Started on: 05-10-2004 03:30 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: NotAFieroAnyLonger on 06-29-2004 12:06 AM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
.....who wants to put one in my convertible? I'm serious. Those of you who have done this swap (and did a nice job, like Wholf & jscott1), how much would you charge to do the job? How long would it take? Etc., etc.

I lknow that there has been a lot of write ups on this topic, but I just don;t have the time to do it myself.

Anyone??

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wholf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could help you out... But I barely have enough time to work on my own car as much as I would like.
Maybe Jonathan or Roy can help you out. If you do get someone to do it, it is probably going to flatten your wallet a little.
Good luck on finding some one..

Oh, by the way.... Sweet ride you got there.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

Wish I could help you out... But I barely have enough time to work on my own car as much as I would like.
Maybe Jonathan or Roy can help you out. If you do get someone to do it, it is probably going to flatten your wallet a little.
Good luck on finding some one..

Oh, by the way.... Sweet ride you got there.

Thanks. The only aspect of the swap I am not comfortable with is the cutting and welding around the steering column area. The fitting of the dash, door panels, etc. doesn't bother me much, but I would be afraid of messing up the car (or burning it to the ground!).

I figured I'd ask those who have actually done this swap, since they know what it entails.

Thanks for the reply and the compliment! I really love how you did your interior and is similar to what I want to do with mine (obviously not the same color scheme, but the same quality).

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
WOW! the prospect of working on YOUR legendary car is tempting... But, like Wolfe, I don't have the time. I've even turned down Archie. I can tell you that it took me about 10 1/2 months to create my Firebird interior "look". The cutting and welding was the easy part.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm honored you would consider me to work on that wonderful ride of yours, but like Wholf, I barely have the time and energy to work on my own.

I keep hoping one of the guys that do this stuff full time like Archie, FastFiero, Ed Park, etc would produce a kit or turn key solution, but nothing yet.

I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
a Little bumpity bump for this thread with a bit of news...

It seems the firebird dash mod is catching on, of the 100 or so cars at Wheatstock we had one complete F-body interior, (Wholf) one almost complete (mine) and another that was just getting started.

The good news is that a vendor that I talked to was about to start doing turnkey f-body interiors professionally. It's not me, but I just wanted those to know that an option may soon be available for those that don't have the time to do it themselves. I know there are several people that wanted me ot Roy or Wholf to do their cars for them but none of us have the time either.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Contact Pat Kalsmith.. aka. The Fibersmith...
Fiero X said that he is working on a dash that is almost like the F-birdy dash but will be a DIRECT BOLT-ON!! Oh, it will even have a glovebox!!
Just a thought!

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock