Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Orville's new choptop (Construction pics!) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Orville's new choptop (Construction pics!) by Songman
Started on: 07-19-2004 05:08 AM
Replies: 83
Last post by: DotTC on 10-07-2004 01:50 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We've all seen Orville's creations by now. Cool engine swaps and total homebuilt custom bodies...First was the LS-1 in a fastback with a custom body. Next was a 3800SC in a notchback with a custom body. Then he has to chop the top on the notchback. So he learned so much about how to do the chops and was so happy with the results that he went back and chopped the top on the LS-1 fastback! The car is still not complete but the chop is done and it looks amazing! Quite a different look and chop style than all the other chops we see. As before, Orville uses an Olds windshield, lengthens and widens the roof, and moves the bottom of the curved windshield out about 5 inches. The result is a very sleek look! Notice the Trans Am gauge pod built into the new style dash. He's still designing the new taillight design as well as the new nose.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Which Old's windshield does he use..??
I think it look's alot better like that!

What is he doing for the door window's too....????

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 07-19-2004).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
WOW! This will look great! Looking forward to completed pix! Looks Murcielago-inspired...

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, PU dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. Custom sound system with subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
That is looking great. Can't wait to see the end result.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

WOW! This will look great! Looking forward to completed pix! Looks Murcielago-inspired...

I agree ! Impressive work!!!

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
i respect anyone that can turn a fiero into something like that :bows down in presence of higher being:

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That is a beautiful car. It would be awesome if he could splash some molds off if it and make a kit. Either way he is a craftsman when it comes to Fieros.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Orville doesn't get online all of that often but he'll see this thread soon and answer the questions that I can't answer. I just know that the lines of this thing across the fastback and roof area are incredible!
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Sigh, thats what a lot of spare time and a huge garage will do to a Fiero.
Very nice work Orville!
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Take it out on the freeways with the front off, that'd scare the crap out of me if I saw it comin Looks awesome though, kudos to orville, true craftsman's work there!
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Nice exhaust work. Not too keen about the blue speaker grills, or the way that the new dash piece mounts to the old (looks strange) but otherwise it's a sweet looking ride!! It'll be interesting to see it completed. If you get his ear again before he finishes the rear end, whisper "edge-to-edge LED tail lamps" to him. I think that and some projector beam headlamps would make the car look killer!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Those are just old grey faded speaker grilles. Orville is like most of us, he's never completely finished with anything. Everytime I go over there he tells me what he is thinking about. Next time I go over it may be done or he may have changed his mind to go into another direction... hahah
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
bump, would like to see more pics!
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

(looks strange)

That coming from someone who did'nt know where his engine went in his Fiero...

Any word on what he is using for side and rear window's..??

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
I really like the dash, retains some sotck look yet more updated. Any chance you could get a picture of it head on?
timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
all i can say is WOW
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Um....Yeah..........Kickass

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

OOOOOooorVillllle....
Come Out... Come Out... where ever you are......

{funny voice}
Paging Dr. O to the forum... Dr. O to the forum.... {/funny voice}

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Orville:

Here's a copy of what I posted about side windows in another thead. I used 1/4" thickness
but I think that 3/16" would also work. The part of the window below the opening can be
curved as needed to push the lexan closer at the top by heating with a heat gun and bending
over the edge of a table.

"For my doors I'm using lexan formed for the '82 - '88 F body cars. Available from Summit
Racing, they have about exactly the right curves in the vertical and horizontal planes and have
enough height vertically to fit the pattern for a 3" chop top; won't work to replace a stock
window, though. Nice thing is that they have a surface coating that's supposed to be almost as
hard as glass. My windshield is from a '90 Buick."

Orville

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Very creative it is nice to see some one going in a different direction.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 07-20-2004).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
it kind of looks like a chopped 350 z with no front end. interesting though.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Looks identical to the CTS, you could just slap a CTS front end on it:

I'm going to do the whole car in photoshop, probably post it tonight.

Orville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OrvilleSend a Private Message to OrvilleDirect Link to This Post
Here I am. Thanks for the post, Dale, Your camera takes better pictures than mine and you
get along etter with pip than I do. Thanks also to everyone for their comments.

doublec4, that's interesting. I wonder how close you'll get to the finished car. If you guys like,
Dale or I can post some more pics as I progress; won't be a lot of action, though - takes time.

MinnGreenGT, appreciate the link. A correction: the windshield is for several gm models from
82 thru 87 like the montecarlo and riviera. Cost is about $75.

Orville

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by linenoise:

I really like the dash, retains some sotck look yet more updated. Any chance you could get a picture of it head on?

Ditto, I would also like to see a drivers view.

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths..................A soldier dies but once.

Red 86 SE
Yellow 87 GT
Gold 86 SE (wrecked)
Red 84 2.5 Coupe

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I need to go over and see Orville again anyway and fill him in on WestFest so I will take a straight on driver's view picture.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Here's the side picture finished as promised, looks ok I guess:

I'll probably do a different angle soon. I scrapped the CTS idea though, because why make a custom fiero kit to make it look like regular car. What kind of fun is that

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
my god!!!
that is a beatiful creation, please please keep us posted
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Any chance we can get a head on look at that dash?????

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

That coming from someone who did'nt know where his engine went in his Fiero...

Ooh, you're SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky I like you! LOL

If you want me, I'll be standing over here --------------------------------------------->. This is where the line forms to buy this car.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I like it! I think it looks a little too Fiero-ish for what Orville normally does but I think that front end looks pretty close to perfect for the chop. The front ends that Orville designs are usually a little shorter than that... We'll see what he thinks of it when he gets back on here...

Pavo, Orville was over here yesterday. Haven't been back to his place yet but I'll try soon...

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

Ooh, you're SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky I like you! LOL

If you want me, I'll be standing over here

If I did'nt think you loved me, I would have never made the comment..
Save me a place in the line...

PFF
System Bot
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

If I did'nt think you loved me, I would have never made the comment..

You know it my friend!!

Save me a place in the line...

I think you have garnered the #2 position!

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
That is absolutely sweet looking. I especially like the scoops in the side and that short front end. Please post as many pictures as possible so we can follow along on this build

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

That is absolutely sweet looking. I especially like the scoops in the side and that short front end. Please post as many pictures as possible so we can follow along on this build

The sidescoop's and the nose are P'shopped..

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

The sidescoop's and the nose are P'shopped..

No Duh Steve..... I was commenting on the rendering, and since it was so close to the actual car, maybe Orville would consider putting them in.
No matter what, it is going to be a sweet ride....

Harold

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Sorry that is all I know how to do.........

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by Orville:

A correction: the windshield is for several gm models from
82 thru 87 like the montecarlo and riviera. Cost is about $75.

Orville

Thanks for the information Orville... Now, about the sidewindow's... I know you said 82-88 f-body from Summitt racing.. Do you have a part # and price..??
What are you doin for this rear window..??
The side and rear window's are the ONLY thing from keep "SmoothGT" from being chopped by me!
Thanks for any additional help you can give me..??

Orville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OrvilleSend a Private Message to OrvilleDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting, doublec4 - you're messing with my mind!

Smooth, I'm waiting to recieve the side windows for this car - should get them any day now.
I'm not sure what exactly I'm getting. The person I spoke with quoted an unbeleivable price
of $67 per side. My previous order for these windows was at $200 per side. I triple checked
the order with him and came up with the same price. Let you know when I get them.

The rear glass is cut from laminated safety glass; just about any glass shop can do it; price
is reasonable.

Orville

[This message has been edited by Orville (edited 07-23-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay