Started on: 05-23-2004 10:50 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Erik on 05-27-2004 01:17 AM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
We had a small but really great group of people show up today at Saylorville Lake. I thought it may be a smaller group as this was the first ever Central Iowa meet.

Picture quality has been severely reduced so that the page would load faster. I have higher resolution photos if anybody wants high res copies.

Tstroud was the first one to get to the lake in his V8 Fiero, complete with hood and trunk lid scoops. The rides he gave brought back passengers with big, V8 induced, smiles.

I was able to get some ideas that I can use from looking at his car. He was out giving a ride to Chelsea when I left for home and did not get to properly thank him for coming and showing us his car. Tim, thanks again. It was great meeting you.

Even this bird wanted a closer look at the V8. After landing on the air cleaner, he showed no fear at all of us. We were within inches of him.

Erik and Salvaged in what we have dubbed the "Before Photo". Sadly, or perhaps fortunately, the helicopter never left the ground. It was windy and there was no telling what would have happened.

This was when we discovered that Erik had a problem. His keys got locked inside of his trunk.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-24-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
This is Blue Nite reaching her arm inside under the trunk lid as the others flexed it up. I could hardly watch.

She was able to reach it and was our hero. I did not know that the trunk would flex like that.

Some shots of the meet:

This is the group photo of all of the owners.
Left to right: Erik, Blue Nite, Manic Mechanic, Race, Salvaged, and tstroud. No car was powered by the same engine. Left to right we had a DOHC, 2.8L, 2.5L and a SBC.

Tstroud and his V8. This car was bad ###. We talked about how tough it looked and sounded when he was giving rides.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-26-2004).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

RACE

4842 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Blue Nite, and Manic Mechanic, drove the farthest to attend.

The flushmounts on his car looked awesome. I should have got a better photo of the wheels. It is a good looking car. The only problem is, now I have to get some 16s too.

Erik and the DOHC. One of the more interesting personalities in the group. I was glad to see that he was able to show up.

Me and my 2.5L. (The most anemic performer of the bunch).

Salvaged (yellow shirt) and his possible future Fiero owner, and fellow band member friend. (Sorry I did not remember your name. I thought I was doing pretty good to remember everyone else's). Salvaged's car was not in roadworthy condition to make the drive but it was great to meet him and everyone else. They were nice enough to give us all a copy of their new CD. I can't wait to hear it.

It was a great time. It is too bad that more owners were not able to attend. I know that there were others that would have liked to attend but could not for various reasons.

This is one more event that proves that Fiero owners around the country are a great bunch of people. I enjoyed meeting all of you. To me, today was one of the best days of the year.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 06-17-2004).]

Manic Mechanic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicDirect Link to This Post
Just got back, we decided to swing up 35 to Nevada for gas and food. Listening to the CD right now, sounds pretty damn good. Thanks a lot Salvaged.

Thanks to Tim for the ride, it was great. Chelsea wants me to make her car sound just like your's.

Can't wait for the next meet, hopefully we can get some more people to show.

[This message has been edited by Manic Mechanic (edited 05-24-2004).]

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Thankz for posting pics.

------------------

The 4.9 To Be!

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
look like fun was had by all!! Hopefully next time I'll be able to make it and not have to work ;( Good to see that none of the, many storms to hit this week ruined the afternoon.

Dan

------------------

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Dude, where's my keys?
Wow, what a great day, got to meet some great people and see some great cars. First off Blue Knight saved me by retrieving my keys from the trunk, thank you very much..I owe you I was so happy about seeing other Fiero enthusiasts that when Iopened my rear deck to show my motor I set the keys in the right rear trunk shelf and forget about them Manic Mechanic's Fiero was looking good with custom wheels and recessed headlights along with the aero body. Race had a nice 87 aero with custom leather interior and a awesome steering wheel ...I want. Tstroud's 84 black v8 was sinister looking all black with the custom front hood and rear decklid scoop and of course the sound of a healthy v8 really helped. He gave me a ride as well as any that wanted one and all of us came back with smiles on our face.
Salvaged didnt have his Fiero but he did scare us (at least me) with a RC helicopter, luckily it didnt fly due to problems If it would have it probably would have crashed into me due to the windy conditions or just out of spite. At least it wasnt black. He handed out a CD of his band to everyone, got to love the Iron Maiden Megadeth influence This was my first experience going to a Fiero event and I must say that Im looking forward to the next one.

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 05-24-2004).]

tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
This was also my first experience going to a fiero event. It was fun meeting other forum members and seeing their cars.
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the rides I gave them, it was a lot of fun seeing the "V8 smiles".
RACE it's too bad you had to go, I would have liked to given you a ride too. BTW did you notice how fast that mustang was going when you were at the stop sign? We found someone to play with on one of the rides.

Looking forward to the 2nd annual Central Iowa Fiero Meet.

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post
Hello
My name is Matt
This was my first meeting
& I'm a Fiero-holic

It was really cool meeting some new faces this weekend. Hope to do it again sometime! There are only 2 things that I wish were different... 1) I really wish I had my Fiero there so I could join in a little better 2) I wish my chopper would've flown... oh well, I probably saved myself a ton of $$$!!

Glad you like the CDs!

newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping to have my car put back together, at least enough to drive before the end of the week. I'll hope to make the next one, you guys really need a fastback there

------------------
88GT T-Tops, #366 of 1252

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Tim, I did see him when I was at the intersection. He was moving very fast. Did you beat him?

I would have liked to have had a ride too but needed to get back home due to some prior engagements that I had in the evening. At the next meet I will be the first person in line.

Hopefully we can find a weekend in August or September to do it again. I will make contact with a few people around town that should have been there yesterday. I know of five more owners that should have showed up but have never been to Pennock's.

Newfie, I hope to see you too at the next meet. To think, there was an 88GT with t-tops running around somewhere in Iowa and were denied the chance to see it, thats just horible. The other thing that would have been cool would have been a Northstar and a 3800 SC. We pretty much would have run the gamete.

One more photo that I forgot to post. Around the time that this photo was taken a guy driving a Vibe circled our group and in passing said, "Pontiacs Rock". Back at ya. + to everyone that made the trip.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-24-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Hey, it looks like a good start to a central Iowa club. Nice cars guys. Let's give everyone some time to get their cars streetworthy (that includes me) and do another get together, say middle of July or so. What do ya think?
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to make it, would be a blast, be a good 5-6 hour drive though . Would be glad to head there though.
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:
Hey, it looks like a good start to a central Iowa club. Nice cars guys. Let's give everyone some time to get their cars streetworthy (that includes me) and do another get together, say middle of July or so. What do ya think?

Sounds good to me! I should have working brakes soon...

Blue Nite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue NiteSend a Private Message to Blue NiteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Salvaged, I really liked your CD! Thanks a ton! Erik, my arm's a little bruised, but hey, you didn't have to mutilate your car too awful bad just to get home. It was all for a good cause. Tim, your car rocks. I LOVE how it sounded! Playing w/ that Mustang was great!! I still have a V8 smile!! And I liked Race's paint color, especially the shiny black louvers (sp?). I'm lookin' forward to when Manic Mechanic gets my car up and running so I can attend a meet w/ my own Fiero to show.

------------------

tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
RACE, We didn't race him but I pulled out behind him from an intersection and got up to where the speedo was pointing straight down before I had to slow down to make my corner.
It was pretty much even, I couldn't catch him and he couldn't pull away. He did have a bit of a start on me too.
I don't know what he had in there but I bet it was not a small block. It looked like a '69 or '70, and a nice one too.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I'll bet he was pretty surprised when a Fiero was pacing him. He is probably at home wondering what is wrong with his car.

Seeing your car has given me the motivation to begin to seriously look at my long anticipated 3800 SC swap. The brakes project can wait. I have been saving up but it will go into high gear now.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-26-2004).]

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:
motivation to begin to seriously look at my long anticipated 3800 SC swap.

Your car will be AWESOME with a motor swap!! Especially with those Mr. Mike's leather seats!!!

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

SaLvAgEd

973 posts
Member since Mar 2004

Originally posted by Blue Nite:
Yeah Salvaged, I really liked your CD! Thanks a ton!

No problemo! Glad ya like it!

tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Yeah RACE, after checking out your seats I'm jonesin' for some Mister Mikes leather seats myself.
That really makes a difference in how the interior looks and feels.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry i couldn't make it down..I really wanted to but things came up. i hope you guys have another gettogther soon...

July 17 in Onawa IA is Midwest Fieros annual car show... Maybe we all could meet up there and do a show and hang out..? Just a idea.. I have more info on the show if needed

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

I'm sorry i couldn't make it down..I really wanted to but things came up. i hope you guys have another gettogther soon...

July 17 in Onawa IA is Midwest Fieros annual car show... Maybe we all could meet up there and do a show and hang out..? Just a idea.. I have more info on the show if needed

Where is Onawa?
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Where is Onawa?

[img]http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt29%26FDJnci4Jkqj%2cMMCJ%3aHOEvq%3bwa21yt%3a%29fz2hy1%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40r%3aqyb%3al4b%3aTD%15JFE%3aH OHQJ%3bwa21yt%3a%29fz2hy1%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40%24x9%40[/img]
just copy and paste it in the address bar to see it, its south of Sioux City
------------------
Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8
white-- 86se V6 daily driver
Gold--- 86se 355 SBC

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 05-26-2004).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2004 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

[img]http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt29%26FDJnci4Jkqj%2cMMCJ%3aHOEvq%3bwa21yt%3a%29fz2hy1%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40r%3aqyb%3al4b%3aTD%15JFE%3aH OHQJ%3bwa21yt%3a%29fz2hy1%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40%24x9%40[/img]
just copy and paste it in the address bar to see it, its south of Sioux City

Cool,that would be worth it to travel as far, just as long as I have my 245s on for gas mileage

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock