Look! A newbie! by The Funkmaster
Started on: 10-14-2004 09:43 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Ambush on 10-16-2004 09:57 PM
The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone! My name is Steve, and I'll be your newbie today. I've been lurking here for around 9 months or so, and bought a Fiero about three months ago. My buddy (Mizer) got me hooked on these wee speedy cars, and I had no choice but to buy one. I managed to snag a gold 1986 GT. The motor promptly spewed it's life-giving oil out the rear main seal, so I took the opportunity to pull everything that was giving me a problem off the car and start from scratch. This was two months ago. Currently, the car is in my garage, sans cradle, and the engine is getting the performance rebuild it deserves. Want to hear about it? Here you go!

I pulled the engine out, and found the clutch oil-soaked... (and almost non-existent.) The rear main had gone, sooooo, I decided to just throw caution to the wind and get everything rebuilt as I figured it would need it anyhow. I got into it thinking I was about to spend two thousand canadian, but as of today the price tag will be somewhere around, oh, 6 grand. That's twice what I paid for the car. But hey, it's going to be.... so fast. :P

After being punched 30 over, the engine is recieving a cam with .440 at the valves, all new valve gear with full roller rockers, and forged pistons and moly rings. I will be running #17 injectors with a fuel pressure regulator, getting a new exhaust setup (reccomendations?) and a nice dual friction clutch. I think. Anyone have any comments on what clutch I should go with? 9.75" kevlar and organic, I'm thinking. I already have a RD comp short shifter (very, very nice) and Kris Munson's flush mount headlights (If I can put them in anytime soon.)

By now you all want pics, but I have none small enough I'll get more! I promise!

Comment at me if you want!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I would like to welcome you and have fun.

now I want to see pics!

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Welcome, it's great to see new people joining in, and really nice to see another Canadian here!

Got any pictures of your car? If so, share!

------------------

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
hey, welcome to the forum! With all this air moving through your engine, i'm guessing (just a shot in the wind) that your engine is going to be wanting more air through the intake than the intake wants to give. If that happens (probably will), keep an eye on this thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/051176.html

It should complete your custom engine .

Best of luck with rebuild!

------------------
96k Miles, 2nd owner

alienfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alienfieroSend a Private Message to alienfieroDirect Link to This Post
Polish the combustion chambers!
timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
welcome .... its nice to see other B.C. residents on here
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I feel so loved...

Thanks for the heads-up on that manifold too, now I have another thing to spend money on!

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!

Originally posted by The Funkmaster:

now I have another thing to spend money on!

Yeah, if you look up "Fiero" in an Italian dictionary, you'll find it means something along the lines of "very proud". But in English, I'm pretty sure it means "maxed-out credit card" .

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF!! (as an official member, not just a lurker).

------------------
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd --- "Peg" --- 1985 GT - THE FORGOTTON GT!

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 10-15-2004).]

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Booo I Saw Chilliwack And Got Excited But BAH ...Its Just You Damn Steve

Anywho Good Luck On Your Rebuild..

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Last Addon : Poly Bushing All Around
Next Addon : 3800 Supercharged Engine (98 Regal)
Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Done and done!

There she is. Shiny.

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
and thanks to me for uploading the picture.. =p

------------------

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Yes; thank you mizer... I was so excited that I totally ignored your needs
Ambush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmbushClick Here to visit Ambush's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmbushDirect Link to This Post
Welcome.......Wow car looks so nice, i thought you said it had a gang of probs. was that just an excuse to open her up?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock