Anybody have info on installing a 4.9 by 4.9 PFI FIERO
Started on: 09-01-2004 10:08 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Exotic Rida on 09-04-2004 02:08 PM
4.9 PFI FIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
I've got the engine and the 4t60e and im just waiting on some info or a guru to help. I'm doing the work with my shade tree pit crew of 3. I have asked west coast fiero about the mounts for the 4t60e and he says that it will bolt up to the cradle with no modifications using his mounts but they are mostly used with the v6 swaps. Would I be able to use those mounts with the 4.9 swap. my car is already auto ( 87GT ).

One more question what makes more sense to you: 1. Mount the engine then get the harness from ed parks (least expensive) or 2. Get harness before mounting (most expensive)? Take a pick

[This message has been edited by 4.9 PFI FIERO (edited 09-01-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HarryG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGDirect Link to This Post
Not sure where you're going with that 2nd question! But it's definitely easier to set-up the wiring on the cradle, out of the chassis. Unless your pit crew just likes leaning over fenders to work on wiring!

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
What I wanted to say was get the engine mounted and test fitted before buying the wires
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
If you are buying a pre-made harness from Ed Parks, then is does not matter when you get it as it is just plug and play (some mod needed for the speedo circuit). Way differnet if you were making up your own harness.
bamman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanDirect Link to This Post
I got all my info from bubbajoe's site. " The Alternative V8 Fiero". Hope this helps.
Exotic Rida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post
i am NOT helping you put that harness in when the engine is in the car(im helping him)
you better get that ed parks harness!!!!!

lol!!!!!

btw my 3.4 DOHC will be faster anyway!!!!

Ahhh Behold the power of DOHC!!!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock