have to bail-out? It dosen't include the shipping which, is about $100 bucks too!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-07-2004).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
The Corvette tracks are a couple of inches longer than the Fiero tracks, but when I was looking into it (and measuring Corvette seats at the dealership), everything else looked really close. I've just always had other things to spend money on.

------------------
Punch the gas and feel the back step sideways; rip off a powershift and hear the tires punished by torque; downshift, lift off and feel the engine braking that comes only from big cubes, listen to the pop and gurgle. Know that you are driving an American V8. There are finer engines made, but none that are this cool.

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Yeah it's getting up there in price. I may have to bail-out?

Still cheap compared to new Mr Mike's and it's the whole seat not just the skins... as much as I like the Mr Mike's I might have to give the whole new seat idea a try.

Curley what are you using for rear speakers? I was thinking of changing to seat speakers but the 'vette seats would rule that out.

KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post
What about your nice Mr. Mikes?

------------------
*~ Out In The West Coast Showin' Off My Bad Habits ~*

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Curley what are you using for rear speakers? I was thinking of changing to seat speakers but the 'vette seats would rule that out.

With the 4.9 who needs seat-head speakers? heehehehe.

To answer your question...nothing. I find it very annoying to have a speaker mounted in the b-piller next to my ear and the N* too. Maybe a small 1" tweeder mounted in the B-piller would be better? For now...I'll just use the 4x6's up front and the 8" sub in the middle. As you know, Archie removes the b-piller speakers and mounts them down in the lower corners.

However, having seat speaker would cause me to loose my hearing. I want to grow old while hearing the Northstar, hehehe.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Who needs speakers or even a radio, when you have the Lingenfelter Symphony making music out the exhaust pipes ??!!!!! I rarely play my radio or CD's when I'm driving.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I have no idea how my exhaust sounds, but it's probably a sweet sound too.

Some tweeters in the b-pillar would probably be sufficient, but I want to have some rear audio, or my 5.1 amp would be a waste and the DVDs just wouldn't sound the same.

EDIT: you mean I have speakers in the lower corners now? There is no radio in the car currently and I didn't think to look down there.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-08-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
EDIT: you mean I have speakers in the lower corners now? There is no radio in the car currently and I didn't think to look down there.

Yeah. He relocated them in the corners. Unless you told Archie not too?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Ummm.......Darn it! The seats have shot-up too $521.01 with 9hr 9min left.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
What the heck!!!!!! $648 shipped and they don't smell new like Mr. Mike's seats. 1 hour left for deal...I'll pass. I'll be calling Mike next year, hehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
uMMM...SOLD AT $741.02 + $85 Shipping = $846.02 used!

And some where complaining about Mr.Mike's prices, hehehehe.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2004 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
dug this up looking for something else (the opposite. fiero seats into a c3 vette) but a small bit of info...

didn't know what archie did with the rear speakers, but the convertible i got had the 4x6's mounted behind the engine module vent openings in the center console. seems like it would have affected venting but it seemed ok up to the time i brought it at 70k mls. (took them out. i'll go with seat speakers later if i come across some). they fit kind of tight and maybe an upgraded set might not fit.

and if someone has put fiero speaker seats in a c3 i'd like to know about it. thanks.

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 01-10-2005).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock