Started on: 08-28-2004 07:28 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: WingNut - MD on 08-31-2004 04:51 PM
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I have been asked by Ken Schadlak of the Michigan Fiero Club to inform the Forum of being able to see the Fiero Prototypes. The event will be Thursday, September 02, 2004 at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI from 6-8PM. We are to meet at the Tech Center at 5:30.

This event is an opportunity that is not easy to arrange. There will be extra security assigned to watch over us, so the best behavior is expected of the participants. Ken is hoping to have a good number of Fieros show up in the parking lot to show off our interest in the cars to the GM people that will be leaving work.

If you are serious about attending, please PM me so that I can compile a list for Ken and supply directions. We do need to know who is coming.

We are not guaranteed to be able to allow cameras in to the lobby.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 275,000 miles
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW, sounds like a great oppurtunity!!!! but as usual it happens to fall on the day of the week when I have 10 things all going on at the same time. Kudos to you and everyone that makes these kind of things a possibility for all of us

have fun and make sure you get a lot of pics (if allowed).

Dan

------------------

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I have previous plans but will try my darndest to do both. Is there a raffle afterward? winner takes a prototype home?
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Man it sucks living so far from all the action . Well i hope the attendance is high and everyone has a blast . Don't forget the pics (I know there will be some somehow
SLagrec1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLagrec1Send a Private Message to SLagrec1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for arranging this. I'm in. Most likely my son too. PM sent.

------------------
Steve, 87 Fiero GT, Getrag w/Ultimate Shift Kit, Street Dreams drop spindles, Poly mounts, KYBs, Borla exhaust, Infinity audio, DashScan

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Unless they are rolling out something different for you, I can tell you what cars are there because I just visited a week or two ago. 90 prototype, black and yellow drag car, PPG blue pace car, 4 seater Fiero, and that's about it.

As far as camaras...they wouldn't let employees take pictures. In other words, it's all of the same cars that were at the Fiero show last year for the 20th.

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

------------------
Thanks Aus!
More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pHoOl:

Unless they are rolling out something different for you, I can tell you what cars are there because I just visited a week or two ago. 90 prototype, black and yellow drag car, PPG blue pace car, 4 seater Fiero, and that's about it.

As far as camaras...they wouldn't let employees take pictures. In other words, it's all of the same cars that were at the Fiero show last year for the 20th.

The #2 Indy Pace Car and the #55 GTU car should be there to. The six cars were cleaned up and ready for loading on to a truck on August 10th. Granted that these cars were at the 20th Anniversary show. The main purpose of this visit is to get more exposure of the Fiero to the GM employees. This visit had to be approved through the ranks of the Tech Center Managers. Making an impression is important because a Fiero event in the future at the Tech Center is being talked about. Besides, chances to see the cars on a regular basis is pretty slim.

So far I have had four responses to go.

Fred

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fred,

This was also discussed by Ken this evening at the Michigan Fiero Club meeting. There was a lot of interest in this with our club members. It is many of the same cars that were at the 20th, however like Fred said above if we all show up in our Fieros, we can hopefully make an impression on the GM people that are there. We can all show them how the Fiero is still alive and has a following, just like many of their other cars.

This is our time to shine with GM. It appears that they are finally recoginizing the Fiero. Let's sieze the moment! Carpe Diem!

------------------
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd------ "Peg" ------ 1985 GT - THE FORGOTTON GT!

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Oh man, a Fiero show at the Tech Center? Now that'd be sweet.

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd

Latest Mod: Poly Rear and Coilovers (HMS 350#)

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
I think it's great that Ken was able to set this up. However, if you think you're going to create a great impression upon GM by showing up in your car, think again, as 95% of the employees will be home eating dinner by 5pm (and that includes more management personnel than the worker bees). I'm not kidding guys, that place is a ghost town at 5pm. Just thought I'd let you know about this, so you won't be too disappointed.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Tom,

Seeing you post here begs me to ask, will you be there with the "kid?" Hope to see you there. Maybe I can finally get a ride?

Mark

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Most likely no, can't wait to get away from this place at quitting time.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Most likely no, can't wait to get away from this place at quitting time.

I guess I can not blame you. Most of us run like Fred Flintstone at quitting time. Yabba Dabba Do

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock