Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Official 2004 Heartland Fieros Car Show pictures thread...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Official 2004 Heartland Fieros Car Show pictures thread... by Darth Fiero
Started on: 08-22-2004 01:57 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Dave Gunsul on 08-23-2004 11:57 AM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
What a beautiful day, it was 70 some degrees and sunny. 46 cars registered and there were a few that showed up that did not enter but that exceeded our expectations for a 1st year event! I was the official photographer and used Fred's fancy digital camera to snap nearly 100 pictures of the cars. However I will leave it up to him to post those pics (so I don't have to wait to upload all of them); he also has the official results. I do have some pics I snapped using my cam so here they are:

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002
After the show nearly 30 some people showed up at Fred's house for the cookout.

What a great time we had. The quality of the cars and people who attended really made this show great. I look forward to seeing everyone next year!

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | www.gmtuners.com

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Great Pics, looks like a very good show, wish I could have attended. Maybe next year.

------------------
Ron
aka: Blackrams

Stinkin_V8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
Looks like a good time. Interesting, I spotted two NA 3800 conversions in there..
Bazooka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
Nice lookin show. Probably a little of everything in there. I see an LS-1, some 3800 sc, and some sharp stock Fieros. Congrats to all you guys for making it happen.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Heartland Fieros first car show was a success!!! I had a lot of fun hosting this show. The day ended up being one of those 74 degree, 44% humidity, not a cloud in the sky, lets get the good car out kind of days. So a combination of the weather, the people, and the beautiful Fieros made for a day that I will not forget. The official car count was 46 cars registered for the show and 8 Fieros parked in the surrounding streets through out the day. I had 8 states represented from around the Midwest. I really have to compliment the Heartland Fiero volunteers. With all the help I received, I did not have to recruit any volunteers from our guests from out of town. The show went very smooth for me with only a few minor glitches that really were not significant. Thank You to all the participants that brought out the cars. The show definately made a good impression upon the public that attended. The event was topped off by a third page newspaper article with a large photo. Well, enough of the blabbin and out with the pictures.

Awards:

Door prizes from the Fiero Store, NIFE, Barjan Corporation, O'Reilly Auto Parts, GMTuners (DarthFiero) and Heartland Fieros:

The SD-1 saw plenty of use during both the show and the after show cook out:

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
We used the 5-3-1 averaging Peoples Choice method for the awards.

The winners:

Stock Four Cylinder Coupe:

First Place Barb Hack from Michigan, 84 SE

Second Place John Ray from Illinois, 84 SE with 9,400 miles.

Third Place Jack Slater from Iowa, 86 sport coupe, 11,000 miles. This was one neat and clean gold coupe with no options except Auto and A/C:

Stock Six Cylinder Coupe:

First Place Chris Lewis from Wisconsin, 88 Formula:

Second Place Doug Rose from Indiana, 88 Yellow Formula 5spd. Sorry, no picture.

Third Place Ed Hering from Illinois 85 SE:

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Stock Fastback GT:

First Place Vince Badali from Illinois, 88 GT

Second Place Jim Hallman from Illinois, 88 GT This car also won the Best in Show Stock Fiero

Third Place Tom Podzeimski ( The Prezzz) from Wisconsin 87 GT

Semi- Custom

First Place Mike Johnson from Iowa, 88 GT:

Second Place Rich Benanti of Illinois, 87 GT:

Third Place Richard and Nancy Edzards from Nebraska, 88 GT This car also received best in show custom Fiero:

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Custom

First Place Lee Mizelle of Michigan, 87 SE

Second Place Robert Holtz of Michigan, 86 GT This car also won the Highest Mileage Award with 292,561 miles.

Third Place Tom Schmidt of Wisconsin, 86 SE

Modified

First Place Paul Vargyas from Illinois, 88 Formula

Second Place Gene Hoesman from Illinois, 88 GT Convertible

Third Place Kevin Lindeman from Minnesota, 85 GT

PFF
System Bot
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
I had each participant indicate on the registration form if the Fiero that they entered was driven daily. A panel of judges went out and looked at the cars that said that they were daily driven and determined which cars would receive the Daily Driver Awards.

Best Daily Driver Aaron Kelley from Iowa 86 GT

Runner-Up Best Daily Driver Chris Jobe from Iowa, 85 GT

I will post some more pictures tomorrow,

Fred

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
This was an excellent show and i had a great time. Many thanks to Fred and all the Heartland bunch for putting on such a great show and an equally great aftershow cookout/party.
Even the hotel is worth mentioning. we had a wonderful view as you can see here:

Besides the great show i was also very lucky to be allowed to drive my friends 3.4 DOHC swapped Fiero GT. I will tell you all very honestly right here and now that before friday if you had asked me about this kind of swap i would have said; no i wouldn't do that engine in a Fiero. Now i am very seriously interested in this engine for my own car. I was so inspired by this that i plan on doing a driving impressions thread today on it. At any rate, i wanted to thank my good friend Jeff for allowing me to drive his car so much this weekend, it was a real blast and you did a great job on that car! Here is Jeff and his car at Heartlands show on saturday:

Also like to give a special thanks to Fred and Heartland for their award for N.I.F.E.'s soon to be leaving president, Rich Benanti. Rich has been with NIFE since the very beginning in 91 and is the second name, next to the clubs founder Jim Hallman, on the clubs charter. He will be missed very much and i know your award to him touched him greatly.

------------------
Activities Director N.I.F.E.

www.fierofocus.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock