Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Should bookster really have been banned? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Should bookster really have been banned? by freshfiero
Started on: 10-02-2004 09:59 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-08-2004 03:33 PM
freshfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroDirect Link to This Post
Now i'm not trying to get banned, but have been gone for a few days so i need to get cought up! the way i'm reading this is some unknown fiero guy had an issue with a "well known" fiero guy and brought it semi-public. He posted an opinion and like anyone of us would of done, got backed into the corner and for a lack of a better term went down fighting. He simply had a disageement with one of the fiero worlds best know icon! I'm niether for or against bookster and archie in this situation and i agree bookster and archie could have settled there issue through privete e-mails and bookster would never of been banned, My real question here is Did enough of us jump on a bandwagon to get this guy banned, were you aggreeing with archie because he's archie or was is a good move banning bookster? PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME OR GIVE ME A NEG. i'm just curious about the conflict that ended with a member being banned. -gary-
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
FWIW I had a negative rating for bookster well before his last episode, the guy was a troll right from the get-go.
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
i took no part in this, only reading it.
But just from my observation, Boogster made some questionable comments, he was called on them, couldn't back them up, and lost credibility that he hadn't even earned, inevitably getting him banned.....end of the Boogster Saga.
John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteDirect Link to This Post
He came across as a piece of crap; and, I rated him accordingly. Good riddance.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Bookster got banned because he was a BS-spewing troll, not because he had an issue with Archie.
DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freshfiero:

1. some unknown fiero guy had an issue with a "well known" fiero guy and brought it semi-public.
2. He posted an opinion
3. He simply had a disageement with one of the fiero worlds best know icon!
4. My real question here is Did enough of us jump on a bandwagon to get this guy banned
5. PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME OR GIVE ME A NEG.
6. i'm just curious about the conflict that ended with a member being banned.

-gary-

1. Not about being a known or unknown Fiero guy. He pointed the finger at archie, and couldnt back it up.
2. He had a GRUDGE, not a opinion!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Not a disagreement, a slanderous post on another person. Again without PROOF!!!!!
4. No band wagon, just the right thing to do. Someone starts throwing sh!t without any PROOF, would you SUPPORT them or the other guy?????
5. No flame or negs here. Your post is a opinion, not coming in and pointing the finger and TELLING everyone how WRONG we are to jump on the bandwagon.
6. Re-read the whole thread..........its all in there.

No such thing as a wrong question, just a wrong ATTITUDE on Booksters part. (theres a few of em running around on here)

My .02
but Im also a unknown Fiero guy.

+ for your question

------------------
Bottles are for babies

[This message has been edited by DelawareFiero (edited 10-02-2004).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
A word of advice. If you're going to call someone a liar and accuse them of stealing from you, be prepared to show proof. In this case, bookster said Archie had ripped him off. Well, it's not Archie's responsibility to prove he didn't - it was bookster's responsibility to prove he did. But all he was interested in was throwing out flames and offering no real proof.

There have been many threads where people have made false claims against someone else, or even false claims about themselves (fake timeslips, etc.) In most cases it doesn't take too long for the community do figure out if someone is full of crap or not.

------------------

westtexas

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasDirect Link to This Post
"FWIW I had a negative rating for bookster well before his last episode, the guy was a troll right from the get-go."

I gave him a negative a long time ago also. He was looking for attention, couldn't care less about Fieros.

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jelly2m8:

FWIW I had a negative rating for bookster well before his last episode, the guy was a troll right from the get-go.

I had also given him a negative before this, and I hadn't realized it, until I went to rate him, and determined I already had. Whether it was Archie he was after, or it was a common Joe, such as myself, I would have still rated him negatively... He wasn't posting a fair warning of bad service or goods, he was simply out to tarnish someone's rep... Earning himself an instant negative from me, and obviously others.

Nic

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I didn't read all of it but from what I saw he was trying to get himself banned. I never saw anything from him in his threads but unsubstanciated acusations.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, some people say that it was wrong that he was banned just because it was Archie and not someone else. There's a reason that he was banned, and that's because most people here have a great deal of respect for Archie.

------------------

My Web page

PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Well, some people say that it was wrong that he was banned just because it was Archie and not someone else. There's a reason that he was banned, and that's because most people here have a great deal of respect for Archie.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that. The respect people have for Archie had nothing to do with his banishment; IF he had had a ligit gripe against Archie, he could have expressed exactly the same thoughts, without resorting to the defamation and character assassination he did. The fact that he chose what would be, in the words of the U.S. Supreme Court, "fighting words, " and the fact that Pennocks has an informal code of conduct to prevent this very thing from snowballing into something bigger, justifies his banning.

------------------

"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Good riddance (and not because I'm an 'Archie Fan', but because I hate trolls).
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freshfiero:

.....My real question here is Did enough of us jump on a bandwagon to get this guy banned, were you aggreeing with archie because he's archie or was is a good move banning bookster? PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME OR GIVE ME A NEG. i'm just curious about the conflict that ended with a member being banned. -gary-

Bookster came on here with an accusation that was answered. Archie went through his records and replied that he has never received an order or any money from anyone that Bookster claimed he was, and Bookster wouldn't provide proof, even when asked for it. He continued to call Archie a liar and a thief, even though he didn't have a leg to stand on.

This has nothing to do with Archie. There is another thread out there, and at the moment I don't recall which one it is, where a couple of our members questioned the same thing......money sent, nothing received.....where Archie was the vendor, and Archie answered with explainations about both transactions. In both of those cases, Archie was not at fault at all and the problems were resolved. Neither of these members were rated off of Pennocks because they acted maturely and accepted that the reasons for the problems had nothing at all to do with Archie.

So, you have a member that was banned because he's an a**hole.....nothing more. Archie is very well respected by many on here, but he still has to answer to his customers. That's how business is run. Unfortunately, what needs to happen is that when a problem arises, an unhappy customer comes here and posts it in public when it should have been directly between a customer and vendor. We only hear one side until a reply appears, and that may take a couple of days. That's not fair to the vendor, which in this case was Archie. He had to show all of us that he was doing proper business, and he shouldn't have to waste time defending himself in public to private matters.

Just me .04 cents

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
To answer the question in the subject line... Yes.

As so many others have said, it had nothing to do with it being Archie. Regardless of what the 'Red Bar Brigade' may want people to think, negatives are because you have a different opinion. They come from abusing people who don't share your opinion. Or from, as in this case, just being abusive overall. Yes, the accusation made repeatedly even though it has been disproved over and over didn't help him any, but in the end it was his abusive personality that got him banned.

On a slightly different subject, I hope we don't have to have a thread explaining the reasons every time someone is banned. Cliff gives all kinds of leeway on this forum for people with different opinions. He doesn't believe in censorship, but he knows that people will cross the lines if allowed. He lets us govern ourselves. This forum really is a Democracy. Each member has one vote. The people who would abuse other members have a very visible scale that shows them when they are in trouble. They choose to either fix it or, in most cases, they get worse and just blame it on the good ole boys ganging up on them. Several people have been banned and then came back under other names and end up right back where they started because while the name may have changed, the abusive attitude didn't... The only problem I see with Cliff's system is that it is too lenient sometimes.. But it is Cliff's forum and I respect his wishes.

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com
2nd Annual California Coast Run

ditch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

I have no reason to support Archie myself. I don't know him firsthand. I will say that from what I've read on this forum that Archie is class act. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him. I read the thread where Bookster accused Archie of ripping him off. He didn't offer any proof though. It was his responsibility to do that if he was going to open his mouth. He did absolutely nothing to support his argument. That's why he got banned. Heck, Archie even offered proof on his end that the transaction never happened....he didn't even need to do that. If you throw accusations around with no proof it's simple, you're probably full of crap like I bet he was.

Maybe some of it has to do with the fact that Archie is a respected member, but the fact is he threw out unsupported accusations.

Dave

[This message has been edited by ditch (edited 10-03-2004).]

fieroz34tdc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroz34tdcSend a Private Message to fieroz34tdcDirect Link to This Post
Well I feel every one has there opinion. Iguess I will get flamed here.
Every one has there say in court.
Banning some one because they have a gripe is bad for all of us.
If by chance some one has a problem with another,
or some one has the power to ban another, that is bad.
Deal with it one on one or get others input.
Don't pass judgment banning someone for there input.
Bookster passed judgment on Archie.l
And vis versa. Let them do there pi$$isng match.
Don't jump in and kill for it.
fieroz34tdc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroz34tdcSend a Private Message to fieroz34tdcDirect Link to This Post

fieroz34tdc

17 posts
Member since Sep 2004
And what is this Troll sh!t?

How do you call some one a troll.
I seen Archie's stuff it is cool.
I seen he has his hands full.
I see the complaints too.
But I don't see is bookster's right to be kicked off.
Lets see he's been on awile and Archie is an icon here
is he above the law?
sorry to ***** just my opinion.
Archie is what you all call untouchable.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Hmm, new member registers right after bookster gets banned and does nothing but pull up old posts where bookster was flaming Archie.

Not very subtle.

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
And using the same basic sentence structure......hmmm.
Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
And he writes in the same style as his old user name.

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
95 Talon TSi AWD 4g64

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'll say it again... YES...

And he'll most likely get banned very quickly again under his new name.

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroz34tdc, formerly known as bookster, soon to be known as gone:

[This message has been edited by Stinkin_V8 (edited 10-04-2004).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroz34tdc:

Well I feel every one has there opinion. Iguess I will get flamed here.
Every one has there say in court.

Opinions are fine and expected. You accused without proof. You lose.

Banning some one because they have a gripe is bad for all of us.

No one gets banned because of a gripe. They get banned because they are liars, abusers, and just plain idiots. Others have posted complaints about Archie and were not banned. They brought up questions, were honest with their issues, and the issues were resolved. No banning. But you? Give us proof!

If by chance some one has a problem with another,
or some one has the power to ban another, that is bad.

One person cannot ban another, except for Cliff, and he was never involved. You were sent away by a lot of people.......

Deal with it one on one or get others input.
Don't pass judgment banning someone for there input.
Bookster passed judgment on Archie.l
And vis versa. Let them do there pi$$isng match.
Don't jump in and kill for it.

It wasn't passing judgement. You accused him of stealing, and you offered no proof. Nothing. Zip. That's not passing judgement, that's a fair trial. You lose. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. You were banned because you lied about a transaction that never happened.

How do you call some one a troll.
I seen Archie's stuff it is cool.
I seen he has his hands full.
I see the complaints too.

Troll? Wow.....that's an easy one. You went out looking for trouble, and you found it. That's called trolling.

By the way, the only complaints are from idiots like you without proof.

But I don't see is bookster's right to be kicked off.

Of course not. You are an idiot.

Lets see he's been on awile and Archie is an icon here
is he above the law?

No one is above the law here. (except Cliff, but he never tries to break it )

sorry to ***** just my opinion.
Archie is what you all call untouchable.

Archie is not untouchable, as is no one else here. But, it seems that when he gets questioned about anything regarding his business, he seems to have his ducks all in a row and does just fine. He takes care of the customer, pays his bills, and goes way out of his way to help out people in the Fiero world. That makes him special, and many of us respect him for that help and his contribution to the Fiero community.

Way to go, there, Greg.....you're still an idiot.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

4307 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by Songman:

I'll say it again... YES...

Anyone laying odds on his banning? I say by noon tomorrow (Tuesday).

Mark

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

I'm helping him with that.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stinkin_V8:

ROTFLMAO .

cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
I think we shoulda taken him out back and slapped him around a bit.

------------------
88 4cyl auto Fiero, AC, sunroof, tilt steering, rear swaybar
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
it is good that he is gone, we do not need a a hole in this forum

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stinkin_V8:

Buying A Fiero......................................................$500
Fixing it up...........................................................$1500
Buying a computer so we can play on Pennocks.......$1500
Cable internet access...........................................$45
This picture of Greg...............................................

........................Priceless

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking bookster was an alterego of ray_b, but then I thought.. he hasn't anything about neo con pycho bushII's yet.. so no

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Stinkin V-8, for a bad photoshop, that borders on comedic genius. I need to quit drinking soda when I read Pennock's...it keeps gettin' sprayed all over the screen when I come across that kind of stuff unexpectedly, lol.
By the way, wasn't the original photo of Greg shot at the Overlook Hotel? Isn't that in Colorado?
"Heeeeeere's JOHNNY!!!

------------------

"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 10-04-2004).]

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
LOL, thanks guys.. It's a total 10-second photoshop hack, I was laughing way too hard to do any decent work.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
So Fieroz34tdc= Bookster? If so, he deserves to be banned. I guess he didn't get the message the first time around.
Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
I'm sorry, I just couldn't leave this undone...

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

So Fieroz34tdc= Bookster? If so, he deserves to be banned. I guess he didn't get the message the first time around.

It does seem sort of strange that it takes a long time for someone to bet banned and then the next day he is back and posting in the thread about being banned. If the person is allowed to come back the next day it would be better if no one was banned. It is a lot harder to keep track of the new name and who it is than if they were just allowed to harass under their origional name.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Well it looks like he almost got himself banned again, it won't be long with his bar flashing the way it is.
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
wow some people try for months to get a rateing bar... this guy can do it in 1/2 an hour to 3 hours tops... wow...

------------------

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Actually, He signed up with the new name before he got banned. I wonder how many other names he has registered already?
It looks like this one is gone soon.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Actually, He signed up with the new name before he got banned. I wonder how many other names he has registered already?
It looks like this one is gone soon.

How many other names do you have, you might be him as well... nahhh You're a good guy, bookster was not. Random bit of info, O man rocks

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock