Started on: 06-07-2004 07:05 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Bradbitz11 on 06-07-2004 11:42 PM
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
So i was going to replace the old bushings in the dogbone with some poly ones. Was reading thru my service manual and it says: Displace engine rearward with horizontal load of 200-250 Newtons applied thru centerline of slots. Tighten while load is applied. Now for the questions. What would be the best way to apply that force and measure it in newtons or lbs per ft? Second why do you need to have that force on the engine while tightening the bolts? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just dont wanna screw anything up. TIA
Mike

------------------

MSN messenger :Silentassassin_185@hotmail.com
Yahoo ID :Silentassassin185@yahoo.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bradbitz11

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Basically just unbolt it, put the new one in, and tug and push on the car until the holes line up. The Helms manual is waaaaaaay too specific sometimes.

When I did mine, I just had my dad get some vicegrips on the engine lift bracket and pull back, while I slid the bolt in. Make sure to attach the firewall side first.

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock