Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Curly's choptop back in CA - New pics! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Curly's choptop back in CA - New pics! by Songman
Started on: 04-05-2004 11:11 PM
Replies: 127
Last post by: exoticse on 12-20-2004 02:00 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Curly finally got the choptop back to CA! He just left my house and I had to snap a few pictures while he was here.. All the new stuff looks pretty dang good! Too bad it wasn't ready for Daytona but it will definitely be at WestFest in July! I'll post the small pics here. If you want to see the full size pics they are on my website at http://www.fiero-performance.com/fiero/curls .

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

RDosdorian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RDosdorianSend a Private Message to RDosdorianDirect Link to This Post
Dale,

What exactly is the display on the passenger side dash??

- Ray

------------------

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Looking really good Curly.

How did you manage to camouflage the bottom of the door?

------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
The bar just got raised another notch.

Very nice.

Archie

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The display on the passenger side is the digital gauge cluster out of the Cadillac that the Northstar came out of...

The arcs on the bottom of the door are just painted black to give it a cleaner look. Those curves really bothered me in the first pictures of the doors so Curly had them paint them black. They look really good now, even in person. You have to really look to see them.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!!!

------------------

0 to 75 Audio http://www.cartsys.com/fiero/cal-engine.wav

ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post
OK, which gauges are those, and when is it going to be for sale, i haveto start saving.....

siiiiiiiiiiiick car

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Yeaaaaaa! Glad to see you finally got to play with your car! I REALLY like the way the doors look, especially the way it's painted black on the bottom!

A Choptop with lambo doors and sick scoops and vents...very sweet car. Hope I get a chance to see it (and meet ya) sometime!

Cool Console! What is the "keypad" near the turn signal stalk? What part got damaged in Florida?

Looks GREAT !!!

-FieroRumor

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 04-06-2004).]

PontiacRcr4evr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacRcr4evrSend a Private Message to PontiacRcr4evrDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap that is beautiful. It looks like a car looks like its some new 2005 prototype, not a 15+ year old pontiac. Absolutly amazing.

The "keypad" near the turn signal switch looks like a power mirror controller to me.

[This message has been edited by PontiacRcr4evr (edited 04-06-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
I ' ve said it before and I 'll say it again,...visually this is the baddest fiero on the planet !

The scary part,....... the soon to be chop top, fender flared, fiero redux that curly is currently working on , as his second fiero, may actually turn out to even top this one !

Curly says he taking everything a notch up on this new one and that when finished it will look even better !! Now that will be sick !!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-06-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianDirect Link to This Post
I love this car!!!! Curly, wanna trade for an 85 SE V6 4 speed? Only 31k miles!!!

Also what happened to the driver side exhaust tip? Or is the whole pipe gone?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The bar just got raised another notch.

I think it got raised about 10 notches...
My Gawd!

I don't know what to ask first so I will just let other's asked the question's.. Besides I am totally speechless!

That is the #1 FIERO EVER!!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003
My daughter {Ciara} did think of one question...
How much did it cost..??

Well, May I ask that..??

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome!!! Makes me wish I had a Fiero!
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Makes me wish I had a Fiero!

Did you sell your 88 that I see on the topic pages..??

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

My daughter {Ciara} did think of one question...
How much did it cost..??

Well, May I ask that..??

Believe it or not I have been keeping a spread sheet of sorts (blow by blow) on this project, asking questions here and there, and I have a pretty good estimate as to what it would take to recreate this baby,......however i am gonna defer any comments or answers to curly.

It's his call if he wants to put out any numbers.

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is...."That is, hands down, the most beautiful fiero I've ever seen"

Have fun and enjoy.

------------------
3 Indys, 1 is A/C delete
84 Black/Silver T-top custom
85 GT speedster
86 GT Yellow
86 GT Pearl White, T-top, 3.4 engine
88 Formula, Red
88 GT White, T-top, 5 speed.

However......
"Time is the most precious and perishable of my possessions."

Buy IRM, again! at www.fierowarehouse.com

2point5fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2point5fieroSend a Private Message to 2point5fieroDirect Link to This Post
HOLY WHOA DAM!

WAY TOO CLEAN AND GOOD LOOKING!

------------------
G Mo

Quote from Street&Strip

I think I've drove people crazy talking about Fieros over here. I'm like a travelling evangelist trying to convert people
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I had typed out a sarcastic post comparing curly's choptop to someone elses fiero and was going to call it rice or something..

Just couldn't do it... beautiful car dude... absolutely amazing! there isn't a bad line to it, the wheels match the concept perfect, the chop is about perfect, the door mod totally makes it work, the interior is pretty amazing... etc etc...

Nice work!

2point5fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2point5fieroSend a Private Message to 2point5fieroDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get a headliner exactly like that in the same color?

------------------
G Mo

Quote from Street&Strip

I think I've drove people crazy talking about Fieros over here. I'm like a travelling evangelist trying to convert people
PFF
System Bot
furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Words wont describe how awsome that Fiero is!

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO
Visit My Website at www.furiousfiero.owns.it and don't forget to leave me a "+"

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
No doubt in my mind that Curly's car is the nicest fiero I've ever seen, or will ever see. Only 2 things I would change on it. Needs another exhaust outlet. I know it only has 1 to pass california'a strict smog laws but maybe having 2 different exhaust systems would work. 1 pipe to pass smog and the duel to put on right after the test Not like your emissions are actually changing.

And maybe some chrome checker plating instead of the carpet. I liked the blue checker plating in the blue piranah (sp)

Beautiful car Curly, you are the envy of us all!

------------------

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess we know who has the best fiero. That is simply beutifull!

------------------
-Chris

86 GT
***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the beautiful ride!

That keypad next to the turn signals looks like a factory power mirror switch to me!

MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever
Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance........ GOT 19"s?? RIMS/TIRES FOR SALE!!! ONLY 2,000 Miles

[This message has been edited by MOBILE (edited 04-06-2004).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
It looks great!!!
But I have to wonder, do the small gauges in the arm rest not get in the way?
Do you not hit them when your shifting gears?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Very nice curly ! I love to see owners go for the extream on the bodies of these little cars !

How about a build up thread like someone else did??

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely the best looking Fiero I have ever seen(or probably ever will).

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
I still don't know what to say.

hands down the best looking car out there in my opinion

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely beautiful and I'm certain that Curley is glad to have it back home!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I think it got raised about 10 notches...
My Gawd!

I don't know what to ask first so I will just let other's asked the question's.. Besides I am totally speechless!

That is the #1 FIERO EVER!!!

Yeah, what smooth said. Holy Crap! WOW!!!!

------------------

Now over 500 pics of our growing fleet of Pontiac excitement:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-06-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProDirect Link to This Post
I must bow down before you, Curly...I'm not worthy...
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------

My Web page

MtVilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MtVillaSend a Private Message to MtVillaDirect Link to This Post
MY gosh thats a fine looking car cant think of what else to say WELL DONE man well done! MtVilla
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthian:

Also what happened to the driver side exhaust tip? Or is the whole pipe gone?

It has a single exhaust so it will pass California's smog test. For some reason, since the original Caddy only had one cat, Curly could only use one cat. Too bad.....it would look so much nicer with two sets of pipes hanging out the rear!

Originally posted by 8Ball:

But I have to wonder, do the small gauges in the arm rest not get in the way?
Do you not hit them when your shifting gears?

Nope.....it's an auto!

Lookin' good Curly! I can't wait to see it at WestFest!!!

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

It has a single exhaust so it will pass California's smog test. For some reason, since the original Caddy only had one cat, Curly could only use one cat. Too bad.....it would look so much nicer with two sets of pipes hanging out the rear!

Wow... I never noticed that!

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd probably install a "fake" 2nd exhaust tip just to even out the appearance

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
i hate it, its terrible...and...uh.....[INSERT JEALOUSY BANNER HERE]

------------------
-Monkey

9 Fieros....help

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

FieroMonkey

3294 posts
Member since Nov 2002
ok, on a serious note. I love the wheels especially. i dont know if i have seen another set of wheels fill the fieros wells quite so perfectly as that set. and the offset is perfect!
MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post
Very nice! Really like the interior! Very nice looking car!!!!!!
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2004 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Definately King of the Mountain.

Please bring it to The Rally Through The Valley. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock