Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Liked WestFest? Coast Run 2004 coming up! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Liked WestFest? Coast Run 2004 coming up! by Songman
Started on: 07-22-2004 02:32 PM
Replies: 187
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-01-2004 03:57 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
This is the first call for a show of hands on who plans to attend the 2nd Annual California Coast Run. Letting us know if you are coming helps us plan for dinners, hotel rooms, etc...

What: 2nd Annual California Coast Run
When: November 12-14, 2004
Where: San Simeon, California

---

While everyone is still stoked about what a huge success WestFest was, I want to go ahead and throw out the dates for the California Coast Run 2004! This will be the second Coast Run and from what I am hearing it is going to be a lot bigger than last year! This is not a show and shine. This is the place to come and hang out with other Fiero owners, check out all the latest mods, see some beautiful Pacific Coast scenery, and most importantly... DRIVE YOUR CAR!

California State Highway 1 runs right along the coast on our route from San Simeon to Monterey. Every turn brings on a new vista view that will take your breath - unless you are driving too fast and have to keep your eyes on the road! Our route will be slightly different this year and the Northern turnaround point has not been set, but as last year, the base hotel is the San Simeon Courtesy Inn.

I hope everyone will start planning ahead and make this a great run! We've already got vendors offering up prizes for the raffle so you have a chance at going home with some great Fiero merchandise too! This years dates are November 12-13-14. The actual run up the coast will be on the 13th.

Check here for pictures from last year's Coast Run:
http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/coast_run1.html

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dale... Email me all the info for the Coast Run, or can I just basically dupe the WestFest info on the Event Calendar!?

Plus, if you liked the ugly mexican french made, with the asian accent, you will definately wanna come to the Coast Run!

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there! I'm gunna ask the parents if I can get a room... but I'm sure they'll let me. I dunno, I might even have a few little changes to my car... who knows?

Janell
ps. Goobz, you sure that was an asian accent? sounded mexican to me... "More margaritas? Si Si? Wee wee?"

[This message has been edited by atleastitruns (edited 07-22-2004).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
of course i'm coming.
i think i might even stay a couple extra days.Theres a lot to see and do and this time i think i'll try sleeping so i'll need a couple more days.

Now what car should i try and get going for the trip?
i know.One that will make it back!!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Now what car should i try and get going for the trip?
i know.One that will make it back!!

lmao

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

spddy

815 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Nancy and I will be there, Is there going to be a fast/slow group again or are we going to try & keep together?
Just wondering as to which car to bring

Anything I can do just let me know

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Do I get to relax this time instead of work? Heh heh.
atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

Anything I can do just let me know

ditto!

also... I was wondering if anyone would like a passenger on the actual run. I don't wanna be in the slow group again, and since I have a little 4 banger... AND this car has to last me thru college, I was kinda hopin' someone who's planning to be in the fast group would let me ride along with them. Please? I'll be a little angel... even if my knuckles are white afterwards. hahaha. but hey, all kidding aside... anyone willing to lemme ride along?

Thanks much!
Janell

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I think we definitely want to line people up with the faster ones in the front and the ones who want a more leisurely pace in the back. It's bad enough when we have people driving slow that won't let us by. Hopefully this year Rie and I will be able to go beforehand and do a little marking or make a good map or something. We had the list of stops last year with the odometer readings but those are never exact. Last year I was in the front and I don't guess anyone complained about the speed (other than Rie!) but if I can get good markings out I may let someone else take the lead this time. I'll be in a brand new car that I am not used to so I probably won't push too hard... Especially after watching tednelson's acrobatic driving last weekend!

Goober, the hotel information is all the same as it was for WestFest. We will get the same $59 room rate per night. We will do something different for food on Saturday night but if you want to bring the grill up for Friday night then feel free.

We learned a lot last year and will probably do some things different this year. I don't know exactly what yet but something... The weather will be a good bit cooler than it was at the Coast Run so everyone will want to make sure and bring warm clothes.

If anyone wants to put some suggestions up for things they would like to see or do while there, feel free to e-mail me.

And Janell, I had the only 4-cylinder at the Run For The Hills one year and I was right up there in the middle of it all. There is nothing wrong with a Duke at all. It's only about 40HP less than a 2.8 anyway...

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
I'll go for Friday night and the Saturday run north. After lunch Saturday, I'll head home. I have a football game to go to on Sunday.

GO NINERS

Roy

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
We will be there.
The car should be done by then He called me today and told me he was going to put the second color on it Monday.

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Dale a planned beach party bonfire would be nice.I would hate it but i could bring a 4x4 to take stuff down to the beach.I saw there was access

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST And folks always remember to eat before driving on the coast.If you fly off the cliff and no one finds you the only thing worse than knowing you are going to bleed to death alone is to do it hungry.

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Dale a planned beach party bonfire would be nice.I would hate it but i could bring a 4x4 to take stuff down to the beach.I saw there was access

OR.....We run a bunch of fieros down to the store & load up some wood, I know we cant hold much but there is a lot of fieros,' Or else Im sure we could talk goober into loading up some in the official fiero tow vehicle

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post

Dale a planned beach party bonfire would be nice. I would hate it but i could bring a 4x4 to take stuff down to the beach. I saw there was access

I have plenty of wood!!!! if people would like to stop by my house [preferably people who are coming from the LA direction, as my house is south of san simeon], or figure out some such other way to haul it, I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind getting it outta here. [we cut down about 5 trees. yes, we have enough wood.] I can bring a trunk full... I've done it before... lol.

and Dale, I kno my baby could make the run in the front group... but my driving is not... shall we say... fast-group worthy.

Janell

[This message has been edited by atleastitruns (edited 07-22-2004).]

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Don't count those Dukes out of the fast group too quick. Remember the Rally Through the Valley and the cruise at WestFest? Steven Snyder and his Duke were always in the rear view mirror. That thing scoots quick.

As for me, I will absolutely be at the Coast Run again, and without a doubt in the fast group. Got a bigger engine, engine and suspension mods, and new tires, gotta use em!

I do think, however, that I will probably do what I did last year and meet you all at the northern turnaround point on Saturday and go back down. Don't think I'm up to making the same north-south trip 4 times in one weekend, since the north turnaround point was less than 45 minutes from my house last year.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Scott, maybe you can help make a suggestion for the lunch stop this year. Last year's suggestion came from Stimpy and it was great! We can do it again if everyone wants too but I was thinking of heading on towards Monterey. Actually, I'd love to find a place for lunch with an ocean view. My personal choice would be going to Bubba Gump's but I hear that parking that many cars and getting tables on a Saturday might be a problem. Any input from anyone up there is appreciated.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Bubba Gumps is good stuff, but it is, unfortunately, right on Cannery Row IIRC which means we'll be parking in a parking garage at best. Let me talk to some friends and see what places we can come up with for lunch.
SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2004 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Love West Fest!!!
I want to thank all you Fiero Fanatics that arranged such a great time!!!
I'll try to be there in November too!

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Did anybody mention a beach party?

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST And folks always remember to eat before driving on the coast.If you fly off the cliff and no one finds you the only thing worse than knowing you are going to bleed to death alone is to do it hungry.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Scott, maybe you can help make a suggestion for the lunch stop this year. Last year's suggestion came from Stimpy and it was great! We can do it again if everyone wants too but I was thinking of heading on towards Monterey. Actually, I'd love to find a place for lunch with an ocean view. My personal choice would be going to Bubba Gump's but I hear that parking that many cars and getting tables on a Saturday might be a problem. Any input from anyone up there is appreciated.

I love the Bubba Gump's, but wait for a table is usually about an hour and no reservations are available. I'll give them a call and see if any arrangements can be made. Parking in the garage isn't terribly expensive (about $2.00 an hour) and there is usually plenty of parking available in it.

For a good idea of where to go, what is the general consensus for how much to spend per person for lunch? ($10, $15, $20?)

Count on the fat guy to find a place to eat!

------------------

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy, I think if we can find a place that has a general menu from hamburgers on up we'll be okay. I always try to find a place for events that has stuff around $15. I figure nowadays even going to fast food is $7 so $15 is not bad for a nice sit down meal. If we can end up at Bubba Gump's I'm having Mama's Fried Chicken regardless of cost!
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Who needs a stinking 4x4... Throw it in the back of my truck, and I'll bring the marg machine down with the power invertor!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

OR.....We run a bunch of fieros down to the store & load up some wood, I know we cant hold much but there is a lot of fieros,' Or else Im sure we could talk goober into loading up some in the official fiero tow vehicle

All ya got to do is ask!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

All ya got to do is ask!

OK Goober will you bring wood for a camp fire

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

OK Goober will you bring wood for a camp fire

Done... Janell said she has wood. So I will make arraingments with her to hit her place on the way to the show if that's kewl with her, unless they don't wanna part with her wood, then we'll get it some where else...

BTW: Janell has wood!?!? Could that be the reason she didn't stay at the show, so no one would find out she sports wood!?

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post

Done... Janell said she has wood. So I will make arraingments with her to hit her place on the way to the show if that's kewl with her, unless they don't wanna part with her wood, then we'll get it some where else...

BTW: Janell has wood!?!? Could that be the reason she didn't stay at the show, so no one would find out she sports wood!?

*dry laugh* how cómico. but ya, you can stop by and get the wood. *shakes head* That was a BAAAAD joke.

Janell

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Aaaaaah Goober LOL
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
um nobody even agreed we would have a beach party but of course im for it.Heck i'm always up for a beach party.I noticed Dale didn't comment on the matter.

I think i'll bring a winch goobs just in case.

i like the beaches.Their purty.

Whats the deal sir organizer sir.To party or not to party.Once again into the beach.

Recipe for party----10 ziggadillion parts pacific ocean
A punch of sand(maybe a little more)
1 bonfire
1 margarita machine
50 krazy people
1 large Q w/food
some fold tables and lights

and non alcholic bevs for wusses like me

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

and non alcholic bevs for wusses like me

Dude, you don't need booze to be insane.

FieroSkank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSkankSend a Private Message to FieroSkankDirect Link to This Post

Who needs a stinking 4x4... Throw it in the back of my truck, and I'll bring the marg machine down with the power invertor!

A friggen power invertor ... i thought we all agreed that you were ging to hook it up to a Harley frame and REV out some mean sour margaritas? i'm ... dissapointed ... and so is my mouse ... by god you're disgusted my mouse ... he looks upon you with shame ... you should find a way to make it belt-driven from your trucks tire LOL that'd be great .
-Skank.
PS. the oppinions and expressions seen on this post are not necessarily that of karl or the mouse but of a group of writers inside the darkest corners of karl's ... and the mouses minds.

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

Dude, you don't need booze to be insane.

i have spent a lot of money getting shrinks to convince me i'm ok and you ruin it in one sentence.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me! I think this should be a post-raffle thing for Saturday night because I don't want to even think of a bunch of people driving the coast too fast with hangovers!

Speaking of the raffle... We're going to try a new format that should help people's chances on getting what they want, and will help raise more money for charity... and the results will be used to decide if this is how raffles at future CA events will be handled. For the high end prizes, we will offer special tickets just for those prizes. Cost of those tickets will be $2 as compared to the regular $1 ticket. You will take your $2 tickets and divide them between cups placed in front of the high end prize(s) of your choice. There will be less competition for the big prizes, more chance for the people will to pay the extra buck to win the prize they want... and no one has to worry about winning a set of manual tranny mounts if their car is an automatic! The regular $1 raffle tickets will still be sold and will all go into a large pot and we will have the same random drawing for things like T-shirts, hats, etc... We will also have the 50/50 at the usual $1 rate. (Actually the $1 rate is $1 each or 7 for $5.)

As usual at the Coast Run, the proceeds from the raffles are donated to charity. Half of the 50/50 pot will be donated to Pennock's as it was last year. The profits from the regular raffle items will again be donated to St Judes Children's Research Hospital.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2004 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

i have spent a lot of money getting shrinks to convince me i'm ok and you ruin it in one sentence.

*does the "fierobear shoveling ****" dance*

You know Stimpy is right.

Dale - I like the new raffle idea. I'm just stoked I won something, but given the choice, I would've put my tickets on another item. I think this will work well.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2004 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Dale - I like the new raffle idea. I'm just stoked I won something, but given the choice, I would've put my tickets on another item. I think this will work well.

That would be nice to see implemented... We were talking about doing that in Vegas, and i don't remember why it wasn't done, or maybe we did... I don't remember.. that was too long ago!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by FieroSkank:

A friggen power invertor ... i thought we all agreed that you were ging to hook it up to a Harley frame and REV out some mean sour margaritas? i'm ... dissapointed ... and so is my mouse ... by god you're disgusted my mouse ... he looks upon you with shame ... you should find a way to make it belt-driven from your trucks tire LOL that'd be great .
-Skank.
PS. the oppinions and expressions seen on this post are not necessarily that of karl or the mouse but of a group of writers inside the darkest corners of karl's ... and the mouses minds.

I could always get one of the "pocket rocket" mini-bikes, and use that.. I mean hell.. All it is is a single speed chainsaw motor! That would work.. Gas powered margaritas.. DAMN!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well all, the Pre-Reg is up and running... For those of you that know, for sure, that you are coming to the event to see the "ugly french, mexican maide", click the link below!

Planning on attending!? Click here!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 08-23-2004).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Well all, the Pre-Reg is up and running... For those of you that know, for sure, that you are coming to the event to see the "ugly french, mexican maide", click the link below!

http://fieroswest.westcoastfiero.com/registration/registration.php

Charles...the coast run isn't a car show. There is no car registration.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Charles...the coast run isn't a car show. There is no car registration.

I clicked the link and I was just having the same thought...

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Sorry all.. having a brain fart.. Just going through and sorting the events I have to put on the calendar for Sept, - Jan 05, and I forgot to link the correct page! Try again!

May make more sense now!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

May make more sense now!

Yeah, good work.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay